Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2002 4:03:28 PM EDT
 I saw some used military-issue 15 rounders at the Funshow for $35 each . Wondering if this is a good price because the only other pre-bans I ever see are unmarked aftermarket mags.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Those sound like contract mags with metal base pads? They should be an ugly parkerized finish and do work better than they look. Check for dates or a stamp saying "Govt. or law enforcement only", as I even turned up a few of those and are a no-no. $35 seems to be the going tag on used pre-ban factory mags, either Italian or made in USA. Avoid the unknown makes of "pre-bans" as most are a waste of money. I even had some trouble with Promags.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep..Made in Italy military contract mags with metal base plates. Thanks for the advice..I always look for dates and LEO stamp.While were on the subject...how much should hi-cap Glock19 mags cost? New and used ..can used ones be trusted ? I wouldn't go buying any of that unknown crap (I've seen hi-cap 92's for $20 and figured they might just suck) Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Glock mags, little more complicated. Some are not fully metal lined, some are. Some are beat to death...$50 and up, to minty drop free...$75+ and up. You can always put new springs and followers into decent bodies. If you dont mind an inch hanging down, a model 17 magazine will work and I think were more common.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Such magazines would be priceless (and illegal) here in California.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top