Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:51:08 PM EDT
First off from reading the posts it appears the 226 pistols from CDNN are awesome, is that a correct statment. What would it cost to get everything redone myself to restore any worn parts I MAY encounter. Basically to make it like a certified pre owed myself. And where would I get the parts.

Is CDNN also the best place to buy used SIGS?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:59:37 PM EDT
A friend recently picked up a stamped slide 226 9mm from CDNN a few months ago.

For a tick over 400 (including transfer fee and shipping) he got a great pistol. Still had the packing grease and looked like it hadn't been fired outside the factory.

I can't see how you can go wrong with CDNN and their trade-ins.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:06:16 PM EDT
It seems like everyone is very satisfied with them so far. I take it the extra 20 for a hand select is worth it as well. I would like to get into sigs without breaking my wallet which seems like is real hard to do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:04:43 PM EDT
I've had nothing but success with CDNN service. Great prices and the guns are as advertised. Hand select......... if you want a little nicer, but they are meant to be used so pretty didn't matter.

New 226 is around $840 list.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:03:50 PM EDT
Not everyone has had a great experience with a police trade in from CDNN. I got a P226 trade in with night sights and it was the worst shooting pistol I own. 10-12” high at 25 yards. At least it shoots nice tight groups. After buying a sight set from CDNN and a MGW sight tool I finally have it shooting good (extra $110). If I had to do it over again I would have gotten a CPO, or if I were going to buy one now I would get one of the “new -w- slight blemishes” for $499. Not saying that all trade ins are bad. Many have had great experiences. Just letting you know of one bad experience. BTW I have nothing against CDNN. They area great company and I will continue to buy guns and mags from them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:32:19 PM EDT
I think you have one of the only negative posts I have heard about it so far. The question is it seems to be the luck of the draw with what you get. I mean you may get a gun that hasnt been shot alot or you may get sombodys range gun that the shoot the hell out of. I guess im just wondering what I would need to replace in the above scenario happened.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 3:20:07 PM EDT by Pointman_M4A1]
My 226 is over 19 years old, being made in 1986. It has the serial # on slide, frame, and barrel and is marked Made in W. Germany. It still has all the original parts (barrel, recoil spring, etc.) the only things that were replaced- sig lites were dead and the grips were hogue rubber, but they were replaced with new sig lites and factory grips. Shoots to point of aim at 25 yds. (1- 1 1/2 in groups) even with cheap Blazer ammo, really tight groups with premium ammo.

Absolute tack driver, it quickly became my primary weapon for duty and concealed carry. I have cut my highest qualification scores in 16 years with this pistol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:43:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pointman_M4A1:
My 226 is over 19 years old, being made in 1986. It has the serial # on slide, frame, and barrel and is marked Made in W. Germany. It still has all the original parts (barrel, recoil spring, etc.) the only things that were replaced- sig lites were dead and the grips were hogue rubber, but they were replaced with new sig lites and factory grips. Shoots to point of aim at 25 yds. (1- 1 1/2 in groups) even with cheap Blazer ammo, really tight groups with premium ammo.

Absolute tack driver, it quickly became my primary weapon for duty and concealed carry. I have cut my highest qualification scores in 16 years with this pistol.

That is awesome! I really love what I hear about the SIG. Do any of the SIGs come with adjustable sights and if not how do you adjust them?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:44:39 AM EDT
I bought one at the last gunshow from an individual for $380. Marked W. Germany, slide painted by somebody and needs a better job. Shoots GREAT! Sig refurbished mags are $15 locally. And to think I was looking for a Grock!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:38 AM EDT
Adjustable aftermarket sights are out there, to adjust the factort sights you will need a sight tool, which brownells carries.
Top Top