Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 2:45:29 PM EDT
I want to get back into IDPA but heard through that the P226 now "weighed too much". I've emailed the local club but haven't heard back.

TIA,

wganz

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
News to me.  But IDPA has gotten a bit squirrelly on rules in the last couple of years.

If a 226 weighs to much then all the 1911's are done for as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
News to me.  But IDPA has gotten a bit squirrelly on rules in the last couple of years.

If a 226 weighs to much then all the 1911's are done for as well.

that is what my son also said, but again, stupidier things have happened
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It is things like this that made me get out of IDPA--I think that it is a great game, but the rules (to me) are getting out of hand--anyway if you got to the rule book www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf you will find that the max. weight for SSP is 39oz. Then if you go to Sig's page for the standard 226 www.sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=7&productid=89#specs you will find that it IS legal, but the stainless 226 is NOT legal www.sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=7&productid=91#specs

So if I like the perceived durability of a stainless gun, or get one as a gift, then I can't play. just to much bull shit. I thought that this was about shooting what you carry. Again this is why I no longer play the IDPA game.
Please don't flame, I am not starting the IPSC vs IDPA thing, just my .02
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The Sig 226r will not go into the SSP class due to the weight.  The standard P226 will still go into the SSP class.  The 226r will have to be shot in the ESP class and yes it is IDPA approved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top