BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't received shit. Besides the initial email after I signed up. 
Something tells me this is gonna stretch well into 2018
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone received a email/shipping label from SIG yet?
I haven't received shit. Besides the initial email after I signed up. 
Something tells me this is gonna stretch well into 2018
Wait- you got an initial email when you signed up?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah. Gimme a bit and I'll find it

ETA
 looks like i was mistaken, i did not get an email from the upgrade, i got one telling me to sign up
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they allowing LE purchases to send theirs in yet?

ETA I see that I can sign up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ETA
 looks like i was mistaken, i did not get an email from the upgrade, i got one telling me to sign up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA
Thanks for checking- I'd really like Sig to have sent a confirmation email out when we signed up!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are they allowing LE purchases to send theirs in yet?

ETA I see that I can sign up.
View Quote
If it's an agency owned gun, it'll be a one for one trade.  They will time it in conjuntion when you do your quals.  If it's a IOP gun that you carry on duty, it's the same, but will require a letter from a supervisor stating as such.  Once that is done, you'll designate where they will ship your new gun to a ffl.  Upon arrival  you send back your old one.  If not, you'll send it back like civillians.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen it mentioned that shipping labels were supposed to start coming out today. I called and spoke to one of the fellows at Sig customer service to see if this was true. He told me they were still working on the final Logistics and, in an effort to make this as smooth as possible, wanted to make sure pistols are at the factory for a minimum amount of time. So at this point it looks like we still have to wait another week or two before the labels will start coming out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've seen it mentioned that shipping labels were supposed to start coming out today. I called and spoke to one of the fellows at Sig customer service to see if this was true. He told me they were still working on the final Logistics and, in an effort to make this as smooth as possible, wanted to make sure pistols are at the factory for a minimum amount of time. So at this point it looks like we still have to wait another week or two before the labels will start coming out.
View Quote
Thanks for the update. 
Honesly im not expecting this process to be fast. It took sig months to send me a firing pin
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the update. 
Honesly im not expecting this process to be fast. It took sig months to send me a firing pin
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the update. 
WTF??? So glad I have a Glock, I took a chance on this P320 and it looks like I might have lost.

If true that's horrible customer service.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WTF??? So glad I have a Glock, I took a chance on this P320 and it looks like I might have lost.

If true that's horrible customer service.
View Quote
Oh it's true. I've posted about it before but here is the cliff notes:

october 2016 I had the firing pin of my MPX break at the range. On the same range trip a screw fell out of the cam-pln travel plate on my MCX. 
This caused the MCX to not cycle correctly. 

First of december a package arrives with a new mpx firing pin, bolt carrier and firing pin spring. Also included was the screw for the MPX   Cam pin travel plate. 
It took another month to get the correct screw for the MCX. 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Edited  

Disappointed about the "drop" issue, yes.

Impatient with the time frame for repair, nope.

Love all 5 of my Sigs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
It never ceases to amaze me how impatient people are in this "Microwave society" we have evolved into. If we do not receive INSTANT gratification from a company then they are ostrasized immediately! No freaking mercy!
Never mind the fact the company has always stood behind the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement and has in the past had a stellar reputation for customer service and quality products. BUT NO MORE I say!
Why should we the consumer have to wait a few weeks for them to put together and implement a plan of action to facilitate an organized and efficient upgrade program for over 300,000 firearms? Why should we have to wait for such a service? Arn't we owed as Americans instant and immediate resolution to any wrong when a huge corporation preys on the public? I say we march on Exeter and burn Sig to the ground!
Who is with me?
Screw Sig!
Glock lives matter, Glock lives matter!
Glock lives matter!

You guys are better than this.
Cp
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Putting cops at the head of the line is a mistake. 
View Quote
Expand on that.  I'm interested to hear your reasoning.
Where did I mention that cops would be first?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, they are getting a new modified pistol.  I dont know the pecking order.  I'm not bothered by it either.  I have plenty of other guns to carry.  
You can't police with an empty holster.  

Do you carry a badge?  Or just anti police?  Do you even own a P320?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:02:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It never ceases to amaze me how impatient people are in this "Microwave society" we have evolved into. If we do not receive INSTANT gratification from a company then they are ostrasized immediately! No freaking mercy!
Never mind the fact the company has always stood behind the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement and has in the past had a stellar reputation for customer service and quality products. BUT NO MORE I say!
Why should we the consumer have to wait a few weeks for them to put together and implement a plan of action to facilitate an organized and efficient upgrade program for over 300,000 firearms? Why should we have to wait for such a service? Arn't we owed as Americans instant and immediate resolution to any wrong when a huge corporation preys on the public? I say we march on Exeter and burn Sig to the ground!
Who is with me?
Screw Sig!
Glock lives matter, Glock lives matter!
Glock lives matter!

