Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2017 9:58:27 PM EDT
So, I saw a Sig P320 compact at a pawn shop with an OD green frame and night sights, barely used and got it for $340 OTD.

I fired it today, worked great, accurate, but I noticed some differences between it and my 320 TACOPS CA.

First, the guide rod sticks out a bit on this one.  I compared it to my TACOPS, which doesn't do that.  I swapped slides and guide rods around on each and it only sticks out a little on the compact, see pic below.
Attachment Attached File

Also, the slide on the compact is different, one large oval hole on the upper side as compared to the TACOPS with two small holes in the same place.  The compact is dated 1/31/15.  TACOPS is dated 8/2/16.

Compact slide:
Attachment Attached File

TACOPS slide:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the full size p320rx and compact rx and guide rod doesn't stick out of either. Something is wrong with that guide rod.

ETA: haven't looked at the slides to see if anything is different between the two.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Guide rod doesn't sound right. I think early models required the guide rod be seated a certain way. Play with the rotation of the rod to see if that helps.

As for the slide lightening, word I got is that SIG was playing with weight to get proper operation with all kinds of loads. Not sure, but newest production may have even eliminated them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
It's the guide rod.  I played around d some more and for some reason it just sticks out on either gun.

I will get another and see what that does.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]
That is the way the guide rod was made when the P320 compact first came out.  In late 2015 Sig changed over to the flush ones.  I took delivery of 250 P320's at work in Oct 2015.  About half had the recoil assembly you have shown and the rest were the flush ones.  

The lightening groves have changed with production upgrades, we have a few different versions.  I'm just guessing is it quicker to drill out a few holes instead of machining out the larger oval or Sig decided change the total weight of the 9mm slide.  David
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#5]
My compact made Jan ‘17 has no lightening cuts in the slide and guide rod is flush.  It is a MA safety version but shouldn’t make a difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top