BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone received one yet? I think I'm at the 12 week mark....
View Quote
Does anyone have an expected date from FLUX?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
making sure its still crickets on delivery timeframe. I got mine black friday, so figure im near the end of the line of people already at, what, 13 weeks? I'll ive since i knew this going in, but an update would sure be nice.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Unless you want an M17, get the compact.
View Quote
Curious on your reasoning.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't been this excited since my scorpion micro.

An ETA would be awesome though
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't been this excited since my scorpion micro.

An ETA would be awesome though
View Quote
I'm also insanely excited to get mine.  I did a black friday buy.  I frankly don't care if they say "it's going to be three/four/five more months", but I'm starting to want to hear an accurate timeline.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm also insanely excited to get mine.  I did a black friday buy.  I frankly don't care if they say "it's going to be three/four/five more months", but I'm starting to want to hear an accurate timeline.
View Quote
Has anyone reached out? I sent an email months ago and have heard nothing back
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I really want one.  Based on the replies, though, I’m kinda glad I waited.  Hope you guys hear something soon, I’m excited for the real world reviews to start rolling in.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm from l the first batch in early Sept. I received a reply two weeks ago that mine would ship the middle of last week. Just got back from a cruise and no tracking number yet. I'll probably shoot another to email by Wednesday.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 7:13:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Just received tracking info last night!
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boom!
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fingers crossed they got in a huge batch to ship out all of the Black Friday orders.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Great to hear!
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]
In anticipation of it shipping, I bought a full size 320 today on my lunch break.

I was going to get an M17 because of the manual safety, but accessing it looked to be a PITA so I'll juts use the block safety on the frame.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In anticipation of it shipping, I bought a full size 320 today on my lunch break.

I was going to get an M17 because of the manual safety, but accessing it looked to be a PITA so I'll juts use the block safety on the frame.
View Quote
I thought and felt the same way, so got the no safety M17 last month.

Also have a black friday order in, no tracking as of yet but I knew what i was getting into. I hope this thing is all i think it can be. Might replace the APC9 for me a in a much lighter and smaller package.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is there a block safety on the frame? I know it was mentioned or seen in the MAC video, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

Im fine either way.

Let us know when you get it!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is there a block safety on the frame? I know it was mentioned or seen in the MAC video, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

Im fine either way.

Let us know when you get it!
View Quote
Should be delivered Sat according to tracking!

MAC's had it, and as I understood his was still a prototype. When I watched the installation video on FLUX's site a while back the more recent portions with an employee describing hands on how to (not he promo video clips) used a frame with a block safety. I'm hoping there's a safety. If not, it's not a deal breaker as I also got the holster for it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]
@Thor

What was your order number?

I'm 10181.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Also, it is downright painful reading the comments on their instagram/facebook.

"Will this work with a FN509?"
"Make this for the FNX-45!"
"Do you need the slide cut to mount the dot?"

I'd say its worse than ordinary GD members.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@Thor

What was your order number?

I'm 10181.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#20]
10213. yikes.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Ordered in a Silencer Co. Barrel and a Parker Mountain Machine Comp this morning as well. Figured best to have everything ready to go how I want rather than piece by piece.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I inquired about lead times and this is what I received. No specific timeline, but they seem responsive and friendly. Also, there are M17's out in th wild.

We are happy that you reached out to us. We have been shipping these Flux MP17's out for the past 3 weeks. We are currently just going down the list of customers fulfilling them in order of when they ordered. Unfortunately though, our manufacturing capabilities are still very small and we only can get a certain amount of parts in per week so that is why it is taking so long for some customers to get their MP17 orders. We are still fulfilling orders from September right now. But, we have recently taken some actions to increase our manufacturing capacity. We are helping our manufacturer get more machines so they can be making our parts 24/7. We know once we get more machines we will be able to fulfill orders at the posted lead time.

Another issue that we had was that our original lead time was way off. We had an idea of how long it would be to build out our first production batches but we did not anticipate that there were going to be as many delays in the process. Our steel parts go through 5 different companies before they make it back to us for assembly and we had 3 of those companies give us delays. For multiple reasons we had to wait on manufacturing and that is something we are working on solving. Thanks for reaching out again and we hope that this makes sense.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, other than the awkwardness of the writing and the poor grammar, it was nice that they responded. It looks like a great product, and I'm excited to hear reviews as members get their hands on them.

Like I said before, I don't mind waiting, but I like accurate timelines.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#24]
As a point of curiosity, what is the difference between the
M17 brace version and the SBR version?

All I see different is the thingy in the back is a little different.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine shipped yesterday can’t wait!
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mine shipped yesterday can't wait!
View Quote
Care to share your order number?
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, other than the awkwardness of the writing and the poor grammar, it was nice that they responded. It looks like a great product, and I'm excited to hear reviews as members get their hands on them.

