[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like these?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33932/IMG_3267_jpeg-2285062.JPG

No charge if ya want em.

Check your IMs
View Quote

Shout out to Manji for the hook up! That’s why I love this community!
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Reworked mine a bit, new slide and PMM barrel/ comp. I'm diggin' it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You fuckin' people...

I had no desire for a P320.  I didn't even know what the AXG P320 was until I was bored and clicked on the 'show off your AXG grips' thread.  And completely impulsively, this thing somehow found its way into my GB cart.  It's all your fault, ARF.

Now I'm on the hunt for some take-off walnut AXG grips, as I really like the look of them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Reworked mine a bit, new slide and PMM barrel/ comp. I'm diggin' it!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33932/IMG_3393_jpeg-2311598.JPG
View Quote

What rear sight is that? @manji
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You fuckin' people...

I had no desire for a P320.  I didn't even know what the AXG P320 was until I was bored and clicked on the 'show off your AXG grips' thread.  And completely impulsively, this thing somehow found its way into my GB cart.  It's all your fault, ARF.

https://i.vgy.me/ctPkrb.jpg

Now I'm on the hunt for some take-off walnut AXG grips, as I really like the look of them.
View Quote

Welcome to the club!

Cp
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What rear sight is that? @manji
View Quote

@xCLAYBUSTERx

Night Fision

https://www.nightfision.com/product/night-fision-optics-ready-stealth-series-for-sig-sauer

The one on that build is the non-tritium rear at that link.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Cp
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Bought a P320 AXG because of this thread

This may take over as my new duty weapon if I like it as much as I think I will.

Now for my question… Can anyone point me in the direction of good, solid black suppressor height sights? Preferably with the lowest co-witness possible (think lower 1/4 co-witness). This would be in conjunction with a Holosun 508T and CHPWS filler plate.

Any links with heights etc would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bought a P320 AXG because of this thread

This may take over as my new duty weapon if I like it as much as I think I will.

Now for my question… Can anyone point me in the direction of good, solid black suppressor height sights? Preferably with the lowest co-witness possible (think lower 1/4 co-witness). This would be in conjunction with a Holosun 508T and CHPWS filler plate.

Any links with heights etc would be greatly appreciated!
View Quote

How about this one.? I don't think I'd buy anything from CHPWS at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How about this one.? I don't think I'd buy anything from CHPWS at the moment.
View Quote

Unfortunately the Bobro mount wont work for the AXG series. The rear sight is in an independent dovetail cut from the optic plate.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone here know where these are in stock?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone here know where these are in stock?
View Quote

https://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-p320-axg-scorpion-9mm-3-9-barrel-17-rounds.html
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's my AXG Scorpion.  Love it, and the matching knife!

" />
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:16:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
These seem visually very close to the classic series. How do the compare in hand?

I'm issued a P229 that I hate but shoot well. Would be pretty cool to have that same muscle memory in a striker gun
View Quote

You'll have to put one in your hand, but it's evocative of the classic line guns.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#21]
@manji which slide is that?

I want to do something similar on an x5 grip module but can't decide on a slide
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@manji which slide is that?

I want to do something similar on an x5 grip module but can't decide on a slide
View Quote

@BigGulp

It's a Zev subcompact slide
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone bought an AXG grip that wouldn’t play nice with their FCG?

I bought one and when I drop my FCG in, the trigger drags and the take down pin is rough going in. The trigger often fails to reset and there’s something very clearly sticking or dragging. Not had this happen before with a host of other grip modules. The vendor I bought the grip from was near useless so I have to call sig next and hope they don’t fuck me
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I bought one and when I drop my FCG in, the trigger drags and the take down pin is rough going in. The trigger often fails to reset and there’s something very clearly sticking or dragging. Not had this happen before with a host of other grip modules. The vendor I bought the grip from was near useless so I have to call sig next and hope they don’t fuck me
View Quote

To answer your question, no. There should be no issue with anything dragging and your takedown lever should slide in, tight, and you have to work it a little to align it, but it should go in just fine. I have seen people have issues with one of the pins in the FCU sliding partially out when they remove the FCU from another module. I would remove the FCU and make sure all of the pins, that run through the FCU are seated properly then try and reassemble. If that doesn’t work, call Sig.
I am curious why you would assume you are going to get “fucked” by Sig? That is extremely presumptuous. You do realize if you call Sig and act like a dick, you will get treated like a dick. I know you’re pissed, but assumptions like that are juvenile.
Cp
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

To answer your question, no. There should be no issue with anything dragging and your takedown lever should slide in, tight, and you have to work it a little to align it, but it should go in just fine. I have seen people have issues with one of the pins in the FCU sliding partially out when they remove the FCU from another module. I would remove the FCU and make sure all of the pins, that run through the FCU are seated properly then try and reassemble. If that doesn’t work, call Sig.
I am curious why you would assume you are going to get “fucked” by Sig? That is extremely presumptuous. You do realize if you call Sig and act like a dick, you will get treated like a dick. I know you’re pissed, but assumptions like that are juvenile.
Cp
View Quote

Nope, not really pissed. Kind of frustrated, mostly just crass.

