BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a little time to swing by the range after work today. Only put 50 rounds through it and I can't wait to put a whole lot more. Functioned flawlessly. As it is a tilt action style pistol masquerading as a carbine, the recoil impulse is very strange to me but incredibly soft. There's a little flex in a the brace that may contribute to both those observations. I need to pay a bit more attention, but I just didn't have the time today. I was just ripping through the mags to make sure it functions

The thing is dead nuts accurate also. Amazing what an extra point of contact can do. Holes on holes without even trying, so I think it's safe to say the silencerco barrel is good to go.

The trigger sucks, but not because it actually sucks. It doesn't feel like a pistol so I'm trying to run it like my ARs. Just something I need more practice with.
View Quote
Nice great to hear can’t wait to try mine out
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I put another 200 rounds through mine. Still using the same ammo I used prior to the comp, the Winchester forged 115gr, and it was too underpowered with the added weight of the comp. With a hundred rounds I ran out of that I had about six failures to eject. The other hundred rounds was S&B 124gr, and that ran flawlessly. This thing is just so much fun to shoot, so easy to control. At 15 yards I can rip 6 shot all center mass on a silhouette as fast as I can pull the trigger. still room for improvement as double taps I can keep 2 inch apart.

It has definitely replaced my 6" 300 BLK as my favorite shooter. Once I get a can for the mp17, it'll be about the same size as my 300 without a can.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread is easy to fap to.

A micro 9mm can on that would be sweet.

Now, waiting for my MP17 is both hard to fap to, and not sweet at all.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No cross bolt safety but I do have covers in its place. Give em a call and ask for the covers for the manual safety if they can’t help for a while I will send you mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No cross bolt safety but I do have covers in its place. Give em a call and ask for the covers for the manual safety if they can’t help for a while I will send you mine.
I forgot, they did get back to me on the covers. Thanks for the offer! Received a tracking number before I got their response. So far pretty good customer service. Hope I don't have to contact them again, but I have received a reply within 24hrs every time I did have a question.

Hey man! I am sorry I did not see that email sooner. We apologize the safety covers were not installed already. I just got your package ready and it is going out today. You should be seeing the tracking number today. The side covers are really easy to install but the crossbolt safety cover has a ball detent system that keeps it in. When you install that just remember that the spring goes in the hole first, then the ball bearing, and then slide in the crossbolt safety cover. If you are having issues getting it to go in just let us know and we will help you through it but it is pretty straight forward. Thanks for letting us know man!
Alex
Support
FLUX DEFENSE
801-999-8115
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone else got a shipping notice?
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I want a 22tcm 9r barrel for this thing so bad....

Link Posted: 1/7/2020 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I want a 22tcm 9r barrel for this thing so bad....

View Quote
I just want my chassis.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I shot them an email to see if I could get an updated timeline. They shut down production to make some changes so the Legion X5 trigger pack would work.

Yes I can give you the best estimate. I am guessing that we will be fulfilling September orders for the next month and a half and then we will be getting to the November Black Friday orders. We did help our manufacturer get more machines though to make our parts faster, so we have good reason to believe that the wait will be shorter than that. We are sorry man, we know it has been a long wait already.
View Quote
They are very responsive and honest. I appreciate that greatly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]
anybody here have the B&T chassis to compare to?  Have my P320 SBRd, was originally going to go with the B&T but this has me intrigued.  However, the B&T seems like something you could actually holster and carry.  The Flux looks neat and all, but seems overly large compared to the B&T.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#10]
@Thor or anyone else.

Have you shot your Flux chassis anymore? Any further thoughts or comments?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Nothing really new to add. I've put more ammo through it and it's still running well and it's still a fun. No real complaints. I could say the cheek weld sucks, but I knew that going in just by design.

I do want to improve slide manipulation though. I have two modifications to the slide I'm considering.
1) Drill and tap a couple holes on the left side for a scalded down and 3D printed Aug-styled charging handle.
2) Remove the front sight post and have a round aluminum bar machined to press into the dovetail to use as a charging handle...though a bit closer to the muzzle than I'd prefer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#12]
What about 3D printing some "bumps" for the front of the slide like the B&T USW? You'd still have to drill and tap them though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

I put a Holosun HS507C on mine I’m very happy with it. Put about 300 rounds through it flawlessly very fun to shoot.