You guys are better than this.
Cp
View Quote
So what is a realistic time to fix a known problem?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can't tell you that because I am not running the numbers. But I am pretty sure it is more than the just over 30 days that have passed since this thing blew up.
Like I said before, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. More than 300,000 is the number I heard, it may be more than that, and those pistols were delivered to the public over years so waiting a a couple months or maybe even longer for the upgrade does not bother me in the least.
I for one am still shooting my guns and will continue to do so with full confidence that they are as safe as any other firearm. The odds of me losing control of my firearm and it hitting the ground from greater than 5 feet at exactly a -30 degree angle is just to great for me to worry about. I am more worried about getting shot by an in-experienced new shooter or range cadre at my local range than I am about this non-sense. Yes I have seen some really dumb shit lately on the range.
Again just my opinion, take it or leave it.
Cp
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You stated cops trade in a gun and get a new gun v civilians who apparently send in their gun, it is modified and sent back. You think Sig isn't doing this to ensure cops immediately get a new pistol while the rest of us wait for our original pistols to be modified?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Expand on that.  I'm interested to hear your reasoning.
Where did I mention that cops would be first?
You stated cops trade in a gun and get a new gun v civilians who apparently send in their gun, it is modified and sent back. You think Sig isn't doing this to ensure cops immediately get a new pistol while the rest of us wait for our original pistols to be modified?
I took that as meaning the opposite, Sig has stated they have halted production until the line has been changed for the new design, and I believe they stated they won't be producing new P320s until after the upgrades have been performed on existing pistols, so in order for cops to trade in their current duty weapons for those that have the new trigger design the production line would have to be up and running and producing new pistols which was said won't happen until the upgrades are finished.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I was going to buy two Glock 19's, but they are ridiculously expensive for all but the Gen3's. So I was thinking about maybe buying Sigs instead, but there is no info online about the problem being solved. How do I know if I buy a new p320 it will be fixed or not?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#24]
If you buy a new P320 it won't be with the new trigger setup because they haven't started producing models with the new trigger components yet. The whole production line is shut down until they have all or most if the pistols already in customers hands fixed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can't tell you that because I am not running the numbers. But I am pretty sure it is more than the just over 30 days that have passed since this thing blew up.
Like I said before, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. More than 300,000 is the number I heard, it may be more than that, and those pistols were delivered to the public over years so waiting a a couple months or maybe even longer for the upgrade does not bother me in the least.
I for one am still shooting my guns and will continue to do so with full confidence that they are as safe as any other firearm. The odds of me losing control of my firearm and it hitting the ground from greater than 5 feet at exactly a -30 degree angle is just to great for me to worry about. I am more worried about getting shot by an in-experienced new shooter or range cadre at my local range than I am about this non-sense. Yes I have seen some really dumb shit lately on the range.
Cp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cp
I agree,

I have nothing but good times with my P320, still love the gun but you would think Sig would put out a monthly update.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Kind of surprised to find a big chain gun store with a bunch of 320s out for sale
View Quote
I’m Sure that’s why it’s a “voluntary upgrade” and not a “recall”. If it were a recall there would be dealers sitting on a metric shit ton of products they can’t sell and have to deal with for the recall. 

A upgrade allows them to keep them on the market and sell them. Sig likely didn’t want to piss off dealers a second time. I’ve heard from one dealer late in the summer that still didn’t have parts from the MCX recall. 
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:37:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My local GS has 5- 320's in their case...
View Quote
So they plan on letting the buyer handle the return/upgrade? I don't see that working so well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#31]
My lgs got their notification from sig to send in their stock for the upgrade last week on Wednesday.  They sent in 40 to 50 guns but kept 4 for sell in the case.

Unfortunately for me, I was looking to trade for 45 compact but I was too late.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I emailed the place where I saw 320s for sale and their corporate got back to me and said they were just going to sell them and explain the "voluntary upgrade." I don't think they realized the seriousness of the defect.
View Quote
@aimless That brings up and interesting question and you are the perfect one to ask:

lets say someone buys a 320 from said gun store and the $8.25/hr salesperson failed to mention the “upgrade”
the next day the customer is showing off his new “army issued p320” to his buddies and drops it. It goes off and hits one of them in the balls, effectively castrating the poor, unlucky bastard. 

