Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Every time someone post here, it shows up at the top of my subscriptions and I keep clicking thinking I'll see "M9A3 released for sale!"

But it's not.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/398/2013_6beb.jpeg
View Quote

Funny. My thoughts as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Arms unlimited  has it listed as coming  soon.  Priced at 690

Yep. I'll preorder at that price.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A3-9mm-Pistol-p/js92m9a3mle.htm
If that's the price I'll order the second they come out.

Assuming it makes it on the CA roster. I think it might on the frame, since the Vertec is on. That's how they got the M9A1 on iirc.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont know why i suddenty want this gun.

Never like m9s prior to seeing this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:12:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Old school tag
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
With the army snubbing the A3 for the second time, they may have to sell em cheap lol.  

It's a good looking 92, I already have a 92A1 so I'll wait till they hit the second hand market before buying.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With the army snubbing the A3 for the second time, they may have to sell em cheap lol.  

It's a good looking 92, I already have a 92A1 so I'll wait till they hit the second hand market before buying.
View Quote

It has not been official rejected.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lol. Don't tell Wilson Combat or Colt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beretta is pricing themselves out of the market with their antiquated pistol.  That said, I would love to own one but wouldn't pay more than $600.

Lol. Don't tell Wilson Combat or Colt.

Call me an Antiquated fool with an Antiquated collection...........but they all go BANG just the same!
Added an Antiquated Wilson Brig Tac also,worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If any pistol actually gets adopted out of this (and I doubt it will, as most of these are just shows to get a general some stars and a job after retirement), the M9A3 has a massive advantage in logistics alone.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell, I will sell my M&P and get one

Quoted:

$690?  I'll have to move some money around or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A3-9mm-Pistol-p/js92m9a3mle.htm

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the M9 and the 92A1, will definitely snatch up a M9A3 given the opportunity.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Whats the price gonna be for the "G"  conversion kit ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's a real price, I'll own one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Still no release date?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Still no release date?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still no release date?

they said may back at shot show.... Looks like they lied....
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#17]
For that price, I might have to look into buying my first Beretta.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still no release date?

That sucks, i'm ready to order one!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Question: How does the M9A3 frame differ from a standard Vertec frame? Reason I ask is because I'm wondering if the adjustable back straps will work on a Vertec FS.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Question: How does the M9A3 frame differ from a standard Vertec frame? Reason I ask is because I'm wondering if the adjustable back straps will work on a Vertec FS.
View Quote

It has the M9A1 aggressive checkering and beveled mag well, and has a three slot rail. I don't think it has traditional adjustable back straps, just an extra wrap around grip that replaces the grips and is the size of the standard M9. See below.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish they would put the safety on the frame and it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wish they would put the safety on the frame and it would be perfect.
View Quote

Amen.

A straight backstrap and safety on the frame.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Why is there such a desire for a frame mounted safety? Preference? Comfort? Small fingers, can't reach? I have a 92fs and I have never had a problem with the safety. I am wondering if I am missing something...
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why is there such a desire for a frame mounted safety? Preference? Comfort? Small fingers, can't reach? I have a 92fs and I have never had a problem with the safety. I am wondering if I am missing something...
View Quote

People are trying to find problems where there is none. Some try to make themselfs feel better for buying glocks and other inferior firearms. I use 92's every day and never had an issue with the safety or acidently activating it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Tag. I want one, and for $690, I will get one. Make it decocker only and I will be happy.
View Quote

It will have that option--whether out of the box or as part of a kit. We'll have to see what happens, but the option will be there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

People are trying to find problems where there is none. Some try to make themselfs feel better for buying glocks and other inferior firearms. I use 92's every day and never had an issue with the safety or acidently activating it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't call a Glock inferior, but I get what you are saying.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#28]
As much as I want the M9A3 to be sold at $690 (or at least in the $700 range), I seriously doubt it will be that inexpensive. The M9 is going for around $550, and the M9A1 is going for around $650. The only differences between the M9 and M9A1 are a slightly different grip, the large dust cover/accessory rail, and some internal improvements. Those differences will cost you $100. With this being said, the M9A3 will have a full 3-slot accessory rail, a completely different frame and grip (possibly with large grip included), night sights, maybe a threaded barrel, improved internal parts, a completely different color scheme, and maybe more. In my amateur opinion, that will cost a whole lot more than $40-$50 dollars (difference in price between A1 and A3).

Hopefully I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Im still waiting for the release before I buy my first Beretta. I really hope the price is reasonable and they make some models in black... I don't need my handgun to blend in with sand living in Ohio.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I broke and bought a Mk 25 instead.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I broke and bought a Mk 25 instead.
View Quote

Get both? That's my plan lol.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I can pretty much guarantee that the M9a3 will come out within the next week.

...because I broke down and bought an M9a1 today.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#32]
no official release date yet?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

The slide mounted safety has been known to have issues for some people when "coming over the top" for a reload or a slide racking.  The safety can be engaged by the grabbing of the slide, and then when the slide goes forward, the hammer drops and the safety stays on, which means a pull of the trigger without the accompanying "bang" which can be frustrating to a shooter.  I usually avoid the possibility of this happening by NOT slingshotting the slide, and using the slide release on my Beretta.  

I have medium hands, but have never had any issues with flipping the safety off on the draw stroke, but I practiced, and practiced, and practiced some more, to make sure it was automatic when I did it.  However, a frame mounted safety, that would allow for carrying the weapon cocked and locked, would eliminate the DA/SA transition from any shooting situation.  While the DA/SA is a safe alternative, cocked and locked is a safe option as well.

