Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 5:52:51 PM EDT
I'm very interested in buying a Sig for CCW purposes because I've heard they are excellent guns.  However, Sigarms website is not very informative.  

Can someone tell me the difference in frame composition between the 228/229/239?  

Also, to those current owners, how is the reliability on these?  Im looking for something somewhat small, that can chew up whatever ammo I put in it and "drill nails" at 25 yards.....any recommendations.  Im looking to spend around $800

gracias

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
228 chambered in 9mm only w/ stamped nonstainless slide.

229 chamberd in 9mm, .40 & .357SIG w/ stainless milled slide.

239 same as 229 only its a single stack magazine.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Psssst....look through the Sig forum here.  Even look back a few pages.  You'll find the differences discussed in other threads within minutes, I promise.

For example
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked around a little and gleaned some of the info from previous threads.... I was just looking for something definitive.

anybody shooting the 229 Homeland Security Pistol?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top