BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just received notice this morning that my pistol, which they received two days ago, has been upgraded and being shipped back.

12:23 AM (8 hours ago)
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx.com

***** Please do not reply to this automatic message ******

Sig Sauer Inc. is pleased to inform you that the following shipment left the factory today and will arrive at your place soon.

We appreciate your business.

The attached Shipping Notification contains the details of your shipment.

If you find that you cannot read the attached file with a viewer on your machine, you can download a free PDF viewer
from http://www.adobe.com.

https://s6.postimg.org/drdil2jvl/IMG_1332.jpg
View Quote
Damn that was quick!!!

Got my 4 labels last night and shipped this morning!

I am still pending a label from the LEO/MIL program pistol I have but not to worried about it.

cp
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just received notice this morning that my pistol, which they received two days ago, has been upgraded and being shipped back.

12:23 AM (8 hours ago)
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx.com

***** Please do not reply to this automatic message ******

Sig Sauer Inc. is pleased to inform you that the following shipment left the factory today and will arrive at your place soon.

We appreciate your business.

The attached Shipping Notification contains the details of your shipment.

If you find that you cannot read the attached file with a viewer on your machine, you can download a free PDF viewer
from http://www.adobe.com.

https://s6.postimg.org/drdil2jvl/IMG_1332.jpg
View Quote
Outstanding, please keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got my notification from Sig.

Will probably ship early next week.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Found a hub facility that's open today - got my stuff ready and I'll be dropping it off today.

I hope this makes this excellent gun a more safe, excellent gun. *fingers crossed*
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Found a hub facility that's open today - got my stuff ready and I'll be dropping it off today.

I hope this makes this excellent gun a more safe, excellent gun. *fingers crossed*
View Quote
Dropped off today, expected delivery Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mine too!  

Man I hope mine beats yours.....  
cp
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my email today, which is a little ironic because I was trying to trade the gun off for a cz sp01. Decided I should see the recall through and go from there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine too!  

cp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too!  

cp
Mine’s resting in Memphis today.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool,
 Mine was delivered at Exeter NH friday 20 Oct, hopefully I have it in the next few days.

Free
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Shipped 2 off on 10/16 got one back today 10/24. Luckily the 1 that came back was my carry piece. I was expecting a much longer wait.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shipped 2 off on 10/16 got one back today 10/24. Luckily the 1 that came back was my carry piece. I was expecting a much longer wait.
View Quote
How’s the trigger?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pics brother!  Field strip that girl and let's see the work.  

And yeah, what he said - how's the trigger?  Any double-click when squeezed verrrrry slowly?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too!  

cp
Delivered around 10am today.

Fyi Mad Mike66 posted a good review of his returned/upgraded 320 in GD for those who are interested.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How’s the trigger?
View Quote
Mine was returned this evening. No double click, trigger pull feels the same. The areas where the back of the trigger were solid have been milled out, so the back of the trigger is hollow all the way down.
The thickness of the trigger (looking from the side) has also been reduced. It is about a third of the thickness as it was before.

I marked the position of my sights because I was worried SIG might remove them to do the machining. They were in exactly the same position as when I shipped it, along with the Romeo1 adjustments.

I have heard of some complaining about the milled area under the slide being unfinished. It is a fairly small area, not that noticeable to me. The portion of the slide that strips the rounds from the mag is unfinished,
so I don't see why it was being criticized. I guess some just need a reason to complain.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Unable to submit pics, no double click with the trigger. Does appear to be some milling work in the slide. Put 150rds through it and honestly I can’t tell the difference which is not a bad thing.

Also got notification that my 2nd 320 is on the way.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Unable to submit pics, no double click with the trigger. Does appear to be some milling work in the slide. Put 150rds through it and honestly I can’t tell the difference which is not a bad thing.

Also got notification that my 2nd 320 is on the way.
View Quote
Well, that is very good news.  Have the double click on both of mine and it has caused issues several times when shooting for accuracy.

But yeah, I have seen the pics of that milling and the way it is milled and the lack of finishing makes it look fairly hacky.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I still can't decide if I want to send mine in.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why’s that? It’s not going to wreck anything and it will make it safer.

Nothing to lose unless it’s your only gun imho.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It already has a lighter trigger and the only other major change I see for the fix is in the slide.  It's not my only handgun, but it is the only one I have with a RDS.

I guess I'm just happy with the way it is set up now.  

Then again I am lazy and don't want to bother putting the original trigger back in.

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quick questions for those who have sent their P320s in already:

1: are your labels being emailed to you or are they coming in the snail mail?

