Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 6:37:19 PM EDT
So, do you know how if you look at a picture of yourself you look kind of weird. Because you are used to looking at yourself in a mirror, so you are used to the backwards image of yourself.

Whenever I go here to the handguns side of ar15.com it always throws me off to see that backwards "lefthanded" SIG up at the top left of the screen. Anyone else notice?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I am left handed, so it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That has been a topic of discussion since it was introduced.
I don't remember the answer as to why, but it's just like all the news broadcasts when they talk about a gun related story and show a handgun...reversed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, rudd. No offense intended towards lefties at all! If I were left-handed I would love to have the one pictured.

Also, sorry to have brought up a topic that has been beaten to death.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Now that you mention it, Hero, how hard would it be, with all the CNC and automated machinery to actually make a LH Sig?
If 20% (?) of the population is left handed, they would capture 100% of that market.
Oh well, it sounds good on paper...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
or you have to spend the $75= on a blank slide, and cut the ejection port yourself, and get a new safety.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never understood why mfgrs don't just go ahead and make all pistols fully ambidextrous.  Sure, there are several with ambidextrous magazine releases and safeties, but how hard would it be to go ahead and make the slide release ambidextrous also?  (I don't see much point to making the takedown lever ambi)

This came up for me last year when my wife became a permanent lefty shooter - she had to have the index and middle fingers of her right hand amputated back to the first joint.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
sorry to hear that, I hope she recovers from her injury.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top