Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2002 5:40:35 AM EDT
I get my first glock this weekend.  It's a brand new bouncing glock 23.  I can't wait.  Time is standing still.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome , In the .40 I have a 27 and a 22C.
I think you will like the 23.

Now , any mods in the future?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on your new family member. In the very near future I will be getting a new handgun and a G27 is one of my top choices. I have never owned a Glock, but for the money it seems like a good choice. My other choice would be a USP-40, I like the feel of them but the price is a little high for me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Mods?  I haven't even starting thinking mods, but what is the first one you guys would recomend?  And what ammo will work best.  I heard something about some ammo damaging the octigonal barrel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice choice on the Glock 23, Crappybob.  I have a Glock 32 which is nearly identical to your Glock 23 except chambered in .357 Sig.  I love it.  Actually, I have a factory Glock 23 barrel for my Glock 32 that allows me to fire .40 S&W whenever I want too.

The only mods I'd recommend if your new Glock 23 isn't already coming with them is either Trijicon or Meprolight 3-dot night sights.  They are a very worthwhile upgrade.

Any factory .40 S&W ammo will work great in your G23, that's what's so nice about Glocks.  They are stone cold reliable.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT fire lead bullets or reloads through your Glock.  Firing reloads will void your warranty and lead bullets will foul your barrel due to the polygonal rifling.  Glock and H&K USPs have this type of rifling in their barrels for the explicit reason of squeezing maximum velocity out of ammo for a given barrel length.  Lead fouling will create a dangerous situation for a Glock, don't do it.

Lastly, for fun, buy a .357 Sig barrel someday and try it out.  The .357 is awesome in the medium Glocks.  Full .357 Magnum power out of a small autopistol rocks!

Again, good luck and excellent choice!

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
this waiting is killing me............

tick....
tick....

tick.....

tick.....

AHHHHHH!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I don`t like the finger grooves so for
me a slip on grip is a must.
And if you don`t like the trigger pull you
can always change the connector to 3.5lbs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I too have a 2nd gen G19 and prefer the houge slip on grips, but I do miss the rails on the medium to large frame Glocks that come on the 3rd gen.  Oh well.  Those grips can be a pain to put on, but I say that makes them harder to slip and come off.  Can anyone tell me if they have had to replace their houge grips due to age and slippage?  Mine does seen to slide around more often lately, but I have had it on the gun for almost seven years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at the Pheonix gun show last weekend and my friend talked a guy out of his G23 with night sights, all brand new for $425....bastard won't sell it to me!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:47:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I got it, it rules.  It is everything I thought it would be.  Well built, easy to take apart and clean, accurate, loud and cool!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Alright Crappybob! You got a good one there in the Glock 23. It's been on my short list for awhile now. If I can stop buying long guns maybe I'll pick up one this year.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats of the purchase of your 1st Glock and welcome to the Glock family. Did you get it with nitesights or not?

Jamie
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:29:04 AM EDT
[#12]
No night sights yet.  they will be on there someday.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT fire lead bullets or reloads through your Glock.  Firing reloads will void your warranty....

I have to disagree on the firing of reloads.  While it is true that it can void your warranty this is done more of a CYA thing by Glock than as a legitimate reason not to reload.  If you have decent equipment, use good quality components, pay close attention to what you're doing, and use reloading data from a reputable source the you should be fine.

Another great source for Glock info is www.glocktalk.com
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, the lead bullets are a definite no-no, and as for reloads, I'm sure if done right they're OK, but proceed at your own risk because as stated this voids your factory warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top