BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Waiting on the M9A3 myself. Beretta keeps spamming me with BS emails.

"Hey this is Jimbo, did you see these sweet deals on the Beretta store?"

Please.. just come out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Please.. just come out.

I emailed them back, saying I don't want your stupid shirts, I want an M9A3. No reply.

Quoted:
I'll be happy to pay the $350 shipped going rate for a used one once the new shiney berettas are out and guys are offloading their old used berettas.  :)

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah I know, I get those too...offers to save 10-15% off usually on some overpriced shooting shirt or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please.. just come out.

Yeah I know, I get those too...offers to save 10-15% off usually on some overpriced shooting shirt or something.

LOL same here.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I feel that Beretta doesnt understand that me subscribing for M9A3 updates is NOT me wanting some daily stupid email about store discounts. Every day, no failure.

Just tell me when the damn pistol will be for sale.
View Quote

Signing up for the update was one of my worst ever mistakes in life.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel that Beretta doesnt understand that me subscribing for M9A3 updates is NOT me wanting some daily stupid email about store discounts. Every day, no failure.

Don't feel too bad, a lot of us got suckered into that one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please.. just come out.

Sometimes they are good deals and you can stack coupons. I once got 5 30 round mags 92 mags for $15 a peace from the beretta store.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I did :/
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did too
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
This thing ever coming out? Any update on the release date?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never coming out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Never coming out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never coming out.

But there is a sale on ugly shirts and hats with the Beretta logo. Spam. Every. Damn. Day.

SMH
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Matteo at Beretta: we miss you!

Baby, you never had me.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe Beretta's moving production to another state has caused delays. Beretta bragged it can be made cheaper than current 92's (Addressing Military), showing efficiency, good management etc.  But,even if that press release was intended to get the public behind Beretta, how do you tell the public it' can't be made cheaper for them (contract pricing aside)?. The Government had that information way before the public did.  I have my limits, even if I have the money
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#14]
All hope and excitement is lost....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#15]
When beretta bragged about being able to make them cheaper they probably had some new machinery in mind that was going to increase production.  If a place got a huge order in that'd help tip the economy of scale.  Without the military ordering these I doubt the price drops.

I still want one if the unicorn ever shows up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Its a tie between buying the franklin armory binary fire trigger or the M9A3.

all that really matters is which one releases first.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#17]
When does this thing officially become "vaporware"? Is this thing going to take as long as it took RRA to put out the LAR-47? (Good Lord let's hope not).
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But there is a sale on ugly shirts and hats with the Beretta logo. Spam. Every. Damn. Day.

SMH
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never coming out.

SMH

I think "James" or whoever from Beretta would get the picture if you took the Governor approach...just let them know you "don't want it!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5CH78peD6E

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn this thing and the Glock 40 MOS are turning into vaporware.  Does my wallet a favor though.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Damn this thing and the Glock 40 MOS are turning into vaporware.  Does my wallet a favor though.
View Quote

I feel the same way about both those pistols and my wallet, :)
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Pure speculation here, but I wonder if any part of the reason for the delay has to do with Beretta trying to figure out what their pricing is going to be on the rest of the 92 line, in addition to the M9A3? For example, let's say the M9A3 gets released at $800 for a MSRP (this is ONLY an example, could be more)...are the INOX 92FS, M9A1, or the 92A1s still going to be priced around $750-$775 MSRP? Would that really make sense for them? For that matter, won't something like the 92A1 or M9A1 become pretty redundant if the M9A3 gets released?

I have no way of knowing, and I'm just speaking out loud here, but I do honestly wonder if some of these pistols might possibly down the road get discontinued as catalog items if the M9A3 ever gets released and actually sells well. At least, I'm wondering if the thought has crossed the minds of Beretta execs. To be clear I DON'T want any of them discontinued, I'm just trying to think what might happen.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pure speculation here, but I wonder if any part of the reason for the delay has to do with Beretta trying to figure out what their pricing is going to be on the rest of the 92 line, in addition to the M9A3? For example, let's say the M9A3 gets released at $800 for a MSRP (this is ONLY an example, could be more)...are the INOX 92FS, M9A1, or the 92A1s still going to be priced around $750-$775 MSRP? Would that really make sense for them? For that matter, won't something like the 92A1 or M9A1 become pretty redundant if the M9A3 gets released?

I have no way of knowing, and I'm just speaking out loud here, but I do honestly wonder if some of these pistols might possibly down the road get discontinued as catalog items if the M9A3 ever gets released and actually sells well. At least, I'm wondering if the thought has crossed the minds of Beretta execs. To be clear I DON'T want any of them discontinued, I'm just trying to think what might happen.
View Quote
they had all that figured out a long time ago...
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Has anybody else seen these? If they've been out for a while I apologize but I don't remember seeing 17 rounders for the PVD mags...are we getting closer to release????!

