Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2002 10:08:41 PM EDT
any recommendations? i.e. location, preferred holsters? I'm considering the lower back area. i'm just interested in other sig owners experience with this. thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:18:55 PM EDT
I'd highly recomend carrying in an IWB holster about 4:00 behind your strong-side hip, if you're right-handed!

Several good holster manufacturers, and I would recomend, a Milt Sparks Executive companion (one of the most cofortable holsters I own), an Andrews Custom Leather IWB (Takes a while to deliver), an Alessi Talon Plus, or if you want a Kydex type holster, Blade-tech.

There are others out there, but I have experience with those. Give Galco a look, too. Designate a drawer somewhere, to start piling holsters in, until you find the one that's right for you1
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:23:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:17:43 AM EDT
I carry my 229 in a Blade Tech belt holster on my right hip. IWB is not comfortable for me either.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:10:45 AM EDT
I carried my P229 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special for several years. It was a very nice holster.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:03:59 PM EDT
thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:18:41 PM EDT
My 229 is my primary CCW. I recommend High Noon Holsters. I have 5 of their holsters and highly suggest the Slide Guard for OWB carry or the Down under for IWB. Excellent guy to do business with, and the guys at the Sig Forum swear by them..

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/home.html
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:05:43 AM EDT
I'd like to second the vote for High Noon Holsters. I carry my 226 IWB in a Mr. Softy from High Noon and it's very comfortable. You should also check out their Hidden Impact which is a tuckable version.

Another holster to consider is the Texas Heritage from Tucker Gunleather. It does a great job of holding the grip tucked in near the body and would be great for a 229.

Here's my 226 in the Mr. Softy.

This is the Texas Heritage.

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 11:50:04 PM EDT
ok. I just placed an order for a HighNoon black horsehide slide guard. pretty excited to check it out. as far a IWB goes, i want to call Milt Sparks and ask about leads time on an executive companion. I heard it was something crazy like 14weeks! thanks for everyones input, very helpful. i'll let you how the highnoon works out...

Top Top