2: what size carboard box are you putting your P320 in the original case in?

Honestly I have been fortunate to have purchased pistols post recall status so this is the first time I am sending in a firearm for a recall.

I have my P320 ready to ship, my Gray Gun flat trigger is sitting in a bag in a drawer waiting to be reinstalled once I get my pistol back.

Question for those who got their P320s back:
Did Sig re-lube the pistol or did they leave whatever you put on alone?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#23]
The labels are being sent to your email.  A medium box fit my cases. My two did not look like they were relubed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The labels are being sent to your email.  A medium box fit my cases. My two did not look like they were relubed.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It already has a lighter trigger and the only other major change I see for the fix is in the slide.  It's not my only handgun, but it is the only one I have with a RDS.

Then again I am lazy and don't want to bother putting the original trigger back in.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/11092/p320-324197.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/11092/p320-324197.jpg
Gotcha. Great looking blaster!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#26]
After reading madmike66's review, I decided to ship mine in. Shipped it today, expected delivery to SIG is Monday.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my sig back today. Within a week of sending it in actually.

Trigger is visibly slimmer, can definitely see where they milled into the slide. Also looks like they oiled it a bit.

Mailed in back with a new chamber flag, Manila, sig sticker, and 25% off coupon.

Trigger feels just as good as it did before. I’m looking forward to taking it out this weekend.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine arrived at Sig last Friday (October 20th) for the upgrade.  No notification of completion from Sig yet...
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mine arrived at Sig last Friday (October 20th) for the upgrade.  No notification of completion from Sig yet...
View Quote
Mine's been there a week as of yesterday. No news is good news maybe?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine arrived last Thursday at Sig. However l’m curious about the slide cutout. My FDE slide had a lightening channel already factory milled in the area right in front of where the cutouts are. None of the slides that I’ve seen pictured returned back have that channel, nor are they FDE. Could that account for the quick returns? My slide could be an older gen I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#31]
I shipped 3 of my 4 P320's on Friday 10/20, Sig received on Tuesday this week 10/24, Received Ship notice back to me for 2 of them last night that they shipped yesterday, 10/26. 2 day turnaround..... BAM!
Now, these two, are 9mm's, the 45acp I sent I haven't got anything yet. I am wondering if different calibers have different turnaround times. I see some people above show SIG received and have had them for a week while my 9's turned around in 2 days???

Either way, I was expecting 4-6 weeks which is more than reasonable in my opinion considering the volume they are handling everyday.

Just a curious thought.

I still have not received notification for my LEO/MIL program 9mm to send it in, but IIRC the registration didn't open up for them until about 3 weeks after the initial registration of Civie models?

cp
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#32]
They’re shipping mine back and it should be back to me Monday.

Edit- got notification email at like 2am. Wonder if they added a shift to keep turnaround time short?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I sent both my Sig P320's (Carry with threaded barrel and Compact RX) for the upgrade.  I had them back in one week.

In the case was the new operators manual.

Can you guess which is the older manual and which is the new one that came back with the pistols?????? (for those who can't determine which is which, the new manual is on the left! )

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Strange that people who shipped theirs to Sig AFTER me are getting them back BEFORE me.  Mine is a plain black 9mm compact...
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

from the SIG site

What is the turnaround time to receive my upgraded P320?
For the US Commercial market, once you contact SIG SAUER and register for the process, you will receive an email from us at a later date with a shipping label and instructions as to when you may return your P320. This may take several weeks, as we will need time to prepare for this program. Once your P320 is received at SIG SAUER, turnaround time will be approximately 4-6 weeks. This lengthy process is due to the high volume of pistols in the marketplace. Transit times may vary depending on your geographic location and receipt of your returned pistol.
View Quote
Got mine back today. 1 week and 2 days from when I shipped it.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine came back today, actually yesterday but I was out and missed the FedEx guy, it was nine days total.  Most of that was shipping time.

The trigger is nice and crisp.  Noticeably thinner, and the center module in the trigger group has been replaced,( the black part visible from the rear).  There are a few different parts, and it has the milled out section in the rear of the slide.

I took it out for a quick test fire, and it shoots and is still accurate, and I think the trigger is better than it was.

Back in the holster it goes.  

I'm glad I sent it in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Sent mine in today! So very excited to get it back and into action.

My favorite pistol. Glad to see Sig taking care of it with diligence, no matter what they call it.

Maine to NH, shouldn't take long..

Missing that sweet 357 Sig bang already!
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Got mine back.  Missed the FedEx guy, so I had to pick up.

New parts and the trigger was smooth.  No more double click.  I replaced the new trigger for the X5 flat.  It's still great, no change in pull weight that I can feel.  Very quick turn key.  

