Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2017 10:35:01 AM EDT
Why can't Sig consistently regulate the damn sights on their pistols?

I currently have 5 Sig pistols and every single one of them required a different combination of front and rears to "zero".
The only one that hit where it was supposed to at 25Y out of the box was my 320 compact.
My M11A1 was way high, P229R was way low, SigPro 9 was slightly low, 320 SubC was slightly high.

This isn't a case of Sig's not shooting to my preferred sight picture (yes, I know all about the Sig "combat sight picture").
This is about the inconsistency in sight pictures from the factory.

Grrrr...
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Brother I hear you

I get the Sig & HK "combat sight".  They are no 1911 or even CZ style of sighting.

Although I'm getting adjusted to them.......center but low

I'm at my wits end with my P220 Combat. @ 15 yards I cover the upper chest yet blow the paper targets groin off
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll say I've noticed this too. Everyone talks about how they're made for a combat 'cover be target with the dot' sight picture, but mine never shot like that. I could shoot them amazingly, so it wasn't me. I have a 226 that shoots a perfect POA/POI '#2' sight picture, and had a 229 that shot high in more of an old school bullseye style '#3' sight picture. Both my Sig 1911's shoot POA/POI, however I've heard this is by design with their 1911 line.

I've noticed this variance with other manufacturers as well. Some of my Glocks shot perfect, some high, and some low, but never too far off either way maybe 1-2" max at 10yd. I once had a Beretta M9A1 that shot so low it hit almost at the base of the front sight.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I previously owned two P220's that were a little difficult. My current P226R .40 is spot on a 25 yards with SIG night sights.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the same problem with my combat as well. I am going to start aiming at the head and hope to hit the chest to see if that helps. If not i am getting a different front sight. Its definitely hard going from a 6 o'clock hold to a combat hold.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep. 226 low, 938 high, and m11 low and to the left.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I dunno, mine all seem pretty ballpark, at least if I tailor the load between 125 and 147 grain ammo.   I used to be a non believer of the combat hold and demanded the 6 O'clock hold, but the combat hold is definitely faster in putting rounds on man size targets in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#7]
My P220 is the same way. My 228 & 226 are the typical 6 o'clock sight acquisition.  The 220 is 12 o'clock. Combat pistol range they're all good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top