Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 8:15:20 PM EDT
I purchased a 229 .40 as my first Sig and found it to be the best handgun I've ever owned or shot, but I have always had a preference to stainless so finally purchased the 229ST "my perfect gun" LaserMax installed and soon to have wooden grips (such as Nill). It took me many years and countless handguns before I finally felt perfectly matched with this one.

Just wanted to brag a little since before this gun I have always felt "something" was missing with every other gun I've owned (owned many over the years), now for  the first time I am totally satisfied with what I have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/allen268/DSCN0128.jpg
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
F'ing nice man.  I just got a P229 also, and so far love it.  I got CTC Lasergrips for mine, since I will be changing calibers often, I wanted the ability to adjust the point of aim with the laser.  I so wish that P226 and P220 ST models didn't have to come with a rail....  BTW, get that whole pistol finished in brushed hard chrome, how sweet would that be?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.  That's what I want to get as my next handgun, although I'd prefer it in 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent! The 229 is my favortie Sig.. But I still need to get an ST..
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good. I would leave the grips as is if it were me though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, that is just sweet.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It was a limited run, but rumor has it (according to a Sig rep) that they are working on producing a lighter version of the 229ST. It is however still listed in thier webpage so I have a feeling it will be offered again either in its current form or a newer lighter version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top