Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Signed mine up.  Hopefully they don't remove the DP sights or otherwise mess with it.  Just make it safer.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Long term, this won't affect resale value @ all as long as the new disconnector doesn't FUBAR the trigger pull.  With the recent Army adoption, the 320 is the best competition to Glock in the long term, and I say that as an early Gen 2 Glock 23 adopter, still my EDC.  I was looking to move to a Gen 4 26, but w/ the announcement of the Gen 5, I think I'll wait.  If SIG gets their problems fixed w/ the 320, and if KelTec will bring out a SUB-2000 that takes 320 mags and someone introduces a 320 mag block, I could go 320 instead of Gen 5 26 next year.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if/when new manufacture 320s will have the mods before leaving the factory...

Any word from SIG on that?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder if/when new manufacture 320s will have the mods before leaving the factory...

View Quote
Supposedly Sig stopped manufacturing new guns to prepare for the recall 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I spoke to the LE rep this morning.  They are milling the slide.  Look around Sept. 15 to start..  they are gearing up now.  90 day turn around is their targeted round trip.  They will test and evaluate.  Hopefully  the trigger pull weight will not change.
View Quote
Is that for department-issued guns or IOP guns too?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Got registered earlier this week-Aug 16 I believe
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is that for department-issued guns or IOP guns too?
View Quote
Commercial guns.  IOP, APP, agency issued will be different.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:54:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not surprising.  I'd image they don't have excess CNC machines and operators needed to continue new production, mod all the slides that will be coming back, AND still meet the Army contract delivery requirements.  And I'll bet real money that the Army contract is Priority 1 for the 320 production line.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Found this on SIGTALK

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Y'all aren't gonna end up w/ a MAC-10 trigger kick from that disconnector, are ya?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had two Sig P320s on order from my dealer back in May. He was having trouble getting two exactly alike and the way I wanted them, so after a couple of weeks he called his contact at Sig. ( My dealer used to be in the import / export business with weapons ). His contact at Sig told him to hold off a bit because they were looking at a possible upgrade. This would have been end of May, first week or so of June. He called the contact back in a couple weeks after that, and the contact told him that they were going to be stopping production for a little bit and would resume. The contact never stated that it was for the safety issue, but apparently that was the case.

It was at that point I told my dealer to go ahead put HK in the equation if the Sigs were going to be a long time coming.

Then the drop safety issues came to light, and after seeing that it was actually a problem, and putting two and two together about the halt in production for the upgrades to get online, I went ahead and ordered two HK P30Ls with the LEM trigger.

One is in, came in last week,  and one should be here today or Wednesday.

I still will likely pick up the P320 when the M17 kit comes out for the public in a year or so. I think it will be THE handgun to own, and will be the AR15 of the pistol world.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Those pics that FREEFALLE7 posted are great but man that new lightweight trigger looks flimsy as hell to me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Those pics that FREEFALLE7 posted are great but man that new lightweight trigger looks flimsy as hell to me.
View Quote
I thought the same thing then remembered all of the other pistols I've seen pictures of with even thinner triggers that didn't seem to have any issues. CZ 75 was the first that came to mind.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I had two Sig P320s on order from my dealer back in May. He was having trouble getting two exactly alike and the way I wanted them, so after a couple of weeks he called his contact at Sig. ( My dealer used to be in the import / export business with weapons ). His contact at Sig told him to hold off a bit because they were looking at a possible upgrade. This would have been end of May, first week or so of June. He called the contact back in a couple weeks after that, and the contact told him that they were going to be stopping production for a little bit and would resume. The contact never stated that it was for the safety issue, but apparently that was the case.

It was at that point I told my dealer to go ahead put HK in the equation if the Sigs were going to be a long time coming.

Then the drop safety issues came to light, and after seeing that it was actually a problem, and putting two and two together about the halt in production for the upgrades to get online, I went ahead and ordered two HK P30Ls with the LEM trigger.

One is in, came in last week,  and one should be here today or Wednesday.

I still will likely pick up the P320 when the M17 kit comes out for the public in a year or so. I think it will be THE handgun to own, and will be the AR15 of the pistol world.
View Quote
Sorry man, I have got to call Bluff on that one. Way to conspiratorial.

cp
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
agreed.

Springfield did the same thing with the XDs.. It took 3 months for me to get it back and when I did get it back, the trigger was messed up
I sold it the next day
View Quote
That's what I'm afraid of.  The trigger is ok.  Just ok.  I don't want it coming back worse- heavier and or mushier.  However, maybe with the lighter parts, disconnector, and thumb safety, some aftermarket mfg. will make a lighter spring set.
I'm gonna wait until I hear positive reports.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
How will that differ from the updated 320s?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's what I'm afraid of.  The trigger is ok.  Just ok.  I don't want it coming back worse- heavier and or mushier.  However, maybe with the lighter parts, disconnector, and thumb safety, some aftermarket mfg. will make a lighter spring set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
agreed.

