Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've heard fully supported, but I can't remember where. Maybe one of the YT video reviews?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Curious how well supported the chamber is. I haven’t been able to find any info on that yet.

I've heard fully supported, but I can't remember where. Maybe one of the YT video reviews?

I was wrong, it's not fully supported. But more supported than a Glock. The Alaskan youtube crew goes into it here:
https://youtu.be/27CS-HlDwrk
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They still make the P220 Legion in 10mm.  I used to have a P220 Elite 10mm and the Legion is the same aside from the gray coating and the sights being not adjustable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about make more of the p220-10 elite. I want a all metal 10mm. Not another glock20 with sig printed on it.
A sig p320 in 10mm is probably nice too I guess.

They still make the P220 Legion in 10mm.  I used to have a P220 Elite 10mm and the Legion is the same aside from the gray coating and the sights being not adjustable.

I have the DA/SA 10mm Match Elite with the fixed Sig night sites. One of the early models.  

Aside from being a low capacity (8+1) boat-anchor, it’s been 100% reliable with all factory ammo as well as my near-max handloads. It’s an all-steel 10mm Tank with a great trigger and excellent accuracy.

Did I mention it weighs a ton?  Makes my non-rail 5” 1911s seem like fly-weights.

Had Sig built their line of P220 10mms on an all-steel, “sorta” double-stack frame like the .45acp P227’s (yielding, say, 11+1 or 12+1 capacity in 10mm),  that would’ve justified the boat-anchor weight.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:20:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I just picked one up at my local shop.   I'll get out to the range asap and do a quick 200 round break-in.  My recent M&P 10mm was a disaster and sold within a day.   I posted a "TURD" thread but I'm looking forward to a positive review if warranted.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was wrong, it's not fully supported. But more supported than a Glock. The Alaskan youtube crew goes into it here:
View Quote

Good video, thank you. I learned a few things. Made hot:

10MM????????SIG XTen Vs the WORLD?? | Putting ALL the Chamber Support CARDS on TABLE plus a JOKER ??
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have the DA/SA 10mm Match Elite with the fixed Sig night sites. One of the early models.  

Aside from being a low capacity (8+1) boat-anchor, it’s been 100% reliable with all factory ammo as well as my near-max handloads. It’s an all-steel 10mm Tank with a great trigger and excellent accuracy.

Did I mention it weighs a ton?  Makes my non-rail 5” 1911s seem like fly-weights.

Had Sig built their line of P220 10mms on an all-steel, “sorta” double-stack frame like the .45acp P227’s (yielding, say, 11+1 or 12+1 capacity in 10mm),  that would’ve justified the boat-anchor weight.
View Quote

Not going to lie I love the P220 10mm guns but yes the capacity limit at 8 with that weight makes it somewhat annoying.  Like you said they function very well, though, and the triggers are awesome.

My Legion is the SAO model.  Also the fixed sights I can tell you are much better than the adjustable ones.  The adjustable sights rattled a lot on the gun and were loose, and the edges were sharp and even cut my hands a couple time while racking it.  Don't have either of those problems with the fixed sights.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up mine. Looks good, will clean it after dinner and maybe a few shots.
I have a plate coming to mount a Holosun dot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Shot a box of Magtech 10-B today.
The grip fits my hand better than my 9mm X-5’s.
Loads easily with a Maglula.
Very pleasant to shoot. Looking forward to shooting it against my Glock 20 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great find with that video. That might steer me towards the M&P (well that and the much lower price tag). If S&W came out with a 5" 10mm, that would seem about perfect to me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
?? SIG XTEN???? 10mm HARDCAST ?? 220 gr. BUFFALO BORE ?? w/ special BONUS @ the END | M&P, Springfield

Edit: not sure if embed is working and I'm on my phone so here's the raw url:
https://youtu.be/S_lC61BeqqQ

Another video by him. He's been having trouble with bear loads (like buffalo bore 220gr) feeding incorrectly. They get bound up in the mags, though maybe after some break in they feed better. Not a good sign since that's a big reason why many of us want this thing, me included.