Beretta 92FS Magazine 9mm 17 Rds (Sand Resistant-PVD)

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/mag-90two-spec-duty-pvd-9-17-pvd-9mm-17-unpackaged/c83734/
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I thought the wait for a pistol can would be longer than the wait for the M9A3
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Has anybody else seen these? If they've been out for a while I apologize but I don't remember seeing 17 rounders for the PVD mags...are we getting closer to release????!

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/mag-90two-spec-duty-pvd-9-17-pvd-9mm-17-unpackaged/c83734/
View Quote
Those are standard for the M9A1. Been out for a few years.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 17 rounders are standard for the M9A1? Are you certain? I know the 15 rounders have been out since the introduction of the M9A1, but 17 round PVD mags being standard for the M9A1 is news to me...?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Good catch, these do indeed look like the new M9A3 magazines.

The 15 round PVD sand resistant magazines come standard with the M9A1 and Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have any connections at Betetta? Curious if we are looking at q3, q4, next year?

Last I heard it was supposed to be to market by end of q2 but that obviously passed.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The 17 rounders are standard for the M9A1? Are you certain? I know the 15 rounders have been out since the introduction of the M9A1, but 17 round PVD mags being standard for the M9A1 is news to me...?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you get 3 of them with a new 92a1. mine came with them
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone have any connections at Betetta? Curious if we are looking at q3, q4, next year?

Last I heard it was supposed to be to market by end of q2 but that obviously passed.
View Quote

May 2015 is what i was told.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 17 round magazines with the 92A1 do not have the sand resistant PVD coating.  These are new.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The 17 round magazines with the 92A1 do not have the sand resistant PVD coating.  These are new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the slick black shinny 17 rounders where the new ones. I drop them in the dirt all the time in matches and the dirt and sand has never gave them problems.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Here are the black 17 round magazines at the Beretta USA store.  They've been around for a while, having been introduced with the Beretta 90Two in 2006.  These are not the sand resistant PVD magazines.

Around the same time Beretta introduced the M9A1.  The Checkmate magazines issued at the time were demonstrating reliability problems in Iraq due to the (DOD mandated) phosphate finish.  Beretta introduced their own sand resistant PVD magazines along with the M9A1.

From the Beretta USA M9A1 page...

Extra-Durable Pistol and Magazines

Just as the US Marines are rightly famous for their reliability and endurance, the M9A1 is built to be ultra-tough and always dependable. Besides the superior steels of which it is constructed, it also features a unique sand-resistant magazine that was developed for the sandy environments of Iraq and Afghanistan and comes standard only on the M9A1. The special PVD coating reduces friction, while the magazine tube design reduces the possibility of grit accumulation within the round column, greatly increasing the reliability and functioning of the M9A1 even in the most extreme conditions.

Here are the 15 round sand resistant PVD coated magazines at the Beretta USA store.

This is the link to the Beretta 17 round sand resistant PVD magazines.  These are (probably) the new M9A3 magazines.  

From the M9A3 page at Beretta USA...

Easy to Use and Maintain

The M9A3 was designed to be used in the heat of combat. For this reason, Beretta has put a generous bevel at the magazine well, so that tactical magazine changes may be performed quickly and easily with one hand, regardless of lighting conditions. Along the same lines, the magazine-release button is oversized, making it simple to use when seconds count even while wearing gloves. And the M9A3 is low-maintenance thanks to its hyper-resistant FDE finish that is practically impervious to the elements, sand-resistant magazines in 15 or 17 rounds (10-round standard), and intuitive tool-free disassembly. Whether it’s on duty, at home, for concealed carry or at the range, the M9A3 will always give you the absolute best of Beretta’s centuries-old experience and long history serving the needs of professionals the world over.

One difference is that the pictured 17 round sand resistant magazine on the website has a black base pad, whereas the pictures of the M9A3 show a FDE base pad on the magazine.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here are the black 17 round magazines at the Beretta USA store.  They've been around for a while, having been introduced with the Beretta 90Two in 2006.  These are not the sand resistant PVD magazines.

http://www.berettausa.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/JM909P.jpg

Around the same time Beretta introduced the M9A1.  The Checkmate magazines issued at the time were demonstrating reliability problems in Iraq due to the (DOD mandated) phosphate finish.  Beretta introduced their own sand resistant PVD magazines along with the M9A1.

From the Beretta USA M9A1 page...

Extra-Durable Pistol and Magazines

Just as the US Marines are rightly famous for their reliability and endurance, the M9A1 is built to be ultra-tough and always dependable. Besides the superior steels of which it is constructed, it also features a unique sand-resistant magazine that was developed for the sandy environments of Iraq and Afghanistan and comes standard only on the M9A1. The special PVD coating reduces friction, while the magazine tube design reduces the possibility of grit accumulation within the round column, greatly increasing the reliability and functioning of the M9A1 even in the most extreme conditions.