Springfield did the same thing with the XDs.. It took 3 months for me to get it back and when I did get it back, the trigger was messed up
I sold it the next day
What if the lighter parts actually make the trigger better? Just saying, everyone is making assumptions that it might be worse. But if Sig's reputation holds any water at all, its that they generally put out quality firearms and have been known for excellent customer service in the industry. When a company puts out "improved parts" for any firearm, such as Gray Guns, Wilson combat, and other high end manufacturers, what do they always advertise? Lighter, Stronger, high speed parts? When we are talking lighter parts as replacement parts for the P320, my first thought is, will it improve the trigger? I believe it will be at least as good as what we have, but with lighter parts, I think it will improve the pull. BUT, this depends on the actual upgrade and the combination of parts and if they will end up changing anything in the mechanics of the trigger mechanism as well. Speculation to the contrary without a basis for it is really pointless. I for one will be patient and see what kind of product comes out of this upgrade. I know we are all anxious and want our pistols fixed NOW, but come on Gentlemen, lets at the very least give them a chance before condemning them.
cp
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What if the lighter parts actually make the trigger better? Just saying, everyone is making assumptions that it might be worse. But if Sig's reputation holds any water at all, its that they generally put out quality firearms and have been known for excellent customer service in the industry. When a company puts out "improved parts" for any firearm, such as Gray Guns, Wilson combat, and other high end manufacturers, what do they always advertise? Lighter, Stronger, high speed parts? When we are talking lighter parts as replacement parts for the P320, my first thought is, will it improve the trigger? I believe it will be at least as good as what we have, but with lighter parts, I think it will improve the pull. BUT, this depends on the actual upgrade and the combination of parts and if they will end up changing anything in the mechanics of the trigger mechanism as well. Speculation to the contrary without a basis for it is really pointless. I for one will be patient and see what kind of product comes out of this upgrade. I know we are all anxious and want our pistols fixed NOW, but come on Gentlemen, lets at the very least give them a chance before condemning them.
cp
View Quote
I'm not condemning them, but I do have reservations. For example, the disconnector has to be pushed out-of-the-way by the trigger bar. There will be additional friction that. Sig is not going to take the time to mirror-polish all of the bearing surfaces and I sure as hell ain't messing with it. Although it isn't shown in the diagram above, I would also think that there is a spring keeping the disconnector in place so it can't accidently pop out of the way if someone decides to go ape-shit on the back of the slide with a hammer or drop it off a tall building. The disconnector spring will create additional resistance. Shaving a few tenths or hundredths of a gram off of an already light part isn't going to drop the pull by ounces, shorten travel, or improve smoothness. No speculating there. I like Sig because they are good to go out of the box. Although the trigger is better than a Glock, I don't want to spend hundreds on aftermarket parts (whenever those come out) to bring my formerly ok trigger pull back to ok. I'm going to wait on the reports from the guys who rushed to be first.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm wondering if this is related to the trigger sting issue some customers reported right after the pistol's release.

The original design was tested for drop safety and there were no issues
People began to complain about trigger sting.
Sig added mass to the trigger (and maybe other parts) to absorb some of that energy.
Nobody at Sig considered the effect that might have on a dropped pistol

Pure speculation on my part - I just remember the trigger getting an improvement right after they came out but I forget what they called it.

I guess if the sting issue reappears after this upgrade I might be right.

EDIT to update: Adverse Trigger!  I had a different word stuck in my head and 'adverse' was being blocked by it.

So from what I remember, Sig updated the trigger early on to what they called an 'adverse trigger' in an attempt to remedy the trigger sting or trigger slap problem reported by a few customers (mine didn't have this problem).  Looking at the few pictures I can find, this trigger added some mass to the trigger behind where your finger pad would be, and added a flap up near the top.  Could this extra mass have corrected the slap problem and created a new drop problem?  Dunno.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
maybe, but its metal so it might be ok.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if this is related to the trigger sting issue some customers reported right after the pistol's release.

Sig added mass to the trigger (and maybe other parts) to absorb some of that energy.

Pure speculation on my part - I just remember the trigger getting an improvement right after they came out but I forget what they called it.

EDIT to update: Adverse Trigger!  I had a different word stuck in my head and 'adverse' was being blocked by it.

So from what I remember, Sig updated the trigger early on to what they called an 'adverse trigger' in an attempt to remedy the trigger sting or trigger slap problem reported by a few customers (mine didn't have this problem).  Looking at the few pictures I can find, this trigger added some mass to the trigger behind where your finger pad would be, and added a flap up near the top.  Could this extra mass have corrected the slap problem and created a new drop problem?  Dunno.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/SigAdTrig1-288886.JPG
View Quote
has anyone done their own drop test with the original style trigger?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:17:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/SigAdTrig1-288886.JPG
View Quote
This is a concern of mine, since my P320 has pretty bad trigger sting even with the adverse trigger. If it still exists or is worse with the new trigger, I will part ways with the P320.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
To all members, please do not perform ANY kind of "drop test " on the SIG 320 or any other kind of weapon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

has anyone done their own drop test with the original style trigger
?
To all members, please do not perform ANY kind of "drop test " on the SIG 320 or any other kind of weapon
Why not??
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why not??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

has anyone done their own drop test with the original style trigger
?
Why not??
I would think that with all the YouTube videos showing that it is easy to replicate the specific event that it is not necessary to (1) beat up your pistol and (2) expose yourself to a potentially hazardous situation especially if you keep the magazine weighted down with live rounds even though there is a primer-only in the chamber.  Way too easy to brain fart a live round into the pistol.