On the other hand, people in the comments say they have had no problems with the big heavy bear loads, so maybe he has bad mags. I'm glad I'm in the wait and see camp in any case.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_lC61BeqqQ

Edit: not sure if embed is working and I'm on my phone so here's the raw url:
https://youtu.be/S_lC61BeqqQ

Another video by him. He's been having trouble with bear loads (like buffalo bore 220gr) feeding incorrectly. They get bound up in the mags, though maybe after some break in they feed better. Not a good sign since that's a big reason why many of us want this thing, me included.

On the other hand, people in the comments say they have had no problems with the big heavy bear loads, so maybe he has bad mags. I'm glad I'm in the wait and see camp in any case.
View Quote

?? SIG XTEN???? 10mm HARDCAST ?? 220 gr. BUFFALO BORE ?? w/ special BONUS @ the END | M&P, Springfield

220 gr hardcast BB or UW 10mm loads have always proven to be a challenge in sone polymer frames 10mm handguns.  Go back years snd you’ll see oriole discussing this issue with G20s.

Personally, I would not be surprised if certain rriresentatives a 10mm polymer pistol design choke on 220s.  I don’t think it means the design is bad.  It means that individual owners need to a knoekrgr they may need to tweak their design.

Also, when random posters on the internet say their 10mm pistol runs 220s  “just fine” , I take it with a grain of salt.  Boutique 10mm heavy hardcast loads are expensive.  There’s a big difference between shooting 100 rounds of a load and say 10 rounds.  A lot of people only shoot a few rounds of pricey ammo, which may not give a statistically significant sample to verify function, and declare their guns runs it “100%!”
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Buhahahaha, found one today.
$829.99 befo tax.
Going to try it out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I had several feeding issues and one failure to extract with S&B FMJ.  

It ran blazer aluminum fine and no issues with Sig Vcrown.

You better be strong if you want to seat a full magazine and then rack it.  
I also had several issues when loading one in the chamber then seating a full magazine.
The slide dragged so heavily on the top round in the magazine that it didn’t have enough power to chamber a round.

The magazines will only reliably work with 14 rounds from my experience this weekend.  

I’ll be sticking with my G20 for open carry duty.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a box of s&b too so I'll take that as well as my hand loads.
Not unusual to have a stiff go of things with new magazines.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#14]
220 10mm please
(Says the guy who just ordered a g20 last week - first ten Millie)
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I fondled one at the LGS today. Very nice grip and love the straight trigger.

I want to wait for more reviews before I buy one. Still debating a Sig vs G20/40 vs 1911 in 10 mm.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
220 10mm please
(Says the guy who just ordered a g20 last week - first ten Millie)
View Quote

They make them order one up
https://www.sigsauer.com/p220-legion-10mm.html
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Ya no.

Sig has never been a "want" IMO or purchase
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

220 gr hardcast BB or UW 10mm loads have always proven to be a challenge in sone polymer frames 10mm handguns.  Go back years snd you’ll see oriole discussing this issue with G20s.

Personally, I would not be surprised if certain rriresentatives a 10mm polymer pistol design choke on 220s.  I don’t think it means the design is bad.  It means that individual owners need to a knoekrgr they may need to tweak their design.

Also, when random posters on the internet say their 10mm pistol runs 220s  “just fine” , I take it with a grain of salt.  Boutique 10mm heavy hardcast loads are expensive.  There’s a big difference between shooting 100 rounds of a load and say 10 rounds.  A lot of people only shoot a few rounds of pricey ammo, which may not give a statistically significant sample to verify function, and declare their guns runs it “100%!”
View Quote

lolololo
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:48:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

lolololo

good luck with sig
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

As I understand it the magazine springs were super tight when new and to get them full was a real challenge, which would jam the first couple rounds up against the slide really hard. The gun ran fine with the heavy stuff if the magazine was downloaded a little bit. And later the magazine springs broke in a bit and started running the heavy ammo better, not surprising. Those big flat nose bullets can be real finicky.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As I understand it the magazine springs were super tight when new and to get them full was a real challenge, which would jam the first couple rounds up against the slide really hard. The gun ran fine with the heavy stuff if the magazine was downloaded a little bit. And later the magazine springs broke in a bit and started running the heavy ammo better, not surprising. Those big flat nose bullets can be real finicky.
View Quote