ETA this is my new nightstand gun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]
NEW Flux MP17 Pistol Chassis and Brace for SIG Pistols [SHOT Show 2020]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Not sure what video you posted but it’s no longer available.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:29:52 AM EDT
[#16]
any other chassis released for the P320 series at Shot Show last week?  Going to make a decision for my form 1 that has been approved for a while now and just want to know all the options.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not sure what video you posted but it's no longer available.
View Quote
Does it work now?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
any other chassis released for the P320 series at Shot Show last week?  Going to make a decision for my form 1 that has been approved for a while now and just want to know all the options.
View Quote
Strike industries had a "thing"

http://soldiersystems.net/2020/01/22/shot-show-20-strike-industries/
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
LOL, definitely a "thing"... how does stuff like that ever leave the drawing board much less get manufactured.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]
The 1913 rail on the back of the Strike is a good idea, as that is trending towards the standard.

But other than that...still waiting for my Flux.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#21]
black friday order here, i think ill be waiting a while still....
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone get a shipping notice in the 10xxx order range yet?  Guessing they aren’t that far along yet even?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Nothing yet. I'm hoping by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I wonder what was so different on the Legions that they had to cease production and redesign? Kinda crazy that Sig would change the FCU up that much.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wonder what was so different on the Legions that they had to cease production and redesign? Kinda crazy that Sig would change the FCU up that much.
View Quote
Admittedly, I haven't read through this entire thread - but, what are you referring to?  Redesign?

Hopefully I can help clear anything up for you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Admittedly, I haven't read through this entire thread - but, what are you referring to?  Redesign?

Hopefully I can help clear anything up for you.
View Quote
Flux Defense had to redesign their grip module to accommodate the Legion Trigger Bar.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I was a Black Friday order as well and have been in contact with Alex from Flux back and forth and received this email from him on 03FEB.  I cannot wait to get mine!!  As for what he means by best estimate as of right now my question prior was whether or not he would meet the previous commitment of mid-Feb for date of completion.  (I think that is what he is referring to)

Hey man! Yes our manufacturer has now doubled their output on our parts and so we have been getting our parts in faster. Because of the faster rate of parts we are getting we have finally begun to fulfill the majority of our September orders which are the customers that have been waiting the longest to get their MP17 orders. But once we get through those we will be on our next batch which is the Black Friday November sales like your order. We are so grateful and appreciative of your patience man. That is our best estimate as of right now but since we are getting our parts in I have confidence in us being able to get these out.
Alex
Support
FLUX DEFENSE
801-999-8115
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone get a shipping notice in the 10xxx order range yet?  Guessing they aren’t that far along yet even?
View Quote
I am in the 101XX order range.  I just posted a reply I received from Alex from Flux.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone get a shipping notice in the 10xxx order range yet?  Guessing they aren't that far along yet even?
View Quote
096xx

No shipping notice.  I'll post as soon as I get word.

I saw all the replies in this thread and hoped it was about shipping notices  I've got mags, lights, threaded barrel, and a SRO ready to roll.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#30]
what barrel did you go with? I was hoping to keep my M17's loaded chamber indicator intact. I have seen a jig that will help you file out a p320 barrel but I am not sure I want do do that, either. BarSto barrels are wildly overpriced IMO.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I got mine.

Only problem is I still can't get my 320 to cycle with a suppressor on it...

Not sure what options I have... I guess I can try the DPM recoil spring. Pricey at $100 bucks.

Anyone else have problems with a supressor? My slide is a compact.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I just received a shipping notice.

096xx
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

096xx
View Quote
so only 400 to go. Here's hoping 400 people ordered a t shirt between us, eh?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

096xx

Like 500-600 for me. I was hoping end of February. I guess end of April now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Mine arrived today. However....

I started off with full size slide, red box regular 320 with a Griffin barrel.  Lots of binding on the slide.

