Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/22/2017 5:23:14 PM EDT
I haven't seen this posted on arfcom yet but it appears the ICE selection that has been rumored for a few months is official.  These will be purchased in the Compact configuration.  

No word yet on when the first guns are to be received but I imagine we'll see initial deliveries soon.  

SIG is really stepping up their game with the 320.  While not a DoD contract the ICE contract is still a nice feather in SIG's cap.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I haven't seen this posted on arfcom yet but it appears the ICE selection that has been rumored for a few months is official.  These will be purchased in the Compact configuration.  

No word yet on when the first guns are to be received but I imagine we'll see initial deliveries soon.  

SIG is really stepping up their game with the 320.  While not a DoD contract the ICE contract is still a nice feather in SIG's cap.
View Quote

Source?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Source?
View Quote

An ICE employee.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus. I'll never find what I want now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#4]
They will be in short supply soon . most dealers around here can not find any to order in for guys. They are high on their mag prices and the grip modules are real hard to find . I have two a 320 L/E compact and a late build full size in 9mm and they are flawless .
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They will be in short supply soon . most dealers around here can not find any to order in for guys. They are high on their mag prices and the grip modules are real hard to find . I have two a 320 L/E compact and a late build full size in 9mm and they are flawless .
View Quote

Yeah I think there will be some growing pains for us 320 fans wanting more accessories for a while. However, I think this will be good in the long run. It's definitely gonna be a more popular platform, so I'm hoping manufacturers like Magpul can come out with some interesting grip designs. And hopefully mecgar can make cheaper mags in the near future. And it would be great to have a steady supply, and cheaper, conversion kits and threaded barrels and whatnot...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Magpul can come out with some interesting grip...
View Quote

What about a Magpul grip module that accepts Magpul Glock mags? That ought to solve expensive proprietary mag issues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe  the 320 is replacing the 229 DAK.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.  I wonder which other DHS agencies are going to follow?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Possibly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I believe  the 320 is replacing the 229 DAK.
View Quote
It is the new ICE weapon and it will be replacing the 229 DAK - most HSI line agents are fed up with the DAK trigger, which is why apparently most of them trade in for a Glock POW (Personally owned Weapon)

i heard the same thing from an ICE/HSI guy in their firearms section at Ft. Benning.  he said a public announcement was supposed to be out this week - he actually thought it was already out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What about a Magpul grip module that accepts Magpul Glock mags? That ought to solve expensive proprietary mag issues.
View Quote

Glock mags are too wide at the top to fit through the fcu, but M9, 226 or BHP mags should be very doable
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would love for the USCG to drop the P229 DAK and use the DHS contact to get the P320. That's not going to happen though.

I think the P320 is going to have a very big future due to the Army (which means eventually the rest of DoD), DHS, and a ton of State and Local PDs.

The only real "loss" at this point was the FBI trials, which may have provided performance feedback SIG used to pick up the MHS and DHS contracts.

ETA: Like it or not, the P320 is now a relevant handgun. Everything but Glocks and P320s will "also-rans".

Here's the Pistol Forum thread:
It's Official SIG P320C is the new ICE /HSI duty gun
View Quote
wow someone took a screenshot of their instranet.  That's a pretty good way to lose your job at ICE.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Screen shot posted on pistol forum.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I was hoping our agency got the 320, but we piggy-backed on the FBI contract, so G19Ms will replace our Sigs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Poor schmucks over at CBP/BP will be stuck with the P2000 for a long time.  There are still a TON of new guns sitting at Harpers Ferry.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was hoping our agency got the 320, but we piggy-backed on the FBI contract, so G19Ms will replace our Sigs.
View Quote
DS?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Poor schmucks over at CBP/BP will be stuck with the P2000 for a long time.  There are still a TON of new guns sitting at Harpers Ferry.
View Quote

CBP has used that gun for ten years.  I'd imagine the supplies have to be getting pretty low.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess this won't affect availability of the full size model. I already have 2 P320 compacts, but would like to add a full size later this year.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#20]
My spur of the moment purchase of a 9mm Carry is looking better and better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Do didn't Beretta go through the same thing after DoD adoption? I was a kind then but I seem to r call reading that a bunch of federal, state and local agencies adopted the M9.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do didn't Beretta go through the same thing after DoD adoption? I was a kind then but I seem to r call reading that a bunch of federal, state and local agencies adopted the M9.
View Quote

Yes, very much so.  The switch to nines by LE had begun several years prior, but the M9 adoption kicked it into high gear.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Early February at the Great American Outdoor Show, the SIG rep said that consumer sales of the P320 had already surged after the announcement that the Army had picked the P320. He said there will be two production lines. One running for government sales and a separate line just for consumer sales. How that will affect particular models that will be available at any time is anyone's guess.

This was before the recent ICE announcement.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

CBP has used that gun for ten years.  I'd imagine the supplies have to be getting pretty low.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite the opposite.  Not to mention warehouses full of spare parts and magazines
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quite the opposite.  Not to mention warehouses full of spare parts and magazines
View Quote

Where are you getting this info?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#26]
If anyone is looking kygunco has them in stock on sale I bought a full size last night for 499
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Where are you getting this info?
View Quote
CBPOs and BPAs that work at the ATC... 

Some posters here might happen to visit the ATC on a quarterly basis (or more). 

