Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone in the business heard a dealer price yet?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anyone in the business heard a dealer price yet?
View Quote
Dealers should have their pricing, either from distributors or from SIG

MSRP = $599
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Most retailers are selling their "preorders" for $499 to $529 (often with free shipping).

I expect this will be the price for awhile, and thanks to the night sights, I doubt it will ever drop below $479 (even though non-night sight G43s are $429-$449 and the Shields are $329).
--
Thanks for those pics!!!
Now I gotta go handle one of those 938s to see how the grip feels on them. The P365 looks shorter front to back, about the same width, and has that nice trigger-guard cut.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Dear Lord,

Please let this be a good, solid, reliable pistol.

Amen.

I've been a Glock guy for just about 30 years, and I'll tell ya, I'm excited for this gun.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is a Tech forum for SIG pistols NOT a forum for SIG bashing, Take this crap to GD . Your next post like this one will get you a time out
View Quote
If I may?

Geoint was expressing his experiences from his personal standpoint. I see nothing wrong in what he wrote or (more importantly) why he wrote it.

Contrasting opinions (written politely, as his was) hasn't been worthy of a warning in the past.  Has policy changed on this?

For the record, I don't know geoint from Adam. But bullying is wholly unnecessary, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If I may?

Geoint was expressing his experiences from his personal standpoint. I see nothing wrong in what he wrote or (more importantly) why he wrote it.
View Quote
Except he has no experiences- the pistol hasn't been released yet.

I would welcome his input if he had anything relevant to the P365, but ranting about some bad experiences he's had in the past (which are polar opposite of most of ours) are not helpful.

The mod acted appropriately; stop the pointless off topic ranting, which leads to bickering, before it starts.  There's a whole General sub-forum for that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Except he has no experiences- the pistol hasn't been released yet.

I would welcome his input if he had anything relevant to the P365, but ranting about some bad experiences he's had in the past (which are polar opposite of most of ours) are not helpful.

The mod acted appropriately; stop the pointless off topic ranting, which leads to bickering, before it starts.  There's a whole General sub-forum for that stuff.
View Quote
He was speaking about Sigs in general, not specific models, yes? While I agree that his experience(s) is 180 degrees from mine I still think it was an overreaction in how he was slammed. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 2:51:09 AM EDT
[#9]
REAL SIZE P365 VS G43 COMPARISON SIDE BY SIDE
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 4:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]
By 22 sec I stopped that mess
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

By 22 sec I stopped that mess
View Quote
Then you missed where he went over the measurements. He seemed to have it pretty close. As everyone wants to see it next to a G43, I thought it worth sharing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#12]
'I machined it from still photos I took' was the furthest I made it

And I thought I was done buying guns damit
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

'I machined it from still photos I took' was the furthest I made it

And I thought I was done buying guns damit
View Quote
You guys made it farther than me- I gave up once I saw he whittled the gun.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dimensions on this are very similar to a Keltec P11, which I've always thought was an under-appreciated carry gun as it holds 12+1 and is only slightly thicker than all the other micro single stack 9mm carry guns - yet still thinner than G26 type carry pistols.

I hope it works well as I've been about to buy another P11.
View Quote
I've always said that a P11 sized pistol should have been made by Glock, Ruger, or anyone else for that matter. I never owned a Sig but that might change.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#15]
The P365 has been added to this size comparison chart.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22wLsyYEkTOMDU4MjJlNTktOTRlZi00NTJkLWE0MGMtZmEwNGFlMWE3ZDlm/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The P365 has been added to this size comparison chart.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22wLsyYEkTOMDU4MjJlNTktOTRlZi00NTJkLWE0MGMtZmEwNGFlMWE3ZDlm/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link didn't work for me...like...when I cut/pasted it (I know it's not a hot link).
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#18]
those side by side pics are impressive...  definitely has my attention.

but why such a short barrel...  pistols can ride better IWB with a little longer slide.  not to mention being able to take a light that doesn't stick out an inch from the slide.  will be very curious to see how the Sig branded light fits.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#19]
When I carried my 26, I did so in a G19 IWB. The extra length kept the pistol close. I noticed that my 43 would "pop out" at the top due to the short holster. Adjustable ride height holster will help, but may put it too deep for one's needs, depends on what you want. I think when I get the 365, I will have the body extended a tad to help with this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Definitely interested but unless there was no way to get a standard rail on it, that (basically) proprietary rail is retarded.  FN tried them with the FortyNine, HK tried it and I think it's been on a few others but its never caught on.  They'd have been better off designing the frame to accommodate a Streamlight TLR6 in my ignorant opinion.  That said, if it proves reliable, I could easily see selling my safe-residing G26 for one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#21]
According to the SIG Instagram page,  the first shipment is leaving NH today.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm actually excited for this. I need to force one of my shooting buddies to be the guinea pig and plop down 6 bills.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#23]
This is the FIRST pistol I have been very interested in for quite some time. Smaller, lighter, higher capacity... three tremendous attributes that most folks are looking for. Of course, reliability and accuracy are paramount.