We know they go bang when dropped at -30 degrees or whacked on the back with a hammer.  We know that ONLY replacing the stock trigger with a lighter unit does not solve the issue so original vs adverse makes no difference on drop safety.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why not??
View Quote
Common sense is not so common.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Any word when the upgrade will be available for pistols purchased through the Leo purchase program?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Any word when the upgrade will be available for pistols purchased through the Leo purchase program?
View Quote
I had to call Sig Monday to register my IOP P320. I was told that I should receive a shipping label in about one month. I was told they may have it for a couple weeks before it is returned. I asked if they would install the upgraded extractor parts and ambidextrous levers while it was there and was advised that they would not and that I would have to ship it back for any additional work. I'm not returning it after I get it back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I would think that with all the YouTube videos showing that it is easy to replicate the specific event that it is not necessary to (1) beat up your pistol and (2) expose yourself to a potentially hazardous situation especially if you keep the magazine weighted down with live rounds even though there is a primer-only in the chamber.  Way too easy to brain fart a live round into the pistol.

We know they go bang when dropped at -30 degrees or whacked on the back with a hammer.  We know that ONLY replacing the stock trigger with a lighter unit does not solve the issue so original vs adverse makes no difference on drop safety.
View Quote
so this does apply to the original style trigger then? i only ask because i have one but im not about to try the drop test. maybe i should ask the guy who did the first video.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

cp
View Quote
Very well said, eaglecp.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
SIG emailed me to tell me about the "upgrade" Since I had done the warranty registration. Mine is a MIL/LEO program gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone received a shipping label yet?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 2:39:24 AM EDT
[#35]
aren't they not contacting people until 15 Sep?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anyone received a shipping label yet?
View Quote
Nope, most who have called CS or who have been called about APP guns have been told it should be Mid September.

It seams like LEO/MIL and Civvie version guns are being handled by different departments? I know there is no physical difference in the guns and I cant confirm this, but it sure does seam like they are dividing the work load out. I cannot imagine the logistical nightmare this is for them. Must be crazy.
cp
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I had to call Sig Monday to register my IOP P320. I was told that I should receive a shipping label in about one month. I was told they may have it for a couple weeks before it is returned. I asked if they would install the upgraded extractor parts and ambidextrous levers while it was there and was advised that they would not and that I would have to ship it back for any additional work. I'm not returning it after I get it back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geez Sig... updating parts to latest spec would go a long way to fix perceptions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Geez Sig... updating parts to latest spec would go a long way to fix perceptions.
View Quote
I agree, but I bet they are going to setup up a very specific line for handling these "upgrades" only.    Also considering that there are 500,000 guns to be "upgraded", they will want to simplify the process as much as possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I agree, but I bet they are going to setup up a very specific line for handling these "upgrades" only.    Also considering that there are 500,000 guns to be "upgraded", they will want to simplify the process as much as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree. Just doing the bare minimum and hoping people will forget is not going to fix perceptions is all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I bought a uses legion and emailed sig if I could get access to the legion junk. No response. I emailed them one other time about something else, no response 
View Quote
There goes my daydream of swapping regular parts in my 226 with Legion parts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't disagree. Just doing the bare minimum and hoping people will forget is not going to fix perceptions is all.
View Quote
And I agree with you... But, I have a feeling that they are just trying to mitigate this issue as quickly as they can and are counting on the cool-factor of the army contract to make people forget.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#43]
If I could I would wait until the mechanics of recall are sorted out and refined before I sent my unit in.
Having been involved more than a few recalls there is normally a period of reality and engineering conflict before real world results are optimized.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I bought a uses legion and emailed sig if I could get access to the legion junk. No response. I emailed them one other time about something else, no response 
View Quote
I've never been able to find a customer service email address. So I've always called, what email did you use?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I could I would wait until the mechanics of recall are sorted out and refined before I sent my unit in.
Having been involved more than a few recalls there is normally a period of reality and engineering conflict before real world results are optimized.
View Quote
I couldnt agree more.
cp
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I offered to pay for them to install the upgraded parts while it is there. I don't expect them to do it for free. I just have no interest in shipping it back again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone received a email/shipping label from SIG yet?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
I haven't received shit. Besides the initial email after I signed up. 
Something tells me this is gonna stretch well into 2018
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was last told by a LE rep that they are kicking off 9/15.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top