BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Drone161 any progress w/ Beretta?

The company I purchased from says they're still waiting to hear back from beretta on getting me a new slide.
Time since my first contact with said company about the issue 2.5 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a letter in the mail from Beretta stating they received my gun for service. It included a service number to track progress but doesn't work. I will have to call and check on progress sometime this week.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Update. Called today and talked to the service department and had them check progress.
Was told my frame and slide was not repairable and that a complete new gun will be shipping back to me tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update. Called today and talked to the service department and had them check progress.
Was told my frame and slide was not repairable and that a complete new gun will be shipping back to me tomorrow.
View Quote

Sorry you have had to go through with this...hopefully the new gun you get from them will be outstanding.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Update. Received my replacement M9A3 today. All looks to be 100% perfect.
They even sent it with the complete kit. Now I have 6 17rd mags and two of everything that comes with the boxed kit.
Gun is still a TN built gun and only 2,900 off from the original serial number gun I had, and is few months earlier build date.

100% satisfied with Beretta and how they handled and took care of everything.
Now to shoot it this weekend and hope it groups as good as it looks.

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, thats badass customer service.  Nice pistol!
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I may have to go that route with mine as well. Did your serial number change? Did you have to go through your FFL again?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Update. Received my replacement M9A3 today. All looks to be 100% perfect.
They even sent it with the complete kit. Now I have 6 17rd mags and two of everything that comes with the boxed kit.
Gun is still a TN built gun and only 2,900 off from the original serial number gun I had, and is few months earlier build date.

100% satisfied with Beretta and how they handled and took care of everything.
Now to shoot it this weekend and hope it groups as good as it looks.
http://i.imgur.com/MR9DSlc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kZRPI6g.jpg
View Quote

I am glad they took care of you! That is awesome!
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I was told the old serial number gun was destroyed and paper work filed with the NICS that the old serial number was no longer valid. Not sure how it works but it did. I live in Ohio where there is no registration on guns. Was shipped directly back to me with no FFL check.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#11]
That's good for you. There are a few big makers that still take care of their customers and Beretta is one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Dear Beretta,

My order for a M9A3 or for any other 92 series pistol is not happening.  

Bad enough P320's are the new to be service pistol.  But if you won't even bother to QC what you COULD sell (or are you selling rejects?), I'm not bothering with the hassle of a POS showing up.

Nice that a new pistol came for the OP.  Shame on them for ever shipping that one.

Let's see.  The cost of a not bought M9A3 will pay for a couple of (________) products?

LSA
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:06:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dear Beretta,

My order for a M9A3 or for any other 92 series pistol is not happening.  

Bad enough P320's are the new to be service pistol.  But if you won't even bother to QC what you COULD sell (or are you selling rejects?), I'm not bothering with the hassle of a POS showing up.

Nice that a new pistol came for the OP.  Shame on them for ever shipping that one.

Let's see.  The cost of a not bought M9A3 will pay for a couple of (________) products?

LSA
View Quote

Because God knows Sig has never had quality control issues before. Ever.

The OP got a new gun, $90 worth of mags and an ammo box for his troubles. Things happen. Beretta stepped up, gave no excuses and made things right. Beretta is also a company that decided that state contracts and tax breaks are not all that matters. They moved from a state that has grown increasingly hostile to gun owners. A move that is costing them substantially, causing disruptions in there production lines and even in their quality control. These things will iron out in time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#14]
No.

Don't much like SIG.  Will shoot anything that goes bang reliably.  But I will be dog gone if I will spend money on a firearm where the factory system obviously doesn't give a d a m about QC or whether I have a headache with a gun that costs twice normal and twice the actual manufacturing effort required.  If you want a $2X premium on your gun, you had better dam well make your M9A3 correctly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No.

http://s5.postimg.org/jopkq6e1z/image.jpg

Don't much like SIG.  Will shoot anything that goes bang reliably.  But I will be dog gone if I will spend money on a firearm where the factory system obviously doesn't give a d a m about QC or whether I have a headache with a gun that costs twice normal and twice the actual manufacturing effort required.  If you want a $2X premium on your gun, you had better dam well make your M9A3 correctly.
View Quote

Good, more for me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm glad to see Beretta made it right.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#17]
LampShadeActual I know what you are saying, and the possibility of these types of issues would dissuade me heavily from dropping money on such an expensive pistol, but manufacturing is manufacturing...EVERY manufacturer, every gun company (including HK, Glock, and in this case, Beretta) can, has, and at some point, will again, let out a bad gun. We all wish it never happens, the manufacturers even wish it never happens, but it does. It hurts a lot less when it is a cheap $350 or so gun, than when it is a $1000 or so gun that is faulty out of the box from the factory, but it can and does happen no matter how much the gun costs.

I don't know obviously the particular story or scenario behind the mess of a gun that the OP received initially, and of course it is hard for us sitting here reading this thread to believe a gun like that could get out the door without being noticed....but, activity inside metal machining shops/manufacturing facilities when things are balls-to-the-wall to meet takt times can be absolutely crazy. I'm not saying it's ok that a bad gun got out, it is not, but despite Beretta's (as well as every other manufacturer's efforts) it is going to happen from time to time. The best a company can do is try to look at their processes, the frequencies of their gaging checks, etc. to minimize returns/warranty issues, and make things right for the customer if his purchase was bad from the factory., the way that Beretta did here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Intellectually, I understand this.

Financially, when a gun costs twice what it is worth to manufacture just because it is a new variant of the 92, I am less forgiving.

Since I don't need one, as opposed to wanting one to play with, the cost versus toy value says don't bother ordering one.

LSA
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Intellectually, I understand this.

Financially, when a gun costs twice what it is worth to manufacture just because it is a new variant of the 92, I am less forgiving.

Since I don't need one, as opposed to wanting one to play with, the cost versus toy value says don't bother ordering one.

LSA
View Quote

I have to agree with your bottom line assessment here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

LSA
View Quote

I disagree with the value assessment.  You have a picture of a couple of nice $500-600 guns.  

The M9A3 comes with 3, not 2 magazines like most out of the box pistols.  It also comes with a threaded barrel, which alone usually costs between $150-250.  It has night sights, another $125 upgrade.  It comes with an extended magazine release. It also comes with a hogue grip, and the factory smaller plastic grips.  The trigger is excellent out of the box.  Finally it is factory annodized/cerakoted.  It comes with a nicer than standard case.  To me this makes this a good value at around $960 which is what I paid for mine.

I had a S&W M&P 9 that I could not get to run reliably suppressed.  It was heavily upgraded and I had more than 1k invested in it putting a nice Apex trigger, threaded barrel, cerakoted slide with aftermarket sights, plenty of magazines, etc.  I sold it for the M9A3 and haven't looked back.

Almost every gun I have I have had to put extra money into.  This one is perfect out of the box.  To me that makes it worth it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I would be pissed. That's completely unacceptable.

I don't care about the finish near as much as some, but the barrel...WTF!?

ETA: Lawyer roll mark is annoying.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Great to see Beretta took care of you.  I would love to get a M9A3.  I haven't even seen one in my area.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I normally scoff at people's complaints on tiny cosmetic issues on guns.

Not this time. Wtf
View Quote

Same here, but what you have is not the case. 

Get that thing back to them and make them fix it.  Aren't those things going for $825 - $850?  For that much, it had better look a LOT better than that out of the box.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top