Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2003 11:24:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Russ, are you sure there is corrosion in it? That tennifer is tought stuff. They use Glocks to dive with as shark protection. If so, get some JB Bore paste, a patch and an old bore brush. Then scrub the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen some minor pitting in the barrel before, if it doesn't affect accaracy I would not worry about it.

Just clean the barrel out really good. JP bore paste, or butches bore shine with a brass brush will clean out all the gunk out of the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Your barrel is probably OK, but for $99 a new aftermarket one can be had in .400 Cor-Bon, .45ACP or in an extended dual comp. version.
These are rifled for lead bullets.
WWW.Glock-1.com
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Various places such as Lone Wolf Supply also will sell new factory barrels as well if that is what you prefer. I have seen old 1911 military barrels that were pitted pretty badly still shoot just fine with jacketed or hard cast lead loads, however...heck, I've seen bulged barrels that shot more accurately than new ones on both revolvers and autos...not common but not unheard of either. I would clean the snot out of it again and not worry about it...it'll still easily shoot "minute of bad guy" out to 100 yards!

www.lonewolfdist.com/
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Replace the crappy glock barrel with a jarvis. Go to jarviscustom.com.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:42:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#8]
the same thing happened to my glock 21. this thing was pitted from one end to the other. it wasn't the finish wearing off, this was pitted. i have heard of others g21 barrels pitting also. mine are kept in a safe loaded with silica gel. it's dry in there. i only shoot reloads with Vihta Vuori powder so i know that ain't the cause. my 23,19 and g30 didn't do this at all. only the G21. they must have done a poor job of tennifer treating the metal. glockmeister is where i bought a factory replacment barrel for it. this one has not pitted, yet. i am going to order a stainless steel match barrel from KKMprecision for it . i have one for my G23 40s&w and it is a great barrel.it is extremely accurate. and the tight chamber keeps the 40 brass from looking like it's going to rupture at the case head. i have shot a couple thousand through this barrel and haven't had a malfunction of any kind.
factory barrel from glockmeister=$130.00, KKM stainless steel match barrel from KKMprecision=$165.00
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I polished the hell out of the barrel with a bronze brush, and it got most of the corrosion out of there, it seems to shoot fine now...still interested in getting some kind of replacement barrel with a built in comp perhaps.

IPSC bastard! Stop worrying about the barrel. Next time I see you I'll give you some JB Bore Paste.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top