Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 7:50:48 PM EDT
I am considering a Sig 232 in stainless for personal carry. I wanted to know a few things though

I have average/large size hands, will the grip still be comfortable?
What is the barrel material, Stainless? It looks stainless....any owners know for sure?
How accurate is the little bugger, can i plink with it and expect to hit milk jugs offhand at 25 yds?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I can hit coke cans with mine offhand at 10/15 yards.  The barrel is standard steel, not stainless.  As far as hand fit goes youll just have to try one out.  Mine has the Houge grips and fits my small hands fine.  My stepson has large hands and he hasnt complained about the grip when hes shot it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am considering a Sig 232 in stainless for personal carry. I wanted to know a few things though

I have average/large size hands, will the grip still be comfortable?
What is the barrel material, Stainless? It looks stainless....any owners know for sure?
How accurate is the little bugger, can i plink with it and expect to hit milk jugs offhand at 25 yds?

The 232 is a very nice .380 ACP pistol.  In stainless it is a beautiful work of art.  Absolutely very accurate and a great shooting gun.  You can expect to shoot as well as you are able with the gun.  Milk jugs at 25 yrds not a problem if you can hit a milk jug with any other gun at 25 yrds.

The barrel IS stainless (in mine) and the gun is completely made in Germany.  The grip is fine for medium to large hands.  The slide just misses my right thumb knuckle.  Close but not a problem as I've never been bitten.

However, in stainless it is heavy as a brick.  Also the recoil is very harsh.  I have had mine for about six years and love to shoot it.  Carrying IWB or OWB is fine but don't expect to put it in an ankel holster and be comfortable.  And unlike the P3AT it is not a pocket gun.

Nevis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top