Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/26/2005 8:08:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 11:57:35 PM EDT
I've had the same problem actually. I've found great duty holsters for when I work and show my gun to the world but I'm a little worried about off duty carry so I'm getting one custom made by a leather smith at the local gun shop. It costs a little bit more but this way you get what you want.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 3:26:22 AM EDT
While I’m no great fan of DeSantis holsters, for the price they aren’t bad. They have some high ride holsters for the P229R that might be what you want.

If you’re looking for a thumbsnap type, I assume that’ll also be an issue with the DAK.

If you want kydex, Comp-Tac will make you one with a moveable belt loop or paddle that might give you what you want. Or they’ll make you a couple of other styles to include an inside-the-pants one if you prefer. www.comp-tac.com

FWIW, I personally do not like Comp-Tac's mag carriers for P229 mags (40 or .357) since the mags have a bizarre taper that causes them to want to pop out of the short carrier.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 4:29:08 PM EDT
I have a Comp Tac paddle for my P229R. It holds the gun well and being a paddle it locks onto my belt really good. It has these two locking tabs that fit under the belt so your holster won't ride up when drawing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 5:59:08 PM EDT
I'd say a good IWB designed for the gun. A milt sparks versamax II is probably as good a choice as you can get. Only problem with IWB's is that suit pants (if tailored properly) don't work well with them. If you get the pants tailored to fit with the holster, you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 10:54:13 PM EDT
If your looking for a higher riding strong side holster that conceals well I recommend the Belt Scabbard in horsehide by Kramer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:17:03 AM EDT
Top Top