Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 11:22:21 AM EDT
I haven't seen anything recently on EE.  Are the Mec-Gar mags basically factory mags?  I found some here:

www.gungarage.com/mecgar_mags.htm

I found several 'Mec-Gar' sites, but none of them list the P220.  I have the two factory mags that came with the gun, and two Promags that came with the deal that I'm using for range-only.  CDNN is selling Demo P220 mags for $19.99 + shipping.  They haven't answered my email about who the manufacturer is so I'll have to call them.  Plus, I think it's $9 for shipping.    
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC corectly, CDNN is a flat 10 shipping charge so buy much and save. The factory demo mags are SiG mags and the people who have bought them have said they look brand new.

You won't see the 220 or any SiG listings at MecGar since they OEM the SiG mags and have a non compete agreement.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have quite a few of the Mec-Gars that were made prior to the SIG agreement.  They have proven durable and totally reliable.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Try these, they're beautiful.

www.precisionsights.com/actmag.html
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Shhhh...dont tell anyone...but I think they have a "loose"  affiliation with Mec-Gar
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Made in Italy...shshhhhhh
but even cheaper here...copesdist.com/sigsauer.htm
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#6]
CDNN has the ACT/NOVAK mags for $18.99 blue $19.99 stainless and of all the mags I have used in my SIGs they are the best .
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Guys, thanks for all the info.  

I'll go with copesdist.com/sigsauer.htm since they are the cheapest on shipping.  I've ordered stuff from CDNN, but I'm only looking to order a couple of sig mags and their shipping would be more.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
CDNN has the ACT/NOVAK mags for $18.99 blue $19.99 stainless and of all the mags I have used in my SIGs they are the best .

Same here.  Picked up two last summer and probably put 500 rounds through each with out a problem with function.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
ACT-MAG (which manufactures the Novak mags also) does have a sort of connection to Mec-Gar but it is not what you might think.
ACT-MAG was started by people who left Mec-Gar and became their competition.
Apparently when the patriarch of Mec-Gar passed away and the company was taken over by it's inheritors things changed.
And some decided it was a good time to strike out on their own.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top