Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 2:35:58 PM EDT
I've always had good service from SIGARMS - when I had a defective extractor in my 220ST, and a defective decocker in my 239, they sent me the parts within 2 days of my promptly answered telephone call.

Just recently I acquired a 226 9mm CPO pistol. It would not eject reliably, and inspection revealed that the recoil spring was, in fact, a 40/357 model.

I called SIGARMS 2 days running. Each time the recorded message promised that someone would call me back promptly.

After not hearing from them I decided to write a letter. Over 2 weeks later I have heard nothing.

Anyone else had similar experiences recently ?

I wonder if they are concentrating on LE and military sales and service atthe expense of expendable Joe Public.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe their customer service dept has turned into a customer complaint dept. I've been going around with them since Dec. with no end in sight. In my case if they were honest up front,( Instead of always saying next week, and just say in a few months) I would have more respect for them.

Chief
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've always had good service from SIGARMS - when I had a defective extractor in my 220ST, and a defective decocker in my 239, they sent me the parts within 2 days of my promptly answered telephone call.

Just recently I acquired a 226 9mm CPO pistol. It would not eject reliably, and inspection revealed that the recoil spring was, in fact, a 40/357 model.

I called SIGARMS 2 days running. Each time the recorded message promised that someone would call me back promptly.

After not hearing from them I decided to write a letter. Over 2 weeks later I have heard nothing.

Anyone else had similar experiences recently ?

I wonder if they are concentrating on LE and military sales and service atthe expense of expendable Joe Public.

I felt the same thing. Cept it was for my New 228 that was made June 05. I called the 800 number on the tag that came with the gun- you know the customer satisfaction one. Left 2 messages and no one called me back. I was missing a manual and the gun had finish removed from the front sight.  Called the regular phone number and finally talked to a person. He said he would send it out right away. As for the finish missing..just to use a sharpie on it. 2 weeks pass and no manual. So I called again and person looked it up and says no one ordered one for me. Huh? THis is my first Sig too and it did not make a great impression on me. As for H&K tho alot of people bitch about them I never had a problem with them. Called and need something - bam I get it.  It took 4 calls to get a manual that shoulda came with the gun! To Hell and Back customer service.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I'm not alone. I've always had great service from S&W, and their new M&P is getting great reviews, so I may just run with one of those
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Within the last couple of months Sig has had a complete IT overhaul.  Its caused a ton of glitches in CS and order fulfilment.  I waited a month to get a solid guide rod for my P229 because of this.  My advice is to make sure you call the 603 area code number, stay on hold til you talk to a person (shouldn't take more than 4-5 minutes), and get that persons name, just in case.  They have always gone out of there way to help when I get a real person on the phone.  Sig is definetly not ignoring civvie sales just because of .gov contracts, evidence being all the CCW oriented pistols just released and the 556 rifle to come out this summer.  They are having some growing pains.  Keep at them, you will get taken care of.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on drew5337's post.  Until Sigarms get's their IT systems upgrade sorted it will be painful for all involved.  I would guess it will be months until they have everything back to their old standards.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Never a problem with them, have never needed them.
My SIGs are like the energizer bunny..........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I must confess that I do prefer my SIGs to any other gun. I hope their IT problems are resolved soon
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]

They just switched to a new billing system, so I got a second bill for parts I already paid for.

I had to wait for 25 mins, and started off with 8 calls ahead of me.    If you're willing to run up the phone bill, you'll get through to them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top