Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 11:31:23 AM EDT
What is a good holster for CC for a P229?  I have read quite a few recommendations for the VM2 and it looks nice, especially with all the positive feedback.  I am wondering though if there are any others that people use and like.  I just would like to have some comparison.  I have looked around a little and the Galco skyop(sp?) looks like it might be a nice holster as well.  Anyways, before I ramble on too long, thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Desantis thumb break scabbard. I have also used their Cozy Partner for IWB. I buy mine here: http://www.magnumarms.com/html/desantis_catalog.html
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#2]
For good quality Kydex that will not cost a lot try Uncle Mikes.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]
VM2 IWB. I use one with my P239SAS.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
No other for me..
I use the VM2 with the 239 and 229. Don't forget the MS Belt!
The belt can make a big difference..
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Galco Fletch or Silhouette.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried quite a few and settled on two holsters that work.  Milt Sparks VM2 and Threat Solutions UCR.  Only problem with the UCR is that if the clips break, the holster is not repairable.

I am waiting on VM2s for my 228 and new 220R right now.  The 10-16 week lag time is agonizing, but the product is worth it in the end.

My $0.02 on belts. The Milt Sparks belts, and any others cut on a curved last, are comfy from day 1.  Some other belts are just as sturdy, but few fit good right away.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a VM2 that I really like.  A lot of guys I know like the Kydex holsters from Talon Tactical.  Mike Benedict is a great guy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I was going to ask why the belt was so important but scrum answered that in his post above (they are cut with a curve).  I remember reading about that.  Anyways, thanks for your input.  I'll check out the others that are suggested, but I think I will end up going with the VM2 since most of you guys still recommend it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Try Andrews Custom Leather out of Florida! Great leather,great holsters and great prices!

www.andrewsleather.com

teamroper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top