Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 12:05:10 PM EDT
A 'problem'

FFL buddy found this at an auction and well, it's mine now.  

P-220 NIB unfired (other then factory)

in 38 Super

The problem........ should I shoot it or not.  I have a 'thing' for the .38 Super round.

Why or why not should I shoot it........

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
As others have said before, I have a hard time owning a gun that I cant shoot. I say take that puppy to the range and start plugging some x-rings.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty selective about firing older NIB guns.

(I also have a P-220 in .38 Super.  This pistol had fifty rounds through it so firing was no problem.)

My advice is to shot the gun.  In most guns and I would include yours, a well cared for LNIB with all mags, paperwork, manual, etc., is worth almost as much as NIB.

Should you decide to sell later about the only potential buyers you eliminate are the very few hard-core collectors and although scarce these guns are not truly rare.

My $.02
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless you're somekind of investor speculating on any future price-increases, I'd definitely use this gun. I want my fire-arms to work and to find that out I have to shoot them.
There's only one exception and that is my "vault-keeper", i.e. my handengraved Browning GP which has the status of becoming a family heirloom. But it only got that status after many years of "hard labour" and the purchase of my P226.

Just my 2 Eurocents,

C-2-6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top