After breaking my back in a freak road bicycle accident, even my 27.5 ounce plus ammo 1911 Lightweight CCO .45ACP in Milt Sparks gear feels a bit on the heavy side, but very manageable.  Same with my Glock 19 in similar gear.

This Sig P365... assuming there are NO problems, could be an EDC deal breaker for me. In a very thin kydex holster from Tulster.

On the downsides... the mags are most probably... VERY expensive and what is it with Sig's proprietary rail? I had one on a P226 Navy and it only worked with Sig's accessories or with an adapter.

Other than the latter two, if this pistol performs very well in all the beta and actual testing by regular folks, I'm in!
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Definitely interested but unless there was no way to get a standard rail on it, that (basically) proprietary rail is retarded.  FN tried them with the FortyNine, HK tried it and I think it's been on a few others but its never caught on.  They'd have been better off designing the frame to accommodate a Streamlight TLR6 in my ignorant opinion.  That said, if it proves reliable, I could easily see selling my safe-residing G26 for one.
View Quote
A TLR6 will most likely be designed for it and the rail will make for a better hook up and you can anchor to two points (trigger guard and rail) as opposed to just the trigger guard. There is just no way to put a proper pic rail on such a narrow gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is the FIRST pistol I have been very interested in for quite some time. Smaller, lighter, higher capacity... three tremendous attributes that most folks are looking for. Of course, reliability and accuracy are paramount.

After breaking my back in a freak road bicycle accident, even my 27.5 ounce plus ammo 1911 Lightweight CCO .45ACP in Milt Sparks gear feels a bit on the heavy side, but very manageable.  Same with my Glock 19 in similar gear.

This Sig P365... assuming there are NO problems, could be an EDC deal breaker for me. In a very thin kydex holster from Tulster.

On the downsides... the mags are most probably... VERY expensive and what is it with Sig's proprietary rail? I had one on a P226 Navy and it only worked with Sig's accessories or with an adapter.

Other than the latter two, if this pistol performs very well in all the beta and actual testing by regular folks, I'm in!
View Quote
I saw a video from SHOT where the rep at the Sig booth explained that they are using a proprietary rail so they can make it slimmer, and will be releasing a 100lm light in conjunction with the pistol. Or Streamlight will make a TLR6 housing for it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Lots of information in this video. From the video, the 12 round magazine in the P365, its 4.6 inches tall. The P320 subcompact is 4.7 inches tall with its 12 round, flush fitting magazine in the gun. Phil Strader is able to get all three fingers on the P365 with the 12 round magazine, but his pinky dangles on the P320sc and it’s 12 round magazine. Yet the P365 is still shorter. Think about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n24wUNKYm0A&t
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#27]
^^^^^^^^^^^

Excellent video!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Pic request of one side by side with a p30sk if one exists?

My wife stole my vp9sk I stole it back and she will steal it again .

I was going to pick up a p30sk but would love to see this p365.   I know it will be slimer but not sure if I'd trust it over the HK
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#29]
just trying to mount a light to a VP9SK so it didn't stick out a mile was pretty much impossible due to the large trigger guard and shorter than regular size VP9 slide/barrel.

If you make a gun as short at the P365, you pretty much need a proprietary solution.  The one they show in the video looks pretty slick.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I googled this gun but cannot find a single comment about how the trigger feels and if it compares to others.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pic request of one side by side with a p30sk if one exists?

My wife stole my vp9sk I stole it back and she will steal it again .

I was going to pick up a p30sk but would love to see this p365.   I know it will be slimer but not sure if I'd trust it over the HK
View Quote
it's a Sig.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
it's a Sig.  It should work fine  
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#33]
LGS has a 365 & I was able to shoot it yesterday. Must say I'm really impressed! With it being smaller than a 43 or Shield, I was expecting it to be pretty snappy in the hand, but it wasn't at all. No idea what SIG did to achieve this, but it was impressive how controllable/comfortable it was to shoot.