Here are the 15 round sand resistant PVD coated magazines at the Beretta USA store.

http://www.berettausa.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/JM92sand-resistand-HI-CAP.jpg

This is the link to the Beretta 17 round sand resistant PVD magazines.  These are (probably) the new M9A3 magazines.  

http://www.berettausa.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/C83734-Left.jpg

From the M9A3 page at Beretta USA...

Easy to Use and Maintain

The M9A3 was designed to be used in the heat of combat. For this reason, Beretta has put a generous bevel at the magazine well, so that tactical magazine changes may be performed quickly and easily with one hand, regardless of lighting conditions. Along the same lines, the magazine-release button is oversized, making it simple to use when seconds count even while wearing gloves. And the M9A3 is low-maintenance thanks to its hyper-resistant FDE finish that is practically impervious to the elements, sand-resistant magazines in 15 or 17 rounds (10-round standard), and intuitive tool-free disassembly. Whether it’s on duty, at home, for concealed carry or at the range, the M9A3 will always give you the absolute best of Beretta’s centuries-old experience and long history serving the needs of professionals the world over.

One difference is that the pictured 17 round sand resistant magazine on the website has a black base pad, whereas the pictures of the M9A3 show a FDE base pad on the magazine.

http://www.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimGalleryLarge/m9a3_zoom002.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the link. I been buying the black slick 17 rounders. I will have to try some of those PVD 17s now. Now just gotta wait for another 50% off sale. Last christmas I got some of their 30 rounders for $20 shipped each.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I want one

I hated m9s when I was in the Marines. I took a cqb course when I was stationed in VA and my m9 kept failing. It was the mags but as a 19 yr old lance I was just hating on the weapon system. I used my instructors 226 to finish the class and fell in love with sigs. Now.that I can mantain my own weapons im loving berettas.

The A3 is #1 on my buy list.

I hope the .mil learns how to maintain weapons instead of rebuilding them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I think most people who served around the M9's are always going to have some amount of love for the gun, just like the 1911 boys did before my time.  For that reason alone, it's enough for me to want to get an M9A3.  Assuming I live long enough for them to release them to the civilian market that is..........
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#37]
I am getting tired of waiting...is there any news on a firm release date on these pistols?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am getting tired of waiting...is there any news on a firm release date on these pistols?
View Quote

You're kidding right? This is Beretta.

I've learned to just bide my time and simply not worry about release dates by Beretta. And most gun makers for that matter. I'm sure their move to TN is complicating things too. I just distract myself with other gun stuff.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've learned to just bide my time and simply not worry about release dates by Beretta. And most gun makers for that matter. I'm sure their move to TN is complicating things too. I just distract myself with other gun stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gay little pico came out on time
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but look at these deals on shirts I picked out just for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really hate that salesmen...
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 5:02:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we all hate that salesman, "James". It took a couple tries, but I finally got those stupid emails to go straight into my spam folder. I mean holy crap. I would sometimes get 5 emails week about some fricking jacket or shirt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry if this is a stupid question but will the standard 15rd 92FS mags work with the M9a3? Has anyone heard. I bought a metric crap ton of factory 92fs mags and checkmate mags for my 92fs and I am hoping these will work with the m9a3.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but will the standard 15rd 92FS mags work with the M9a3? Has anyone heard. I bought a metric crap ton of factory 92fs mags and checkmate mags for my 92fs and I am hoping these will work with the m9a3.
View Quote

from what I have seen yes both 15 round and 17 round mags will work in them
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Just noticed that armsunlimited has this on their website

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A3-9mm-Pistol-p/js92m9a3mle.htm

There is no release date but it has a list price of $690.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just noticed that armsunlimited has this on their website

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A3-9mm-Pistol-p/js92m9a3mle.htm

There is no release date but it has a list price of $690.
View Quote

Already posted on page 2.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#48]
This thread is excellent daily false hope...it just keeps getting bumped with nothing...just like i've just done...
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm in the market for another 92.  Have an M9 and went looking Saturday at my LGS at an Inox and an Italian 92FS.  Would really like to get the A3 but after reading several pages of this thread, may have to settle for the 92 A1.  Really want to be able to put night sights on it easily.

Guess no other word on release date?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm in the market for another 92.  Have an M9 and went looking Saturday at my LGS at an Inox and an Italian 92FS.  Would really like to get the A3 but after reading several pages of this thread, may have to settle for the 92 A1.  Really want to be able to put night sights on it easily.

Guess no other word on release date?
View Quote

This is literally the first gun I have saved up the money for before the release date...and it is killing me and if it wasn't for the moved safety lever I would get the A1 or a vertex and add a threaded barrel.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top