Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 10:13:42 AM EDT
Just got a chance to pull the gun down and grease it, and I have to say, it was almost bone dry. There was a little oil on the outside of the barrel and the slide rails, but none on the frame rails, or springs, or internals, etc.  

After a liberal coating of black marine grease, it feels even better than it did in the store.

The only real downside is the plastic grips, but optics planet has the hogue g10's on sale.

The Romeo was set a few clicks off to the right from the iron sights, but it is really easy to move with the tool.

I am really hoping it was the dot that was off and not the irons, because mounting my sight tool will require removing the Romeo, unless I want to take my chances with a drift punch.  

I'm still not completely sold on 3 dot irons, and prefer the dot over line, but whatever, they are bright and do their damn job.

The Romeo comes on quickly and has a lot of brightness adjustment, but if you are all the way up, that means a lot of button mashing to go all the way down. The ends of the spectrum don't roll over, and you have to hold either button for off, but the auto on/off is nice and fast.

The trigger has a little take-up and then breaks clean, the reset is a baited breath and as noticeable as the sound of your highschool girlfriends bra snap.

Now I need to hunt down a holster for this thing because none of my existing holsters will fit it, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics or it did not happen.......
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics or it did not happen.......
View Quote

FPNI

Try a 5.11 Thumb drive holster
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm on mobile right now, and I only have the one quick shot I took in the parking lot yesterday evening.

I'm hoping to have some time to set up and take some good pictures this afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Out of all the Hogue G10's , the 'chain links' are my favorite.  It's a very aggressive texture and gives you a great positive contact in a sweaty hand.

Are you looking for IWB or OWB?  Kydex or something else?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Out of all the Hogue G10's , the 'chain links' are my favorite.  It's a very aggressive texture and gives you a great positive contact in a sweaty hand.

Are you looking for IWB or OWB?  Kydex or something else?
View Quote

OWB, inside just isn't that comfortable to begin with and I can't imagine trying to shove this thing inside of my pants.

I'm really looking for two different holsters, a simple leather belt slide that will accommodate just the gun with the dot mounted, and a kydex rig that can handle the fun with the optic and an inforce all mounted, but that might be putting me into custom kydex to get ahold of one on a reasonable timeline.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top