If you're on the fence, get off and send it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Howdy folks.  Glad to see SIG is getting these repaired. Are upgraded models in the store yet? Wanting to replacing my aging p250 with a p320 but would prefer to get one already upgraded.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Howdy folks.  Glad to see SIG is getting these repaired. Are upgraded models in the store yet? Wanting to replacing my aging p250 with a p320 but would prefer to get one already upgraded.
View Quote
I think the thin trigger would be a good tell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Really interested to hear how these feel at the range, especially with regards to trigger slap. Couple years ago Sig added weight to the trigger bow to deal with this issue.  Now they've removed it all...and more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#44]
The break on mine is crisp and clean with no hint of slap.  The upgrade made a good trigger better.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think the thin trigger would be a good tell.
View Quote
I agree its easy to spot.  Places I hav echecked don't have any yet.  Was hoping some rumours were floating about on when they would be shipping out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Got mine back today - trigger seems good, looking forward to taking it out to the range.

To answer my own question from another thread, they don't upgrade any other parts. I'll be putting the 2.0 slide stop/release back on. No big, but I'd have liked it if they had taken the opportunity to swap parts to current spec.

9 days from door to door does not suck and they made an excellent pistol even betterer.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok Gents got 2 of my 3 sent in, back today. Missed the FedEx guy so had to pick them up.
As mentioned before I sent 2 9mms and a FS 45 in and just got the 9mms back. I am betting that it has something to do with how the machines are set up.
Still waiting on the Shipping lable for my MIL/LEO one in the below picture but I am sure it is coming in the next 2weeks or so, because as I stated before, the MIL/LEO guns werenot open for submission for about 2 weeks after commercial ones.

Alrighty, I am not posting any pics of the slide because they look as good as the ones above already posted.

Trigger pull in my opinion is better than original, not by much, but on mine at least the trigger is lighter by quite a bit. Pull feels very crisp, possible a little less take up, but is probably negligible and over travel feels noticeably less, almost none.

Accuracy is the same, almost boringly accurate and consistent. Basically "balls on" as normal.

The FDE FS in pic at top has not been sent in yet. This is my MIL/LEO gun.
The bottom two were sent in and received today.

Trigger weights:
Below are 3 pull averages, each gun was done twice. Almost identical both times.

MIL/LEO Gun

FS RX Model:

Compact FDE:

Thanks SIG!
Never doubted your integrity!

cp
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ok Gents got 2 of my 3 sent in, back today. Missed the FedEx guy so had to pick them up.
As mentioned before I sent 2 9mms and a FS 45 in and just got the 9mms back. I am betting that it has something to do with how the machines are set up.
Still waiting on the Shipping lable for my MIL/LEO one in the below picture but I am sure it is coming in the next 2weeks or so, because as I stated before, the MIL/LEO guns werenot open for submission for about 2 weeks after commercial ones.

Alrighty, I am not posting any pics of the slide because they look as good as the ones above already posted.

Trigger pull in my opinion is better than original, not by much, but on mine at least the trigger is lighter by quite a bit. Pull feels very crisp, possible a little less take up, but is probably negligible and over travel feels noticeably less, almost none.

Accuracy is the same, almost boringly accurate and consistent. Basically "balls on" as normal.

The FDE FS in pic at top has not been sent in yet. This is my MIL/LEO gun.
The bottom two were sent in and received today.

Trigger weights:
Below are 3 pull averages, each gun was done twice. Almost identical both times.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7290/QPZ4vP.jpg

MIL/LEO Gun
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/139/DY6Gan.jpg

FS RX Model:
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2620/yuxXQA.jpg

Compact FDE:
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/7738/nenIou.jpg

Thanks SIG!
Never doubted your integrity!

cp
View Quote
Did you check the trigger pull weights before you sent the pistols in? Mine pulled right at 6.5lbs, which is the advertised pull weight by Sig. Are the P320 trigger pull weights that inconsistent?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#49]
My review from after I received mine back (I see it's been referenced a couple times here already):

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Sig-P320-trigger-upgrade-recall-whatever-you-want-to-call-it-results-UPDATE-I-shot-it-/5-2045020/
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Registered mine the first day they started asking for the LE/Mil serial numbers.  We're at the end of October and still waiting for some movement from Sig. Glad to see others are getting their's taken care of. I'm so disappointed with Sig. I've carried their pistols in one form or another for over 20 years...I'm now gravitating towards the S&W M&P for duty use. IMHO, Sig fumbled badly on this 'voluntary recall'.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top