That's why I want a frame mounted safety.  Others may have slightly different reasons, but I believe a lot of them are similar.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The slide mounted safety has been known to have issues for some people when "coming over the top" for a reload or a slide racking.  The safety can be engaged by the grabbing of the slide, and then when the slide goes forward, the hammer drops and the safety stays on, which means a pull of the trigger without the accompanying "bang" which can be frustrating to a shooter.  I usually avoid the possibility of this happening by NOT slingshotting the slide, and using the slide release on my Beretta.  

I have medium hands, but have never had any issues with flipping the safety off on the draw stroke, but I practiced, and practiced, and practiced some more, to make sure it was automatic when I did it.  However, a frame mounted safety, that would allow for carrying the weapon cocked and locked, would eliminate the DA/SA transition from any shooting situation.  While the DA/SA is a safe alternative, cocked and locked is a safe option as well.

That's why I want a frame mounted safety.  Others may have slightly different reasons, but I believe a lot of them are similar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want to be able to carry cocked-and-locked with safety on, it is a simple modification to disable the decocker. Never saw the point myself, but it's been done.

ETA: It's just removing the little bit that does the decocking, while leaving the safety intact and functional.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
no official release date yet?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have inadvertently engaged the safety on an M9 twice.  Both times were during pistol qual while on active duty doing exactly what you described:  an "over the top" slide manipulation.  I just accepted it as part of the platform and a training issue at the time.  Now I know there is a better way....the G version.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:33:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

<<snip>>.

If you want to be able to carry cocked-and-locked with safety on, it is a simple modification to disable the decocker. Never saw the point myself, but it's been done.

ETA: It's just removing the little bit that does the decocking, while leaving the safety intact and functional.

View Quote

You're saying people actually modify the safety/decocker to allow the safety to be on, but the gun to be in SA mode?

Got any links?  I have NEVER heard of this.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I looked into it when I first got my Beretta, and yes I saw pictures. I'll see if I can find it.
ETA: Found it. Info from user "Ouzo" here: http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-317693.html

No picture was given, but a detailed description. Paraphrasing, simply remove the decocking lever (part 31 in this schematic: http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Beretta-/92-96-FS-D-M-22-Practice-Kit-sid882.aspx#r31sid882). The gun can then be put on safe without lowering the hammer. Now, the trigger will STILL DROP THE HAMMER (don't try this and blame me when you freak out) but the safety still rotates the firing pin out of the way when engaged so it can't discharge the gun. If this happens accidentally, the DA still works as normal. I can't say it's a carry modification I'd make, but it could be fantastic for a range/competition gun.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I will be getting one
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Just cracked and bought an M9 today... so expect Beretta to start shipping the A3s next week.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just cracked and bought an M9 today... so expect Beretta to start shipping the A3s next week.
View Quote

I'm right there with you my friend.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#42]
I noticed today that the M9A3 is on Beretta's pistols page. Hopefully that means release is coming soon.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I noticed today that the M9A3 is on Beretta's pistols page. Hopefully that means release is coming soon.
View Quote

Yeah, it's been there for at least about a week or so, perhaps longer, that's about when I saw it. I do agree it is a good sign though!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a simple plan for the M9A3.  As bad as I want one, I also know there'll be plenty of guy selling & trading off their "old" beretta for the newest pew pew on the market.  If the M9A3 is rediculous expensive, then hopefully I'll find an M9a1 or even better a 92a1 with night sights.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have a simple plan for the M9A3.  As bad as I want one, I also know there'll be plenty of guy selling & trading off their "old" beretta for the newest pew pew on the market.  If the M9A3 is rediculous expensive, then hopefully I'll find an M9a1 or even better a 92a1 with night sights.
View Quote

I'll sell you my 92A1 when the M9A3 comes out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be happy to pay the $350 shipped going rate for a used one once the new shiney berettas are out and guys are offloading their old used berettas.  :)
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#47]
It'll be interesting to see what happens to these other Beretta 92 models when the M9A3 FINALLY comes out, that is, IF it becomes a standard production 92 pistol. If it does, other than a lower price for say a 92A1 or M9A1, realistically what would those two offer most people over the M9A1?

To be clear I don't want any of them to go away or be discontinued or anything, but it seems to me they'd be (mostly)redundant in terms of features with the arrival of the M9A3, and if people didn't want to spring the dough or wanted more a plain Jane 92 type gun they could go with a 92FS, M9, or 92G for simplicity of features and a bit less money.

Man I wish the damn M9A3 would just come out already--tomorrow will be JUNE.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#48]
So I am actively thinking about an M9 purchase, like, this week, as I just got rid of my G19 when I remembered I don't like Glocks. The g19 was going to be my zombie apocalypse gun- with easily found mags and parts, etc but I think an M9 will fit this role maybe better.

sooooooo....do I wait on an A3?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Waiting on the M9A3 myself. Beretta keeps spamming me with BS emails.

"Hey this is Jimbo, did you see these sweet deals on the Beretta store?"

Please.. just come out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Waiting on the M9A3 myself. Beretta keeps spamming me with BS emails.

"Hey this is Jimbo, did you see these sweet deals on the Beretta store?"

Please.. just come out.
View Quote

Yeah I know, I get those too...offers to save 10-15% off usually on some overpriced shooting shirt or something.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top