I haven't seen any reports of the big heavy stuff running OK once the magazine springs broke in, just speculation that this _might_ happen. Do you remember where you saw it?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I haven't seen any reports of the big heavy stuff running OK once the magazine springs broke in, just speculation that this _might_ happen. Do you remember where you saw it?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure it was one of his follow up videos where he said the springs were loosening up and it it was "better", not that it was totally fixed. Though I was also watching a video by somebody else who was experiencing exactly the same thing with the magazine springs that were so tight he couldn't hardly cycle the slide on a magazine that had been jammed all the way full. So it might have been him.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it was one of his follow up videos where he said the springs were loosening up and it it was "better", not that it was totally fixed. Though I was also watching a video by somebody else who was experiencing exactly the same thing with the magazine springs that were so tight he couldn't hardly cycle the slide on a magazine that had been jammed all the way full. So it might have been him.
View Quote

Yeah, that happened, but he never went back and tried the 220+ grain hard cast stuff again after the mags loosened up AFAIK. Things did improve with the range ammo though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I understand the X10 is a totally unique gun. This is a picture of a compact grip module you can purchase to go with a 45ACP chassis in order to turn your full size 320 grip into a compact grip.  Is there any way to guess if Sig is going to introduce a similar compact grip module to go with the full size 10X.  I've been asking this question everywhere I can, I am hoping somebody has the answer. I have no idea what Sig tends to do and I'm trying to make a decision.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I understand the X10 is a totally unique gun. This is a picture of a compact grip module you can purchase to go with a 45ACP chassis in order to turn your full size 320 grip into a compact grip.  Is there any way to guess if Sig is going to introduce a similar compact grip module to go with the full size 10X.  I've been asking this question everywhere I can, I am hoping somebody has the answer. I have no idea what Sig tends to do and I'm trying to make a decision.
   https://www.sigsauer.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2f7933e2ff16f0ec074a16ab6b6195f2/g/m/gmcompact.jpg
View Quote

I would say it’s a fairly good bet Sig will introduce different sizes of the 10mm, IF the original X-Ten sells well and there’s demand for more compact versions. They’ll respond to the market, as most manufacturers usually do
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone have good part numbers and sources for adding a 45 conversion to the XTen? Slide Assembly, Magazines, ??? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does anyone have good part numbers and sources for adding a 45 conversion to the XTen? Slide Assembly, Magazines, ??? Thanks.
View Quote

There is no 45 conversion for the X-Ten available yet, either OEM or aftermarket. Sig stopped making the 45 P320 a few years ago
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There is no 45 conversion for the X-Ten available yet, either OEM or aftermarket. Sig stopped making the 45 P320 a few years ago
View Quote

I’ve seen a few of the 45 compact models new in stores within the last few months.  

They also still have them showing as in production on Sig’s webpage.  The model number is 320C-45-BSS.
That said, I can’t speak for any conversions.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’ve seen a few of the 45 compact models new in stores within the last few months.  

They also still have them showing as in production on Sig’s webpage.  The model number is 320C-45-BSS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. That seems to be the only 45 P320 that they’re still making and may have revived it from the dead, cause a few years ago they made an announcement that the 45 model was no more. I’m betting some LE agency wanted to continue buying them and that’s why they’re still making them.

