Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 3:49:29 AM EDT
I stopped by to get some ammo yesterday and there was this really nice looking S&W Model 520 in the case. i hadn't seen a 520 in years so I leaned down for a closer look and...

there was an unfired Model 27 sitting right beside it. Once I wiped the drool stain off the glass I started negotiating. Some how he could see that I really wanted that gun. I wonder how he knew?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Surely there is another way to get this gun without giving up another gun! You wouldn't sell one child to get another!

Are you kidding? I was the oldest of seven kids. If I could have gotten an offer...

The problem with the 2340 was 40S&W and 357SiG. I just could never really find a use for them. They were just almost rounds. Almost as good as the 357Mag or almost as good as the 45acp, so why have them when you can have the real thing?

I still love my SiGPro 2009. As a 9mm it's just plain fantastic. But if I ever came across a model 25-2...

It followed me home. I am officially out of the 40S&W and 357SiG business.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sweet. 3 1/2" barrel? The bluing(at least in the picture) looks good, not worn on the cylinder or anything.

A friend of mine who is a state policeman loves his Glock but thought that it doesn't inspire quite the same "pucker factor" as when he pulled out his .357.

Never fired. It's the 4" barrel. I'm gradually seing my semi-automatics go away. They just aren't as fast, accurate or reliable as the wheelguns. I guess it's just back to basics. I doub't that I'll ever be semi-free, I can't imagine being without my SiG 230, 225, my HPs or P-38, but I think most of the others are just gonna have to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top