Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 10:59:17 AM EDT
I have been thinking about buying a new 226 for about the last six months but have been weighing wether or not I should buy CPO or new.  Then I heard about the Sig overrun for the Navy that resulted in the same pistols delivered to the SEALs being available to civilians.  I thought if a new 226 would go for $650 - $750 then why not pay an extra $50.00 bucks and get the real thing.

Does anyone know much about these guns?  Are the differences worth the stretch, such as corrosion resistant internals, etc.?  Should I just get a CPO for $400.00?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
CPO all the way.  Love mine for 475.  Looks like new.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
How often do you plan on swimming with your pistol?

Me, I've never done it.  Don't plan on ever doing it.  

The "Navy" SIG thing just smells like so much marketing to me.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The "contract overrun" P226 should come with 3 phosphate coated high cap mags.

I think the internals are just parkerized, so I'm not sure how "corrosion resistant" they really are.

I used to have a NSW P226 (commemorative from last year) and it was pretty nice, but I don't think it was really any better than a standard P226.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
i love mine. i think they are.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The "contract overrun" P226 should come with 3 phosphate coated high cap mags.

I think the internals are just parkerized, so I'm not sure how "corrosion resistant" they really are.

I used to have a NSW P226 (commemorative from last year) and it was pretty nice, but I don't think it was really any better than a standard P226.

It is really cool that $50 went to the Special Operation Warriors Foundation though.  I got one too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top