Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2002 4:03:28 PM EDT
I saw some used military-issue 15 rounders at the Funshow for $35 each . Wondering if this is a good price because the only other pre-bans I ever see are unmarked aftermarket mags.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 4:52:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:52:51 AM EDT
Those sound like contract mags with metal base pads? They should be an ugly parkerized finish and do work better than they look. Check for dates or a stamp saying "Govt. or law enforcement only", as I even turned up a few of those and are a no-no. $35 seems to be the going tag on used pre-ban factory mags, either Italian or made in USA. Avoid the unknown makes of "pre-bans" as most are a waste of money. I even had some trouble with Promags.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 3:43:30 PM EDT
Yep..Made in Italy military contract mags with metal base plates. Thanks for the advice..I always look for dates and LEO stamp.While were on the subject...how much should hi-cap Glock19 mags cost? New and used ..can used ones be trusted ? I wouldn't go buying any of that unknown crap (I've seen hi-cap 92's for $20 and figured they might just suck) Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:45:55 AM EDT
Glock mags, little more complicated. Some are not fully metal lined, some are. Some are beat to death...$50 and up, to minty drop free...$75+ and up. You can always put new springs and followers into decent bodies. If you dont mind an inch hanging down, a model 17 magazine will work and I think were more common.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:39:42 PM EDT
Such magazines would be priceless (and illegal) here in California.
Top Top