If mr ballless sues his buddy who dropped it, could the customer in turn sue the gun store who originally sold it to him and didn’t mention the defect?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yes

edit usually everyone in the "stream of commerce" is liable for product liability, although I guess your example would also be more traditional negligence 
https://lawshelf.com/courseware/entry/liability-and-defenses-to-products-liability

Edit2 lawyer would be targeting Sig, deeper pockets ( guy who dropped it maybe has 250k negligence on his homeowners), although the guy who bought it would also be sued
View Quote
That’s kinda what I thought. 
I can’t believe stores still have them on the shelf for purchase
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was shocked 
View Quote
Seems sig is playing a dangerous game by not telling people to stop using them and issue an actual recall 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Seems sig is playing a dangerous game by not telling people to stop using them and issue an actual recall 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was shocked 
I juat asked a guy at the fun store I bought my 320 at about this. They have a good and close relationship with their Sig rep. He said that since Sig is sticking to the voluntary part of the recall they still have all their 320s on the shelves. They have not sent their inventory back for rework.

I was still remotely considering getting a second 320, with the red dot. I'm not sure about that anymore. Looks like a M&P 2.0 longslide for me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I have 3 sigs. The p320, MCX and MPX

I’m about to sell the MPX, I’ll likely keep the 320 and the MCX is form 1’ed. 

I dont forsee buying another sig anytime soon. 
Its one thing to have a problem with a product, I get that. But man up and own it. How problems are handled is as important as features in my buying decisions. 

Everytime ive called sig, they’ve been great on the phone. But it’s always taken at least a month to get parts. 
That bothers me with guns that rely on propitiatory parts. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Movement: got an email from SIG about the recall.

Bulk of the email:

Thank you for successfully registering your P320 for SIG SAUER’s no-cost Voluntary Upgrade Program. It is our goal to keep you informed throughout this process.

We will begin sending information and labels required for returning your P320 throughout October and November. Shipping labels will go out in stages based on when each P320 was registered so you may not see yours immediately.

We would also like to take this opportunity to verify your return shipment information.

Keep in mind that we must have a physical residential address to return your firearm to you (no business or PO Box addresses will be accepted), and an adult over 21 years of age will need to be home to sign for the returned pistol.

The address that we have on file for you is...
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bulk of the email:
View Quote
I note that there's no info on turnaround time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bulk of the email:
They’re just asking for patience.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They’re just asking for patience.
View Quote
Well, at least we're making some progress.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bulk of the email:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bulk of the email:

Thank you for successfully registering your P320 for SIG SAUER’s no-cost Voluntary Upgrade Program. It is our goal to keep you informed throughout this process.

We will begin sending information and labels required for returning your P320 throughout October and November. Shipping labels will go out in stages based on when each P320 was registered so you may not see yours immediately.

We would also like to take this opportunity to verify your return shipment information.

Keep in mind that we must have a physical residential address to return your firearm to you (no business or PO Box addresses will be accepted), and an adult over 21 years of age will need to be home to sign for the returned pistol.

The address that we have on file for you is...
Just got the same email. Still debating with myself about whether to send it in or not. I guess when I get the label I'll be forced to decide.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Seems like a stall tactic to see how many people opt out.
Not me, I am not going anyplace and will gladly wait especially since it is all being done on their dime.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Seems like a stall tactic to see how many people opt out.
Not me, I am not going anyplace and will gladly wait especially since it is all being done on their dime.
View Quote
I don’t see it as a stall tactic at all, personally.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just got the same email. Still debating with myself about whether to send it in or not. I guess when I get the label I'll be forced to decide.
View Quote
Serious question...Why wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Got two of these email messages today:

Dear xxxxx,

The address that we have on file for you is:

Name: xxxxx
Address: xxxxx
City, State, Zip: xxxxx
Serial Number: xxxxx

If this information is incorrect, please call SIG SAUER Customer Service at (603) 610-3000 and select Option 1, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. EST and we will update your information.

Thank you for your patience while we prepare for this upgrade.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kinda want to see what people say about their upgraded pistols. I 'd like someone else to be the guinea pig.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top