Also, it's been longer than ten years.  OFO made the switch at the beginning of FY06 (aka October 2005).  But, as the other guy said - there are thousands of new/unissued pistols in stock still.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#28]
How many law enforcement personnel does CBP have? Something like 55,000 if I'm not mistaken. So "thousands" of pistols in a warehouse could be something like a 5% reserve to replace guns that are worn out, broken, or otherwise damaged during the course of business. Also, depending on how many and when President Trump gets his new hiring agenda started, I imagine the warehouse full of pistols will empty out pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How many law enforcement personnel does CBP have? Something like 55,000 if I'm not mistaken. So "thousands" of pistols in a warehouse could be something like a 5% reserve to replace guns that are worn out, broken, or otherwise damaged during the course of business. Also, depending on how many and when President Trump gets his new hiring agenda started, I imagine the warehouse full of pistols will empty out pretty quickly.
View Quote

There are something around 50k LEOs in the agency.  Two-thirds of which will never have the opportunity to have a "worn out, broken or otherwise damaged" weapon.

I was last told there are over 10k unissued P2000s.  CBP Field Ops is supposed to hire 2000 new officers a year since 2012 or so... they are nowhere near those numbers.  It's not much better for the Border Patrol component.  The hiring process is broken and attrition is high.  Those pistols will last a long time as it seems they'd rather recycle old weapons and issue them to new officers/agents.

Trump's proposed hiring numbers for ICE and CBP are a pipedream.  I'll eat my hat if they can come anywhere close to those numbers.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Negative, it's lower and will hit critical with 5k new PAs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those 5,000 additional agents with take 7-8 years to hire and keep in place.  BP can't even fill the manning for their current authorized personnel
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Those 5,000 additional agents with take 7-8 years to hire and keep in place.  BP can't even fill the manning for their current authorized personnel
View Quote
Exactly.

They'll be lucky to keep up with attrition...  All those BPAs will try and jump ship to DRO!  LOL
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

as it seems they'd rather recycle old weapons and issue them to new officers/agents.
View Quote

So CBP is issuing out used guns to new hires while brand new P2000's are sitting in some big warehouse?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So CBP is issuing out used guns to new hires while brand new P2000's are sitting in some big warehouse?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

as it seems they'd rather recycle old weapons and issue them to new officers/agents.

I do not believe that is accurate at all. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
New?  No.  Yes for transfers and others coming from unarmed assignments. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Talked to an agent today, an agent that is in the firearms cadre at ATC...  He said 8-10K, with no new weapon in the pipeline, let alone in the solicitation phase.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:33:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

CBP which is 80% of the gun carriers in DHS will be carrying the P2000 for a while. There is a warehouse full of them fuckers still.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#38]
LOL.  How did we manage to turn this thread into a discussion on how many P2000's CBP has?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are they in LEM?

If so, It could test the Pistol-forum.com theory all handgun threads, given long enough, will become a discussion on LEM.
View Quote

I heard CBP wants the 320 with the LEM trigger....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
LOL.  How did we manage to turn this thread into a discussion on how many P2000's CBP has?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Post #10
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:28:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Post #10
View Quote

Oh, I saw the post. Just wondering why we aren't discusing what other guns ICE may or may not have tested. Or when ICE will take delivery or who is likely to protest the award, etc.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#43]
I can see why other agencies and departments would like the logistucs advantages of the P320.

Someone already posted this in another thread, but the "modularity" that the Army benefits from with the P320 is different from the "modularity" that civilians benefit from. It's not modular in the sense that everyone who gets issued a P320 will get to customize their gun like some kind of video game.

The fact that the serialized component is a seperate internal piece means that serious damage issues to the grip, which in other handguns would require the gun being sent up to higher echelon maintainence or possibly disposed of and replaced with another brand new gun, can now be addressed by simply swapping out a $20-$30 part.

I honestly think that the P320 is soon going to dethrone Glock as the most common police pistol.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I honestly think that the P320 is soon going to dethrone Glock as the most common police pistol.
View Quote
Glock got on that throne by being cheap, not the best.  The really big agencies buy on price, not merit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Glock got on that throne by being cheap, not the best.  The really big agencies buy on price, not merit.
View Quote
That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Price should completely factor in especially in huge purchases like the army procurement.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Price does factor in, but it's certainly not the only factor. Glocks are cheap but also very reliable and accurate.

SIG will have to meet that threshold if it's going to challenge Glock for the throne.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
P320s aren't exactly expensive guns.
View Quote
Nope.  If the rumors are true the Army is paying $207 per pistol.  I'm sure that's without any mags or any other accessories but, from a taxpayer standpoint, I think that's great.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Ordered my 320C 9mm today, Couple days and it will be in my hands.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nope.  If the rumors are true the Army is paying $207 per pistol.  I'm sure that's without any mags or any other accessories but, from a taxpayer standpoint, I think that's great.  
View Quote
Do you know if they're getting the tritium night sights?

They could probably save a pretty penny if they bought slides with contrast sights and no red dot cutout for issue to people who aren't really going into combat, and then only have slides with the tritium sights and MAYBE the red dot cutout for special cases.

Tbh if it were up to be I would get rid of the sight plate on the xm17. It's an extra thing that Sig has to do and therfore charge more for and it's another part for Sgt Dummy to fuck with and misplace. And does anyone seriously think the Army is ever going to start issuing RMRs on sidearms? I could MAYBE see special forces using RMRs on pistols, but they use whatever guns they want anyway, so why pay more for red dot cutouts on a mass issue sidearm?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top