Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 1:01:40 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone knows if these mags fit flush in the P220? I see on their website that they have the 10 round mags. P220 (10) Round .45ACP Magazine I know the 7 and 8 fit flush and even though just eyeballing the height of the 10 round would suggest that it would have to stick out of the bottom I wanted to double check. My main reason for asking is that I also see that they have a P220 Carry now and thought that would be an awesome carry gun especially if I could have a 10+1 capacity as opposed to the 8+1.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking at that pic, it doesnt look like it will fit flush.  I have seen the 10rd mags made by ProMag that have an extension on the bottom of the mag to make it fit flush.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They stick out.  Looks like the .45 version of a SWAT mag.  Promags are complete junk, avoid them with extreme prejudice.  I'd stick with the flush 8's with one in the pipe and still have the relative concealability.  The grip on the P220C is just as long as a P220, it won't be the easist CCW gun, but it will be one of the easiest semi compact .45's to shoot well.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looking at that pic, it doesnt look like it will fit flush.  I have seen the 10rd mags made by ProMag that have an extension on the bottom of the mag to make it fit flush.

I ordered some of those to check it out. The extension slides off and believe it or not the two 10rd Pro mags I have work better yes better than my Novaks or factory mag. They all feed OK but the pro mags are the only ones that lock the slide back every time. I never would have thought it but its true. They are also only $15. The extension is ugly looking and no I do not normaly use Pro mag magazines and I do not normaly recomend them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ordered some of those to check it out. The extension slides off and believe it or not the two 10rd Pro mags I have work better yes better than my Novaks or factory mag. They all feed OK but the pro mags are the only ones that lock the slide back every time. I never would have thought it but its true. They are also only $15. The extension is ugly looking and no I do not normaly use Pro mag magazines and I do not normaly recomend them.

ProMags better than factory or Novaks?  Say it isn't so.  What kind of ammo where you using?  When you say they feed OK, what went wrong with them?  Also, do factory/Novak mags normally don't lock the slide back?  My factory mags lock my slide back.  Havent tried the Novaks yet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]
It is my first Sig so I do not know if they normaly do or not lock the slide back. The factory mags and Novacks fed 100% I had no jams with any f the mags but my 10rd promags locked the slide back where my Novaks did not. I am sure this can be fixed whan I get the chance and I am not concerned about it. I just know every thing went like it should with the ProMags and it did not with my factory or novaks. I am going to get some more Novaks though and I think Novaks are a better deal than the factory. I think for $15 though it is worth a couple 10rd promags. Just my opinion. I normaly will not buy Promag and still will not for my doublestack hicap stuff.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
My Novaks lock back everytime.... I love the Novaks they are cheap and they are excellent mags.
drew5337 recommended them to me and all I have to say to him is THANK YOU. he also recommended topgunsupply for retailer, excellent shipping and prices.

Carter.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It is my first Sig so I do not know if they normaly do or not lock the slide back. The factory mags and Novacks fed 100% I had no jams with any f the mags but my 10rd promags locked the slide back where my Novaks did not. I am sure this can be fixed whan I get the chance and I am not concerned about it. I just know every thing went like it should with the ProMags and it did not with my factory or novaks. I am going to get some more Novaks though and I think Novaks are a better deal than the factory. I think for $15 though it is worth a couple 10rd promags. Just my opinion. I normaly will not buy Promag and still will not for my doublestack hicap stuff.

Thanks for the update.  Sounds like ProMag is ok in the single stack configuration.  If I come across a 10rd mag for the P220 real cheap, I will give it a try.  Agree with you on the Novaks/ACT mags.  Excellent mags at non-factory prices.  Plus you get an extra round capacity too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:55:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I took my 220 out for a spin yesterday and all the mags locked the slide back properly so it may have just needed breaking in. I got the pistol used but it looked newer than a new one that another store had and had less marks and stuff on it so I am not sure what the deal was. I know $499 is a lot better than $799 though. Its a 220ST. Just for the Record I would not buy a 1911 promag either even though they are single stack. They just happen to work good in my pistol and I am going to try the 10rder for my P345 also. The Novaks are what I would recomend the most.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#10]

The only failure my 220 has had was while using a 10rd Pro-mag. It wouldn't feed the first two rounds in the magazine.

It has fired 1,000 + rounds since with ZERO malfunctions
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My Novaks lock back everytime.... I love the Novaks they are cheap and they are excellent mags.
drew5337 recommended them to me and all I have to say to him is THANK YOU. he also recommended topgunsupply for retailer, excellent shipping and prices.

Carter.

Wow, you mean people read all the shit I post in here?    Glad your Sig is treating you right.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The only failure my 220 has had was while using a 10rd Pro-mag. It wouldn't feed the first two rounds in the magazine.

Have you used the promag anymore or did you scrap it?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you used the promag anymore or did you scrap it?

I scrapped it as far as not using it anymore. It kept nosediving the first two rounds.

I gave it three chances, failed three times
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Bummer. I would have got rid of it to. There is nothing more frustrating than a iffy mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top