Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 5:00:52 PM EDT
So I'm cleaning my gun after a very satisfying shooting day. All is going well, only put a couple hundred rounds through it so cleaning is pretty easy. That's when I got myself into trouble...

I've had a set of Pachmayer grips on the gun almost since the day I bought it. The gun feels like an extension of my arm, just great grips...Except that they've always blocked\slowed down the decock lever. It has always worked perfectly, but it won't return to its resting place without me pushing it back up manually. I have lived with this for AT LEAST 15 years with no issue.

So what the hell would possess me to try and fix this "issue" now???

Anyway, I take the grips off, remove the decock lever and attempt a "modification"...and snapped the little bastard into 2 pieces!!!

Ok, I realize what an idiot I am for even trying this, but I must say that I did NOT whale on this thing with a hammer. I used a VERY small pair of needle nose pliers and a small screw driver. I was only trying to slightly open up the "U" that comes around the side of the grip. We're talking 5-10 thousandths, that's all it needed.

Alas, it appears that the decock lever is made of white metal, not steel like I originally thought...how nice for me.

I'm going to call Sigarms on Monday and be honest with them. What do you think my chances of a warranty repair are? Does Sigarms warranty cover "Dumbass"? I doubt it. Hopefully I can just buy the new part, install it and take out my anger on some paper at the range.

What a bitch.

Jon
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells should have your part, too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
INI, You were right brownells does have the part for $4.00.

Ikor, i agrre with that philosophy, but the grips are rubber.
I am going to try to shave off a little rubber once i get the new part...or I'll just leave the damn thing alone....

Thanks for the help guys,

Jon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top