Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2002 4:51:27 AM EDT
I'm the proud owner of a p239.

I will try to get to the range this weekend for a range report.

The "night sights" look awsome.

Im really excited, as this is my first sig.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
But where is the range report son? And pictures, we need pictures.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Ask and ye shall receive.....(almost)

I went to the range yesterday and shot 100 rnds
the first 50 I put into one target at about 15 feet. I put 43 into the 10 ring 6 in the 9 ring and one in the 8 ring.  After that I took the other 50 rnds and tried to shoot weak handed and tried to shoot some head shots.

I put 10 of the 25 weak handed shots into the
10 ring and the rest in the 9, 8, and 7 rings.

Then I put the target at 25 feet and tried some head shots.  I put 7 of the 25 in the head.  

Usually the first round went a little high and to the right.  I'm assuming I was "pulling" the trigger for the first shot (double action) instead of "squeezing" it.

I don't have a digital camera or scanner so no pics, sorry.

qwk
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ask and ye shall receive.....(almost)

I went to the range yesterday and shot 100 rnds
the first 50 I put into one target at about 15 feet. I put 43 into the 10 ring 6 in the 9 ring and one in the 8 ring.  After that I took the other 50 rnds and tried to shoot weak handed and tried to shoot some head shots.

I put 10 of the 25 weak handed shots into the
10 ring and the rest in the 9, 8, and 7 rings.

Then I put the target at 25 feet and tried some head shots.  I put 7 of the 25 in the head.  

Usually the first round went a little high and to the right.  I'm assuming I was "pulling" the trigger for the first shot (double action) instead of "squeezing" it.

I don't have a digital camera or scanner so no pics, sorry.

qwk

Not to shabby there. i guess it must be working for you.

The answer to your pull on the first shot is dry fire. Go ahead and just plain practice that first trigger pull. There's no problem dry firing SiGs all day long and the more you do, the better you'll get on that first shot. Pretend that it's a revolver and just pull straight through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top