Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 10:54:57 AM EDT
Do all new Sigs come with the rail? As a proud owner of a 220 for 15 years, a 239, and now a 228 as of yesterday, I guess i'm just a purist but it apperas in the website catalog you get a rail wheter you want it or not. To each his own, I just don't care for the rails on most handguns. I realize that in some situations it is desirable, but I would think that this would be a choice, and not the only way to get a new pistol. It seems SIG has some people making decisions that aren't too bright sometimes seeing how they dropped the 225 a few years back, no more 228 imports, dropping the 245 (the grip WAS too small for me) etc. I dont think the 220 Carry will be so great of a success; in my experience for concelability the grip frame was more of an issue than was barrel/slide length. Flame suit ON.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:03:38 PM EDT
When I look at the website, I see them available withor without rails.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:09:02 PM EDT
There are a couple on the site w/o rail but most have them now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:11:27 PM EDT
The only 220 I see without the rail is the Custom shop model. What exctly is the SAO model? Under product details is says nothing, I did look up the German site and I see that the 225 is still made there since I posted initially.
Top Top