Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 12:51:08 PM EDT
First off from reading the posts it appears the 226 pistols from CDNN are awesome, is that a correct statment. What would it cost to get everything redone myself to restore any worn parts I MAY encounter. Basically to make it like a certified pre owed myself. And where would I get the parts.

Is CDNN also the best place to buy used SIGS?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend recently picked up a stamped slide 226 9mm from CDNN a few months ago.

For a tick over 400 (including transfer fee and shipping) he got a great pistol.  Still had the packing grease and looked like it hadn't been fired outside the factory.

I can't see how you can go wrong with CDNN and their trade-ins.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It seems like everyone is very satisfied with them so far. I take it the extra 20 for a hand select is worth it as well. I would like to get into sigs without breaking my wallet which seems like is real hard to do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had nothing but success with CDNN service.  Great prices and the guns are as advertised. Hand select......... if you want a little nicer, but they are meant to be used so pretty didn't matter.

New 226 is around $840 list.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Not everyone has had a great experience with a police trade in from CDNN.  I got a P226 trade in with night sights and it was the worst shooting pistol I own.  10-12” high at 25 yards.  At least it shoots nice tight groups.  After buying a sight set from CDNN and a MGW sight tool I finally have it shooting good (extra $110).  If I had to do it over again I would have gotten a CPO, or if I were going to buy one now I would get one of the “new -w- slight blemishes” for $499.  Not saying that all trade ins are bad.  Many have had great experiences.  Just letting you know of one bad experience.  BTW I have nothing against CDNN.  They area great company and I will continue to buy guns and mags from them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you have one of the only negative posts I have heard about it so far. The question is it seems to be the luck of the draw with what you get. I mean you may get a gun that hasnt been shot alot or you may get sombodys range gun that the shoot the hell out of. I guess im just wondering what I would need to replace in the above scenario happened.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
      My 226 is over 19 years old, being made in 1986.  It has the serial # on slide, frame, and barrel and is marked Made in W. Germany.  It still has all the original parts (barrel, recoil spring, etc.) the only things that were replaced- sig lites were dead and the grips were hogue rubber, but they were replaced with new sig lites and factory grips.  Shoots to point of aim at 25 yds. (1- 1 1/2 in groups) even with cheap Blazer ammo, really tight groups with premium ammo.

Absolute tack driver, it quickly became my primary weapon for duty and concealed carry.  I have cut my highest qualification scores in 16 years with this pistol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
      My 226 is over 19 years old, being made in 1986.  It has the serial # on slide, frame, and barrel and is marked Made in W. Germany.  It still has all the original parts (barrel, recoil spring, etc.) the only things that were replaced- sig lites were dead and the grips were hogue rubber, but they were replaced with new sig lites and factory grips.  Shoots to point of aim at 25 yds. (1- 1 1/2 in groups) even with cheap Blazer ammo, really tight groups with premium ammo.

Absolute tack driver, it quickly became my primary weapon for duty and concealed carry.  I have cut my highest qualification scores in 16 years with this pistol.

That is awesome! I really love what I hear about the SIG. Do any of the SIGs come with adjustable sights and if not how do you adjust them?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought one at the last gunshow from an individual for $380. Marked W. Germany, slide painted by somebody and needs a better job. Shoots GREAT! Sig refurbished mags are $15 locally. And to think I was looking for a Grock!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Adjustable aftermarket sights are out there, to adjust the factort sights you will need a sight tool, which brownells carries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top