Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2002 12:31:14 PM EDT
I was looking at the cdnn investments add in shotgun news and they have some SIG SPORT MAGS for sig sauers.  The have a finger extension on the bottom of the mag.  The add says they fit all 229 pistols.

I have a 228 9mm sig and was wanting some mags like that.  Will 229 mags fit 228's?  

How do they fit?

Here's a pic.

http://store3.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1692_9797599

I think they only have .357 and .40 mags.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I know 9mm mags are interchageable between the 9mm P229 and the P228, but I don't think the .40/.357 will work in the P228.  The mag is shaped different at the top where it narrows down to the single feed from the double stack.  I believe that the magwell on the .40/.357 P229 is machined different to accept the different profile.  

I may be dead wrong, but I'd make damn sure before you sink money into any of the mags.  Know anyone with a .40 P229?  Or will your local gunshop let you just test fit a mag?  That'd be the best check.  Also, don't forget to find out if it will actually accept 9mm.  Most guns use the same mag, but Sigs use different mags for the two calibers, so they may not even accept, retain, feed, etc. 9mm.  

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top