Like I said before, I don't mind waiting, but I like accurate timelines.
View Quote
Thanks to desert tech's MDR, I don't think I'll be concerned about delayed pre-orders ever again.

I don't think that can ever be topped.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Care to share your order number?
View Quote
0961_

Left the last number out
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
As a point of curiosity, what is the difference between the
M17 brace version and the SBR version?

All I see different is the thingy in the back is a little different.

Thanks!
View Quote
From what I can tell, the brace is designed to be a brace, and says “Not a stock” on the back because it’s not a stock.  The SBR stock is a similar shape but is designed to be a stock and has serrations on the back because it’s a stock.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Roger that!

Thanks!

Quoted:

From what I can tell, the brace is designed to be a brace, and says “Not a stock” on the back because it’s not a stock.  The SBR stock is a similar shape but is designed to be a stock and has serrations on the back because it’s a stock.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I can officially confirm they do exist. Ca.e a day early. Compensator should be here Monday. Build quality seems very high, and the brace  deployment is spot on every time. I should be able to shoot it this weekend and give a complete review. I do need to trim the screws for the red dot as they make contact with the rear sight on the slide. It's an oddball brand red dot until my vortex comes in, so not something most people will have to do.

Only sort of problem....streamlight TLR-1 is not compatible with the holster.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Perfect fit for the glovebox too...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Looks great! I'm certain once mine comes in, I will be fondling it for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Still fondling. Now with more RDS...

Attachment Attached File

So some things to note is it has the cutout for the block safety, but there were no block safety pieces supplied. Also, the little covers for guns without manual safeties are missing as well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Is there enough clearance for a slide with suppressor height sights?
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Plenty of room for suppressor sights.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Did you shoot it this morning, Thor?
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#38]
No I did not. Unfortunately I have some bad news...

Circled in red is the cutout on both sides that are supposed to, according to the assembly video, have cover plates you need to remove only if your fire control has a manual safety. My frame did not have these cover plates included. As mine does not have a manual safety that area of my fire control unit is exposed. Part of what is exposed is a pin that taps loose. You can see the head of it centered in the cutout. It also must work itself loose manually running the slide. I was playing around with it getting a feel for manipulating it with reloads and such, and the pin worked its way loose and fell out one of the times I hit the slide release. I can only imagine shooting it is going to work that part loose in short order, and I don't know what would happen to my fire control unit if I set a roundoff after that pin fell out.

You can also see the open slot where I assume there should be at least covers, if not a the actually cross-bolt safety.

I'm hoping mine was a fluke and they're not all shipping out like this. Email went out today. I'll let you know what gets done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#39]
The quickest fix is to go buy a safety model.

Just sayin.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Got mine today!Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA mine has the manual safety covers but I don’t need them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Does yours have the cross-bolt safety above the mag release, or just covers? Or did it come with a cross-bolt safety at all? I just have a open slot and I'm trying to find out what I'm actually missing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Does yours have the cross-bolt safety above the mag release, or just covers? Or did it come with a cross-bolt safety at all? I just have a open slot and I'm trying to find out what I'm actually missing.
View Quote
No cross bolt safety but I do have covers in its place. Give em a call and ask for the covers for the manual safety if they can’t help for a while I will send you mine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

0961_

Left the last number out
View Quote
0968x No shipping confirmation.

I need to buy a red dot soon.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone shoot theirs yet?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anyone shoot theirs yet?
View Quote
I will tomorrow. I formed an epoxy cover to keep that pin in so I can shoot it. Also got the comp in today. Really need to submit another form 1 for a can though. Comp will do for now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I will tomorrow. I formed an epoxy cover to keep that pin in so I can shoot it. Also got the comp in today. Really need to submit another form 1 for a can though. Comp will do for now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/Screenshot_20191223-180559_2_png-1206559.JPG
View Quote
Where’s the 21 rounders?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Local stores have none. :(
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 1:18:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Demo Ranch just got an MP17.  His latest vlog video showed a quick 2 second shot of part of it at his gun store.  Looking forward to seeing some new footage of one in action.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I had a little time to swing by the range after work today. Only put 50 rounds through it and I can't wait to put a whole lot more. Functioned flawlessly. As it is a tilt action style pistol masquerading as a carbine, the recoil impulse is very strange to me but incredibly soft. There's a little flex in a the brace that may contribute to both those observations. I need to pay a bit more attention, but I just didn't have the time today. I was just ripping through the mags to make sure it functions

The thing is dead nuts accurate also. Amazing what an extra point of contact can do. Holes on holes without even trying, so I think it's safe to say the silencerco barrel is good to go.

The trigger sucks, but not because it actually sucks. It doesn't feel like a pistol so I'm trying to run it like my ARs. Just something I need more practice with.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top