Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 8:14:19 PM EDT
My father and I made a trip to the range today. We were shooting the AR, berreta 9mm, and his sig 2340. His sig has close to 2000 rounds throught it and has never malfuctioned. today he was using some new ammo(up till now has just used rem. UMC cheap shit for range and corbon for self defense/duty rounds). the ammo he was using today was winchester hollow points from dicks sporting goods. The gun seemed to have a hard time cycling it. Anyone else have this problem? He wasnt to happy about it. All are guns are taken apart and clean after EVERY range trip, wheather it be 100 rounds or 1000 rounds. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm gonna try shooting some winchester 180gr jhp tomorrow at the range in my 226 .40s&w.  will let you know how that goes if i have any problems.

i usually clean/fieldstrip after every trip to the range (usually 100-200 rounds per trip).
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup thats the same with him, usually 100-200 rounds per trip and striped and cleaned every time. let me know if you have any problems. I wonder if it was a bad batch.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
“hard time cycling” is kinda vague.

Anyway, try a different band of ammo first.  If the problem continues, then look at the pistol (starting with swapping out magazines).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top