As long as the 365 ends up being reliable, its capacity, size, and shoot-ability make it a winner IMO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
LGS has a 365 & I was able to shoot it yesterday. Must say I'm really impressed! With it being smaller than a 43 or Shield, I was expecting it to be pretty snappy in the hand, but it wasn't at all. No idea what SIG did to achieve this, but it was impressive how controllable/comfortable it was to shoot.

As long as the 365 ends up being reliable, its capacity, size, and shoot-ability make it a winner IMO.
View Quote
This makes me even more excited I’ve got one preordered at the SIG pro shop. Must be coming soon. I was worried about snappiness.

Looks like I really am retiring my G43.

I don’t know if it’s home state pride or whatever, but SIG just keeps pulling me in these last few years.

P320, MPX, 225a1 I haven’t bought a non sig except for shotguns and wheel guns in a long time. If we don’t count building ARs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#35]
i'll be selling my CM9 and was going to get a shield, now i'll get the 365, compact and high capacity with night sights for 499?   winner.

they'll cause smith, ruger, springfield etc....to come up with a similar model.  why settle for any single stack now if you can get the same size with higher capacity?    (assuming reliability is there).

I see several companies following suit this year.  will be a good time to be a consumer!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:54:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I hope it lives up to the hype (since I just pre ordered one)! I've been EDC'ing G19's since '93 and have finally gotten tired of it (especially as I'm trending more towards form fitting clothing). At 5'10, 155 lbs... trying to EDC a G19 has not been much fun (seems my LCP pocket gun gets carried more lately). I just wasn't content with switching to less than 10 rounds, or another fat grip with only 10 rounds. I think this may finally be my breakthrough that keeps my G19's at home. I couldn't help myself, with Brownell's 10%/free ship code and P365 pre order (came out to $460 delivered), I had to FO.
I haven't been this excited to receive a new pistol in a LONG time!
Keeping my fingers crossed that Sig didn't F this one up!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#37]
I have one on pre-order with Brownells.  Anyone have any idea when they might ship?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I missed the $460 shipped from Brownells day.  I ended up ordering it from them for $480 shipped.  No clue when they will start shipping.

No idea on dealer price.  Local LE store has it listed at $448 LEO price.

So with tax and having to drive 40 minutes out there whenever they get stock in, I'm at the same price since my FFL doesn't charge me for transfers and he's a five minute drive away.

I've had the CM9, Shield and 43 and didn't like them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#39]
There are two protrusions on the starboard side of the frame.  I believe one of them is a slide stop/slide release.  I am guessing the other is a protective bump to keep the slide stop/release from inadvertent activation.    Does anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There are two protrusions on the starboard side of the frame.  I believe one of them is a slide stop/slide release.  I am guessing the other is a protective bump to keep the slide stop/release from inadvertent activation.    Does anyone know for sure?
View Quote
uhh... i don't see any protrusion on the right side of the frame.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I meant left.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#42]
The aft one is the slide catch, the forward one is the take down lever.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#43]
So, on the slide stop, is the detent on the inner portion of the slide? as there's no visible sign on the outside
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Another forum says they're now shipping with xray3 sights?
Brownell's upc of the 365 reflects this.
winning
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I know!!   I much prefer the Xray sights.  It's like they're punishing the early adopter/beta-testers.  
Hrmmm.....my front sight looks a little dim...I think the tritium leaked.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I know!!   I much prefer the Xray sights.  It's like they're punishing the early adopter/beta-testers.  
Hrmmm.....my front sight looks a little dim...I think the tritium leaked.  
View Quote
IM sent
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Another forum says they're now shipping with xray3 sights?
Brownell's upc of the 365 reflects this.
winning
View Quote
Oh shit you’re right, the UPC ends in XR3. I snagged my preorder for 460, and was happy with that. Now I’m stoked!
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Brownells called me about my preorder today!

All they wanted to do is confirm the order

She said end of march is what Sig is telling them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Brownells called me about my preorder today!

All they wanted to do is confirm the order

She said end of march is what Sig is telling them.
View Quote
Looks like SIG is doing it again. Every time they announce a new gun, it takes months for it to hit the street. I saw several videos from Shot Show where the guy from SIG said the first shipment was already sent out and a second was getting ready to go "this Friday". They made it sound like you could get one soon. NOT. My LGS have said they have no idea when they may get any in and a couple said it may not be until sometime during the summer. Is SIG only shipping 20 guns at a time or something?

I think I have only seen 1 post, anywhere, of somebody saying they have picked one up yet that was not a dealer or some youtube reviewer.

Come on SIG, start sending this things out.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top