I’ve typically had good luck with Sig, it’s just a concern with the grip module being so costly and their authorized vendor was like “I dunno, sucks” when I contacted them about it.

I went through my FCU and nothing appeared out of place. It does have a gray guns trigger, but like I said, it’s been through a host of different grip modules at this point without issue and when I drop it back into my x frame, there’s no issue. So I’m hopeful sig will just swap it out as I do like the AXG weight otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nope, not really pissed. Kind of frustrated, mostly just crass.

I've typically had good luck with Sig, it's just a concern with the grip module being so costly and their authorized vendor was like "I dunno, sucks" when I contacted them about it.

I went through my FCU and nothing appeared out of place. It does have a gray guns trigger, but like I said, it's been through a host of different grip modules at this point without issue and when I drop it back into my x frame, there's no issue. So I'm hopeful sig will just swap it out as I do like the AXG weight otherwise.
View Quote

Your FCU isn't an old one that hasn't been upgraded sporting the older Gray trigger by any chance?  

The reason you don't have the issue in other grip modules is because they're polymer and there's more give/flex that isn't present in the AXG grip.  Basically, they're going to say it's your FCU.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah mine did that when I first assembled it. All factory Sig parts except the FCU chassis itself which was a JSD 80%.

A little oil in between the trigger bar and where it rubs against the inside wall of the grip module and then working the trigger back and forth a few times to spread it all out got it sorted. Hasn't been an issue since. But I don't run my guns dry. Manual says a couple drops on the frame rails is enough? Nah, not for me. Spray can of oil and hose it down till it's dripping. Wipe down any excess. I use the spray can of Remoil as it's thinner than most so any extra runs off quick enough and you're left with a nice thin coat over everything inside the gun. Dab of grease on the frame rails and barrel locking surfaces and done.

My takedown lever was tight as hell too at first. Seems to be a common issue. They tend to wear in and loosen up after a bit of use. Notice the little beveled portion on the tip of the takedown lever. The end of the pin that would be showing on the right side of the gun when its in place. It helps if you line that beveled portion up with the takedown safety lever when you get it started, and twist as you push it through in a drilling-like motion. That bevel portion and the twisting creates a bit of camming action to help push the safety lever back and out of the way.

But yea the takedown levers are just tight when new. Put it in and take it out a few times and it should start to get easier.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your FCU isn't an old one that hasn't been upgraded sporting the older Gray trigger by any chance?  

The reason you don't have the issue in other grip modules is because they're polymer and there's more give/flex that isn't present in the AXG grip.  Basically, they're going to say it's your FCU.  
View Quote

I have an old FCU, it was upgraded, and I believe the trigger was called either the PELT or PELT 2 when I bought it from gray guns.

I sincerely hope the trigger isn’t in the issue, I’m quite fond of it lol.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah mine did that when I first assembled it. All factory Sig parts except the FCU chassis itself which was a JSD 80%.

A little oil in between the trigger bar and where it rubs against the inside wall of the grip module and then working the trigger back and forth a few times to spread it all out got it sorted. Hasn't been an issue since. But I don't run my guns dry. Manual says a couple drops on the frame rails is enough? Nah, not for me. Spray can of oil and hose it down till it's dripping. Wipe down any excess. I use the spray can of Remoil as it's thinner than most so any extra runs off quick enough and you're left with a nice thin coat over everything inside the gun. Dab of grease on the frame rails and barrel locking surfaces and done.

My takedown lever was tight as hell too at first. Seems to be a common issue. They tend to wear in and loosen up after a bit of use. Notice the little beveled portion on the tip of the takedown lever. The end of the pin that would be showing on the right side of the gun when its in place. It helps if you line that beveled portion up with the takedown safety lever when you get it started, and twist as you push it through in a drilling-like motion. That bevel portion and the twisting creates a bit of camming action to help push the safety lever back and out of the way.

But yea the takedown levers are just tight when new. Put it in and take it out a few times and it should start to get easier.
View Quote

I will try liberally lubricating within the frame and see. The take down pin is manageable, just tighter than every other frame. It’s the trigger dragging that causes issue.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have an old FCU, it was upgraded, and I believe the trigger was called either the PELT or PELT 2 when I bought it from gray guns.

I sincerely hope the trigger isn't in the issue, I'm quite fond of it lol.
View Quote
Long as it was upgraded, even with an older Gray guns trigger, you're good. A non upgraded FCU with original Sig curved or flat trigger will not work in the AXG grip (can't travel back enough to function). I'd have to dig around in my parts bin and see if the older Gray guns trigger would clear or not.

Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Long as it was upgraded, even with an older Gray guns trigger, you're good. A non upgraded FCU with original Sig curved or flat trigger will not work in the AXG grip (can't travel back enough to function). I'd have to dig around in my parts bin and see if the older Gray guns trigger would clear or not.

View Quote

Ya I tried lubing the areas I thought were dragging and reinstalled everything. No dice. Guess I’m at an impasse and now and have to call Sig tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#32]
I got to try every frame except the WC model over the weekend. None of them felt that good in hand except the AXG and it felt like an entirely different gun.

Has anyone here built out their own? Was it worth it over buying complete? I want to do a long slide variant but not if it costs a ton extra.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ya I tried lubing the areas I thought were dragging and reinstalled everything. No dice. Guess I'm at an impasse and now and have to call Sig tomorrow
View Quote

I'd look at refreshing your springs, both trigger and the two sear springs.  How many rounds do you have on this setup?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'd look at refreshing your springs, both trigger and the two sear springs.  How many rounds do you have on this setup?
View Quote

Ehh, 4k ish on the springs? I just got off the phone with sig. they want me to send the whole gun in.

Kind of worried they won’t like the Agency slide, PMM comp and barrel, and GG trigger on it

But it all works no problem on my X carry frame.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ehh, 4k ish on the springs? I just got off the phone with sig. they want me to send the whole gun in.

Kind of worried they won't like the Agency slide, PMM comp and barrel, and GG trigger on it

But it all works no problem on my X carry frame.
View Quote

They've embraced the whole aftermarket thing so I think you'll be ok.  Let us know what they say.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 3/30/2022 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#37]

@crash83

Something went horribly wrong! Here, allow me to assist...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Very nice man!
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:33:50 AM EDT
[#38]

@crash83 what magwell are you using on your Scorpion? I’m stuck between just going with the factory Sig one or picking up one from Armory Craft.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I need a set of those brass weighted grips now. Damn
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@crash83 what magwell are you using on your Scorpion? I’m stuck between just going with the factory Sig one or picking up one from Armory Craft.
View Quote

The magwell on the AXG look odd to me when they are on a carry length or M18 length slide. Is it just me that sees it? Granted it’s just visual but it seems out of proportion.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#41]
The Sig AXG magwell has a lower profile. I dig it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Sig AXG magwell has a lower profile. I dig it.
View Quote

Yeah, I really like the SIG magwell.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

From my lips to gods ears….

Apparently the GG trigger will not play nice with the AXG. So sig is gonna drop a standard flat trigger in it and send it all back to me. Then I’ll hit up GG and see what they think.

Now I gotta find an AXG magwell and figure out which grip panels I want to use
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Not sure why folks want to go to the aluminum grip 320 to get a "Striker-fired 226" without the 226 trigger.

Huh.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

From my lips to gods ears.

Apparently the GG trigger will not play nice with the AXG. So sig is gonna drop a standard flat trigger in it and send it all back to me. Then I'll hit up GG and see what they think.

Now I gotta find an AXG magwell and figure out which grip panels I want to use
View Quote

I run the current GG comp trigger in my AXG.  Hopefully they'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not sure why folks want to go to the aluminum grip 320 to get a "Striker-fired 226" without the 226 trigger.

Huh.
View Quote

DA/SA isn't popular anymore, and while the SA is nice, the DA is long and heavy. SAO is perfect but it has a safety, if you don't train with/for a safety, it's an extra thing to deal with, especially if you professionally use other pistols as well, or even an issued P320. striker fired doesn't have a safety or a DA mode to worry about. it's literally the most common type of pistol action sold for the last..... 15 if not 20 years at least.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
DA/SA isn't popular anymore, and while the SA is nice, the DA is long and heavy. SAO is perfect but it has a safety, if you don't train with/for a safety, it's an extra thing to deal with, especially if you professionally use other pistols as well, or even an issued P320. striker fired doesn't have a safety or a DA mode to worry about. it's literally the most common type of pistol action sold for the last..... 15 if not 20 years at least.
View Quote
Not arguing that -- I think the Glock has been sold since at least 1986.

All things being equal, although common I don't think SIG's striker-fired trigger is necessarily better (given a side-by-side aluminum frame ergonomic comparison) -- but more a personal preference.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I run the current GG comp trigger in my AXG.  Hopefully they'll take care of you.
View Quote

Ya, we shall see! Their CS has always been good people.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Huh.
View Quote

That's exactly why! To get a Striker fired 226/228 without the DA/SA Trigger.
A Stock P320 Trigger is one thing. A worked over, and polished up trigger or a X5 trigger is excellent. However, to each their own.

There is 5oz difference in weight for a much better feeling gun over anything plastic.
cp
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Finally ordered one of these things up.

I have a feeling it was a mistake....as in I'm going to want one for all of my 320's.

Are there any mag wells that work with ALL magazines?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top