Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 5:28:32 AM EDT
I've been mostly a 1911 shooter and I'm just now getting into DA pistols.  I'll probably get a 229 or 239.  

My question is this: Does anyone have any complaints about the DAK trigger system?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I like Sig DA/SA triggers. But I have felt a 239 DAK and shot a 229 DAK. IMO it was Very Smooth, nice break but a little long pull. IMO if you like/want a DA trigger, the DAK is Great!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've been mostly a 1911 shooter and I'm just now getting into DA pistols.  I'll probably get a 229 or 239.  

My question is this: Does anyone have any complaints about the DAK trigger system?

Oh boy, if you're a 1911 shooter I think you'll hate the DAK trigger. Its smooth as butter but the trigger reset is VERY long. Its like a DAO revolver, where the trigger has to go all the way forward before it engages. But it is a sweet ride though, dont get me wrong and it is much better that a traditional double-action SIG.

But you being a 1911 shooter will probably not like it much. 1911 triggers, in my opinion are perhaps the best type to have in a gun-fight.....fast, short and precise.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys.  Ok, I guess I'll just have to wait on a gunshow to "feel one out," instead of ordering one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it sucks. as someone else said, the reset is way too long.

I got the SAS 229, and I love the pistol except for the trigger, so I'm going to sell it. I'll stick with my traditional Sigs.
At least until I can afford one of the X5s.....  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
JMCSETZ, my department has issued all of us the Sig P226 DAK; having starting the LEO business with a wheel-gun, IMHO, the DAK is the closest an auto pistol comes to a revolver's trigger pull.

I'm a fan of the 1911 and enjoy the crisp, short pull of a well set-up 1911, but I think the DAK has its place in policing because it has the same trigger pull every time.  It's my opinion that not all police officers are avid shooters and some of them could possibly get the SA/DA confused in a baptism of fire.

Try it, I think you'll like it!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I'm going to pick up a 239 SAS with DAK this weekend.  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I just wanted to update this string that I started a  week or so ago.  I bought a 229R with the DAK this past weekend and I must say I like the trigger.  It obviously has a longer pull and reset than the 1911s with match triggers that I have but it is crisp and consistent.  

To anyone out there thinking of picking up a new Sig with the DAK system, go for it.  Its nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top