Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2002 5:26:42 PM EDT
I was going to get a Beretta 92FS, it was 399 at this one shop.
I then went shoppng around, gashed my thumb open
on a stupid f**king Smith & Wesson
and saw this P226 for $399 w/1 15rnd Hi-Cap Sig brand mag!
It's not got much wear, just scuffy grips.
Did I do good? Oh, I check the on this one website, my markings say it's a 1990.

Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You did good Grasshopper. Now take all the money you saved and buy lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell yeah man. I'd of bought it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You always do good when you pick a SIG, and saving a couple of hundred bucks is the iceing on the cake. Welcome to the SIGaholoic club,    now    whats the next SIG going to be  ??????

That same shop had another P226, but it was slightly smaller.
The guy said it was a model that has been discontinued. He said it was a model the FBI used to offer as issue instead of the Glock.
It was $449 w/ 1 12rnd Sig mag.

I thought about getting it first, but the one
I got w/the larger frame fit better in my hand.

If they still have it next month (doubt it) I
will buy it.

5/6: took another look at that other Sig I mentioned.
It's a 228. I still may get it. I don't know if the whole "discontinued" thing is true,
but it's a nice gun anyway.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, you did real good on the P226 at $399.  The P228 9mm has been merged into the P229, which was originally the same size as the P228 9mm, but offered first in 40 S&W and then 357 Sig, if I recall correctly.
That's a good price also.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You always do good when you pick a SIG, and saving a couple of hundred bucks is the iceing on the cake. Welcome to the SIGaholoic club,    now    whats the next SIG going to be  ??????

That same shop had another P226, but it was slightly smaller.
The guy said it was a model that has been discontinued. He said it was a model the FBI used to offer as issue instead of the Glock.
It was $449 w/ 1 12rnd Sig mag.

I thought about getting it first, but the one
I got w/the larger frame fit better in my hand.

If they still have it next month (doubt it) I
will buy it.

5/6: took another look at that other Sig I mentioned.
It's a 228. I still may get it. I don't know if the whole "discontinued" thing is true,
but it's a nice gun anyway.

Some SiGAHolic 101

There is only one size 226. No matter what they told you, all 226's are the same full size fram. There is the 225 which is smaller and a single stack magazine. Here is the 226 and the 2009 which is the SiGPro line, polyframe 9mm.

Here is the 225 and the 2009.

There are two real compacts, the 232 which is a 380 and the 239 which looks like the other Sigs...

Here is the 230.

there is the 220 45acp that is the same size as the 226 but a single stack, and the 228 and 229. There is a compact 45acp which is the 245.

We'll be glad to help guide you through along the Path to Enlightenment through Acquisition of SiGs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help!
The pix help out too.
So, should I get the 228? The SIGARMS website
still shows it as an LE pistol.
I guess used would be the only way to get it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, you did real good on the P226 at $399.  The P228 9mm has been merged into the P229, which was originally the same size as the P228 9mm, but offered first in 40 S&W and then 357 Sig, if I recall correctly.
That's a good price also.

So, I guess he was telling me the truth of the 228 being "discontinued" then? I still see it listed in the LE pistol section on the SIGARMS website....
If it is discontinued, then not only would I be getting a quality gun, but one that may rise in resale value too?
They had like 5 P228s.......
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]
None of the SiGs are being discontinued. None of the SiGs are LE only.

The problem is that SiG is a low volume, high quality manufacturer. When they get a contract, it often takes all of their production for that particular model. Right now they have a big European contract on the 225 (it's the one that was made just for your hand) and several large US contracts for the 228, 2340 in 357SiG and the 229. This means that availability will be spotty. But they are all still out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top