Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2016 10:53:51 PM EDT
Is it just me or are Berettas hard to find of late?

Regular M9 models (without all the fancy stuff) and 92G-SDs seem to be very hard to find lately.

About 6 months ago there were several of each on GB but I thought the prices were higher than what I'm accustomed to paying and thought "I'll wait until after Hillary loses and prices are more sane" but now it seems they are vaporware.

Is it just that they are more focused on 92A1 (love mine BTW) and M9A3 production?  It seems M9A3s are way more common now than 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't Beretta in the process of moving production to a plant in Tennessee?
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't Beretta in the process of moving production to a plant in Tennessee?
View Quote

I've been hearing that for over a year, I would assume that is done by now.

My first ever M9 was made in Italy and I've only ever seen 92G-SDs that were that way so I don't think the MD-TN move would have affected supply of the "PB" pistols as much.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
the move is done. has been for a couple months. Guns started rolling out with TN rollmarks a little bit back. Guns like the Vertec, Brigs, G-SD, G's have been made in a sort of limited status since late 2014 or so. I could swear all G- sd's were USA made. At least recently. The move really dried up Beretta guns this year. Extra were brought in from Italy/. But that takes time.  and Beretta Italy is old school Italian. Meaning things are usually slow anyways. Plus just normal importation times anyways.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased an M9 back in early November, but I ended going to 5 different gun shops before I found a place that had one in stock. And they only had one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a M9 from Quantico Tactical on May 2, and it is supposed to be delivered to my FFL today. Almost 8 months backorder.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the move is done. has been for a couple months. Guns started rolling out with TN rollmarks a little bit back. Guns like the Vertec, Brigs, G-SD, G's have been made in a sort of limited status since late 2014 or so. I could swear all G- sd's were USA made. At least recently. The move really dried up Beretta guns this year. Extra were brought in from Italy/. But that takes time.  and Beretta Italy is old school Italian. Meaning things are usually slow anyways. Plus just normal importation times anyways.
View Quote

I bought an M9 back in June.  Do you know the markings that would indicate the state of manufacture?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I experienced a similar delay from Quantico Tactical.  Mine was ordered mid-October and got it last Friday.  Can't beat the military discount by a long shot.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I bought an M9 back in June.  Do you know the markings that would indicate the state of manufacture?
View Quote

Missed this by almost a month.

With the M9 model, they don't list it obviously. I'd say that since you bought it in June. It was made in Accokeek. It wasn't until October/November that guns from Gallatin started to roll out. Even then, the first few guns had Accokeek markings on them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I put a plain M9 on Buds Gun shop wish list 2 weeks ago. Everybody was out of the plain jane but had a few of the A1's . I pick it up at my FFL dealer today. I guess I got lucky   .. Wardawg
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe the g-sd are low production runs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top