Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 7:08:32 PM EDT
Anybody else order one? $490 seemed like a good deal to me. I ordered an extra mag as well. Do the 9mm P226 mags work in the P229? It would be awesome if they do.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes 226 mags work.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered 8 of the 226 legions when they had them a few months ago - a steal at $500 each and they were in perfect condition.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a P229 Legion in .357 and I picked up a new P226 extended magazine from Sig to use as a backup, because everyone said it would work in my P229.  It did not.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes 226 mags work.
View Quote
That is my experience as well,  I've even used 40sw mags in a 9mm 229 without issue.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Out of stock....too late as usual.  Grrrrrr
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wow, that was quick. Apparently a good deal.
I debated about it but after shipping and transfer fee I could hopefully get one locally at a good price.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I snagged one, the fella on the phone said they were in really great shape across the board.
Hopefully as nice as the P226 40sw DAK I got that was basically NIB a few months ago.... it had less wear than many "new" guns on the shelf at the local shop do.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I debated about it but after shipping and transfer fee I could hopefully get one locally at a good price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep they only had 7 at 10:15 last night and before 11 they were gone.  That was a great price on what looked to be really nice guns.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked my best of 5 P229 up at AIMS today and could not be happier.  Other than the cooked out night sights the pistol is LITERALLY like new.  Must have spent its life in an armory.  

The single 13rd magazine it came with does have a few nicks in the baseplate but the metal body and follower are great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:06:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Picked my best of 5 P229 up at AIMS today and could not be happier.  Other than the cooked out night sights the pistol is LITERALLY like new.  Must have spent its life in an armory.  

The single 13rd magazine it came with does have a few nicks in the baseplate but the metal body and follower are great.
View Quote
Picked mine up before lunch on Tuesday, also in great shape. Just a touch of visible wear on it.
The mag in my case was in factory plastic,  so brand new.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Found the GD thread just in time to miss out.

Looked like a good score because usually what they are liquidating for good prices are the guns no one wants--.40, .357, DAK.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ordered 8 of the 226 legions when they had them a few months ago - a steal at $500 each and they were in perfect condition.
View Quote
When was this?!  You bought how many?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
What were they?  Factory returns or something?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up mine yesterday and it is nice. It also has the SRT installed!  Hell of a deal
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Very happy with the condition, the only external wear on mine is the barrel finish over the chamber is gone and it has a small wear spot on the bottom front of the grip. Internals look good and there is not any mentionable slop between the slide and frame. My night sights still have usable life left in them. Mine has the SRT trigger installed. P226 9mm mags fit great as well.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Very happy with the condition, the only external wear on mine is the barrel finish over the chamber is gone and it has a small wear spot on the bottom front of the grip. Internals look good and there is not any mentionable slop between the slide and frame. My night sights still have usable life left in them. Mine has the SRT trigger installed. P226 9mm mags fit great as well.  

https://i.imgur.com/FNyLAVf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ONJIw7x.jpg
View Quote
The barrel is not finished on top of the chamber on older 229's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top