Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2003 5:29:21 PM EDT
I finally had hte opportunity to shoot my new P228.  I am amazed.  The first shot double action was a little tight at first but I quickly got used to the feel.  The follow on shot really surprised me on how light the trigger pull is and how quick the trigger resets.  I was able to keep the rounds inside a 3 inch saure at 25 yards.  That is amazing to me for the first time shooting this pistol.  I think I found my new CCW.  I have been carrying a Taurus Millenium Titanium in 9mm.  It is smaill and very light.  The down side is it has an uncomfortable amount of recoil.  The SIG has a very acceptable amount of recoil and I was able to quickly get back on target for follow on shots.    
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The 228 is indeed a nice pistol.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The night sights finally faded on my 228 but it still looks new (1994)
The DA on mine is good, the SA let off is unreal!
Sounds like you are as happy as I am and we both "found" a great gun!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're considering it for your CCW, once the double isn't so tight after you break it in, you'll be sold.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got my p228 to. Loving the gun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I love mine too, I was freakin surprised how well it shot! Bought it used though, two 13 rounders, a holster, and 100 rounds. Cost was $200, meant as a loan to a buddy but he said forget it, and I kept the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top