Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 12:51:15 PM EDT
I just picked up a P220 in 38 Super and am wondering if anyone has any infor about these pistols or have any first hand experience with them as far as reliability etc..... thanks to all who respond.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Euro Mag release or american magazine release.  I have the 220-9-EU and love it.  Yesterday I spent sometime at the range with it and I am always amazed at how well it shoots.   Mine has been as reliable as my other Sigs, depending on what year it was produced you could call up SigArms and they should be able to tell you a little bit about your pistol.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
American mag release.  Date coded KE/94...new unfired in box.  Came with 2 factory 9rd mags and I bought another 3 factory 9rd mags for a total of 5 mags.  

Took it to the range today and put 150rds wwb 130gr fmj, 50rds 125gr wsthp, 20rds 115gr cor-bon hp, 20rds 125gr cor-bon hp through it w/o a single problem.  I noticed that it was alot more accurate with the winchester 125gr sthp.  I am very happy with this pistol....now I need to get a few more factory mags to keep around for the future!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#4]
milcop512,

At one time Cheaper Than Dirt had some P220 38 Super mags (American mag release).  But that was some time ago.... a few months ago, the still had some, but I just checked right before posting.....NADA.  Good thing I picked some up a few years ago....

I have 2 P220's in 38 Super.  One I actually found here being advertised.  The second was found by a dealer buddy at a gun auction (I was w/ him when he was looking over the stuff the night before the auction....saw the P220 and I drooled..... Didn't say anything to him...but the following Tuesday, I dropped by to see what he picked up and saw that he had it!  It promptly came home......)

Might I ask how much your P220 38 Super ran?  

eta-
I've shot mainly ball, 130gr.  Nothing fails to feed nor eject.  Tried some 125 silver tips and the fed fine.  (Toyed w/ the idea of carring both of them at the same time....LOL)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top