Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:45:53 PM EDT
I just recieved a couple new mags for my 239,and they are a matte finish instead of the polished blue.I like the old finish better,did Sig change the finish of all there mags across the board?Does anyone else like the old finish better?My Milt sparks mag carrier fits my old mags like a glove, but these new mags are much harder to insert and remove due to the rough finish.Probably dos'nt matter once they get broke in,just wondering what everyone else thought.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:29:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By roadrash:
I just recieved a couple new mags for my 239,and they are a matte finish instead of the polished blue.I like the old finish better,did Sig change the finish of all there mags across the board?Does anyone else like the old finish better?My Milt sparks mag carrier fits my old mags like a glove, but these new mags are much harder to insert and remove due to the rough finish.Probably dos'nt matter once they get broke in,just wondering what everyone else thought.

I don't believe that they changed the finish across the board. We get all of our Sig magazines directly from the factory and some come in phosphate and others blued. What I don't know is how long any of these sit on the shelves at Sig, so it is possible that a change was made. I can't think of why they are using two different finishes from the same manufacturer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:55:27 PM EDT
I have the original 239 mags from when the 239 first came out and they are phosphated.
Top Top