Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 8:55:42 PM EDT
I'm used to shooting a 1911 and am wondering if the high slide catch on the sig is going to be a problem. I plan on getting a P239 for CCW. Will I have trouble with riding the slide catch when switching from the 1911 to the sig?

erik
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You might.

I’ve never had the problem myself, and I’ve been carrying SIG’s (though not P239’s) for nearly 20 years.

Still, it does seem to be a problem for some folks.

I don’t know about P239’s, but the double stack models like the P229 have a swell on the grip immediately below the slide stop to force the shooter’s thumb down and prevent this.

If you can, your best bet is to borrow or rent one first and see if it’s going to be an issue for you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Erik,

I had that problem of riding the slide release when I first got my P239.I switched out the grips to the Hogue ones with the finger grooves and never had that problem again.

Gary
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive never had a problem with hand positioning when switching between the 2 but if you do check out the houge grips its adds a little more meat to the grip.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone, I will deffinitely be looking into the hogue grips.

erik
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top