Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 9:51:02 AM EDT
Any recommendations? Where to buy, which model, etc.  I would like some variant of the P226.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any recommendations? Where to buy,CDNN trade in sigs shipped to your local dealer, or at least a Sig CPO refurb which modelWell you said 226 so, a 226 in 9mm with factory NS's, etc.  I would like some variant of the P226.

9mm 226 is a great beginning Sig, 9mm is cheap which means more shooting for the dollar, light recoil in a full framed pistol, CDNN cop trade-ins can be had for under 450$. If you have smaller hands then go with the 228 in 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
You did not state the purpose of the gun... Defense, carry, practice ?

For practice I use low cost 9mm in a 226 Stainless (226ST or Sport Stock). That is not to say 9mm could not be used for defense..but for defense I prefer a .40.
For carry, although large, the p226 alloy frame would be lighter and so easier to carry.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You did not state the purpose of the gun... Defense, carry, practice ?

For practice I use low cost 9mm in a 226 Stainless (226ST or Sport Stock). That is not to say 9mm could not be used for defense..but for defense I prefer a .40.
For carry, although large, the p226 alloy frame would be lighter and so easier to carry.

The 226 is an excellent weapon, as is the 226ST. If you are looking for a "do-it-all" gun, it's the way to go. Nine millimeter and .40cal ammo is not too different in price. Here, Wal-Mart sells 100 round boxes for $11 for 9mm and $16 for .40. I know I'll catch hell for this, but it's probably six of one and half-dozen of the other for you.

The ST's are heavy guns, but not so heavy that you need a wheelbarrow to carry it. My 220ST rides on my hip from time to time, that or the 1911 that weighs an ounce more. It's no big deal. The alloy framed ones will probably not last as long as the steel frames (ST's), but unless you shoot something like a hundred thousand rounds of ammo, you'll probably never know that.

I may also get hammered for this, but hit up James at OrdnanceOutsellers and tell him what you want. He's good people, and he'll hook you up. He's got 226's in stock right now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
CDNN Invesments
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top