Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:23:25 PM EDT
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Sig P229R DAK that I will use as my carry weapon and would like to use .357 for defensive purposes, but .40 to practice with since it's a lot cheaper.  Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy a .40 or .357 barrel for a 229?

Should I buy a 229R DAK in .40 and then get a .357 barrel for it, or buy the gun in .40 and then get a .357sig barrel for it?  Which barrel is more readily available?

Also, if anyone here is willing to sell their used 229 .40 or .357 barrel for a reasonable price, I am definitely interested, please contact me.

I've quickly learned that Sig's and tight budgets aren't a good combination .

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Here

And Here

James from the first site and John from the second site are both top notch guys that you can trust. I bought my 229R DAK from John and he was really nice to work with. Talk to him or Stickman they will hook you up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here

And Here

James from the first site and John from the second site are both top notch guys that you can trust. I bought my 229R DAK from John and he was really nice to work with. Talk to him or Stickman they will hook you up.

Thanks, I just sent an e-mail out to both companies.

Stickman owns the store in the second link?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]
If you don't have any luck with those fine vendors, we have them in stock. $149.95

Tom
www.topgunsupply.com
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a lot for the replies.  I ended up buying a used .357 Sig barrel from NWTactical.net for $129 shipped.  

They're not listed on the NWTactical.net though, so you have to either call or e-mail.  

John was great to deal with
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Sig P229R DAK that I will use as my carry weapon and would like to use .357 for defensive purposes, but .40 to practice with since it's a lot cheaper.  Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy a .40 or .357 barrel for a 229?

Should I buy a 229R DAK in .40 and then get a .357 barrel for it, or buy the gun in .40 and then get a .357sig barrel for it?  Which barrel is more readily available?

Also, if anyone here is willing to sell their used 229 .40 or .357 barrel for a reasonable price, I am definitely interested, please contact me.

I've quickly learned that Sig's and tight budgets aren't a good combination hanks

I have topint out that your post doesnt make sence...   read it one more time, but I get the idea... anyway I am also looking for a 357 sig barrel, exteneded and ported or threaded.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:14:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've quickly learned that Sig's and tight budgets aren't a good combination .

Thanks

I have topint out that your post doesnt make sence...   read it one more time, but I get the idea... anyway I am also looking for a 357 sig barrel, exteneded and ported or threaded.

It made perfect sense, but either way I already bought one so it's a moot now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
What didnt make sence was you stated the some thing twice, sounded like you meant it the other way. anyway what did you end up picking up and how much?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top