@coregon can you comment?
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Interesting. That seems to be the only 45 P320 that they’re still making and may have revived it from the dead, cause a few years ago they made an announcement that the 45 model was no more. I’m betting some LE agency wanted to continue buying them and that’s why they’re still making them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was never meant to be a permanent "kill off".  Sometimes production capacity and schedules require changes.  Yes, the 320C-45-BSS model is a current production model.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hell yea, that’s awesome. Now do an AXG grip module, please. My G20.4 will be gooooone.
View Quote

I'm in this camp. Sorry Sig but you've spoiled me with the AXG frame and now I just can't get excited about a 320 without one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Will it be unreliable with hot ammo like the Glock? More importantly will it be drop safe?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Will it be unreliable with hot ammo like the Glock? More importantly will it be drop safe?
View Quote

"like glocks". I think a lot of them become finicky when you take a gun that has been designed to run everything including soft stuff, then start feeding it full power fat heavy bullets. I really wish we had a gun available that was designed from the ground up to manage very heavy stuff. It's practically 2 different cartridges comparing fat heavy stuff and round light stuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Holster option-

Weird, but works and is extremely secure.

T.Rex Arms RagnarokSD in a P320 XTEN with Romeo2 and X300U-B. Has QLS fork so I can swap it out on my belt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"like glocks". I think a lot of them become finicky when you take a gun that has been designed to run everything including soft stuff, then start feeding it full power fat heavy bullets. I really wish we had a gun available that was designed from the ground up to manage very heavy stuff. It's practically 2 different cartridges comparing fat heavy stuff and round light stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.  But imagine if you sold a 10mm that was designed to run hit 10mm and then choked on a wide variety of range ammo?  That would generate far more complaints.  

Most gun owners are really just collectors.  Snd cheap collectors at that.  They rarely shoot their guns, and when they do they shoot the cheapest ammo they can find.  

Plenty of the 10mm pistols sold will never see a round of Buffalo Bore or Underwood.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Will the XTen work with Safariland holsters designed for the XFive?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bump for the answer to this.

I haz 10mm naow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I haz 10mm naow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haz 10mm naow.

Again, another bump..

Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Icarus Precision testing their prototype X-Ten alloy grip module:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChXNfwyATjU/

Hopefully the final version has a more full-length railed dustcover
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Icarus Precision testing their prototype X-Ten alloy grip module:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChXNfwyATjU/

Hopefully the final version has a more full-length railed dustcover
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2022 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#41]
I picked one up.  Haven't been to range yet.  Ammo inbound from AM.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#42]
I gave this pistol another try today after a thorough cleaning and lube.

Ran 150 rounds without issue including fully loaded magazines with +1 in the chamber.  

I like it more now that it is working but I still prefer Glock 10mm.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#43]
3 mags ran flawless today. Nice shooting gun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone running their with just irons thus far? I swear mine shoots 4ish inches low at 25.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Shot mine today.

180 gr TMJ Underwood that I found in the barn ran flawless, as did some old Blazer steel .40. No problems with some good Underwood 180 and 200.

Kimber 10mm I also shot is a little less recoil and smoother, but like Sig better than my G20.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Big fan of this. Looking forward to some more info on this
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Mags are practically unobtainium unless you back order them from SIG . I back ordered 3 mags for my XTEN on 10 /16 and received them today 11/11 . Thought yall would like to know . My XTEN has also be great , very well worth selling my XDM 10mm Elite OSP and the $800 i paid for it .??????
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mags are practically unobtainium unless you back order them from SIG . I back ordered 3 mags for my XTEN on 10 /16 and received them today 11/11 . Thought yall would like to know . My XTEN has also be great , very well worth selling my XDM 10mm Elite OSP and the $800 i paid for it .??????
View Quote

How did you backorder them?
Did you call Sig?

I was on their notify when in stock subscription and it finally notified me Thursday night at about 9PM Central.

The mags will be here next week.

I also see they are now sold out again.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Just ordered a couple of SIG P320 xTen 15 round mags from Job Bob Outfitters, $44.95 each
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Outski of stock at bobbyjoes.
Missed the notification sig sent too.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top