Then I tried the OEM barrel.  No binding, but the guide rod would still stick out like the gun wasn't in battery.    I fiddled with it for a bit and then

My slide locked up.  It will only move about a half an inch.

Thoughts?  I'm normally avoid beta testing, but I figured it just a frame.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Id email them, they have been very prompt the couple of times i've contacted them. Do post back, as i was considering the griffin barrel since it comes with that free micro comp thing. But no fo if its a no go.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Id email them, they have been very prompt the couple of times i've contacted them. Do post back, as i was considering the griffin barrel since it comes with that free micro comp thing. But no fo if its a no go.
View Quote
I emailed them last night.

I got the slide unfrozen this morning .  Ended up having to push down on the barrel as I was pulling the slide back.

Not sure what to do now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Problem solved

The slide release lever is very, very tight.  It wasn't seated properly.  Took a fair amount of pressure with a pair of knipex wrench pliers to get the lever alway the way seated.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Problem solved

The slide release lever is very, very tight.  It wasn't seated properly.  Took a fair amount of pressure with a pair of knipex wrench pliers to get the lever alway the way seated.
View Quote
I've had mine bind up on the compact I carry before as well. Probably something I'm doing wrong with reassembly every once in awhile. Never have figured out what causes it, but I know how to fix it!
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Has there been any hint of an eta for the SBR version?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Has there been any hint of an eta for the SBR version?
View Quote
Curious why they would even make it. Why would you want an SBR version of it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#42]
With manufacturing delays already impacting the previous lead times due to lack of parts. . . . I'm curious if the Coronavirus will put a serious dent in their ability to deliver.

Their CS contact seems pretty transparent thus far
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Each time one of you guys bumps this thread, I get exited that my number is coming up.

And then I'm like
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:29:50 AM EDT
[#44]
So I figured I’d give it a shot to see if maybe I’d get it by my birthday? Sad to hear it, but nope! However, there is good news in the reply concerning when I might see it and when others from the Black Friday sale might see theirs as well! (Order #101XX)

Hi ———. We are sorry about the wait. We wish we could get it out to you by today but we are waiting on parts to come in and so we won't be able to build any MP17's out for about a week and a half to two weeks. Happy Birthday though! We should have yours out in about 2-3 weeks.
Alex
Support
FLUX DEFENSE
801-999-8115
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So I figured I’d give it a shot to see if maybe I’d get it by my birthday? Sad to hear it, but nope! However, there is good news in the reply concerning when I might see it and when others from the Black Friday sale might see theirs as well! (Order #101XX)
View Quote
I talk to Alex on IG often - they truly do want to get these out to you guys. The only Flux stuff I have is Glock related - but make no mistake, they want these out and are working hard to get them out.

They actually spent money to purchase their manufacturer more machines to make their stuff.

It's refreshing to see the guys at Flux truly are "gun guys" and not just peeps looking to make money

And if you ever have an issue with their products, theyll bend over backward to make it right.

If these are anything like the Glock lineup they have, the wait will be absolutely worth it, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#46]
One thing that Flux does great is their communication by email. I would like it, however, if they'd make it more official by posting it on their site, or on Facebook.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]
How is the front magwell not a front grip?

Speaking strictly in a get your shit pushed in by the ATF if seen in use?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:20:27 AM EDT
[#48]
A vertical grip or fore grip is one that is 90 degrees perpendicular with the fore-end of the firearm and is designed to be used as hand grip.

A mag holder is designed to hold an additional magazine and is not perpendicular with the fore-end. Therefore, whether it’s viewed as a mag holder or angled fore-grip, neither of those meet the definition of a vertical grip/fore-grip.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I bought an RMR today in preparation of receiving my Flux brace. Let's hope it's not homeless for too long.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A vertical grip or fore grip is one that is 90 degrees perpendicular with the fore-end of the firearm and is designed to be used as hand grip.
View Quote
Worth noting this is a statement in an opinion letter that applies only to the person it is addressed to.

There is no statutory definition of a vertical fore grip, we’re all working off common sense and opinion that can change depending on how the wind blows.

Did Flux clear this design with the ATF? I genuinely don’t know.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top