Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 7:15:20 AM EDT
Ok I've adjusted sites, I've bench shot,and bench-rest shot.

My favorite little 19 is 6 inches left of POA at 25 yards. I feel that should be the maximum range to seriously practice. I have a Beretta and Colt that hits pop cans at 50 yards.

Will a new barrel or barrel and slide bring my Glock back in the picture? I bought it used.

Granted the Glock barrel is 1 inch shorter than my Beretta and 4 shorter than Colt; but still it should be able to take out a pop can at 25 yards.

I'm I asking to much of it?

Time for a new carry gun?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
This gun should easily shoot three inch groups at 25yd. with good ammo and POA should not be off by that much if you know how to adjust the rear sight. (move it the same way you want the bullet to go) That is not a flame...just a FYI.

I suspect something else...like a bent front sight, or a cracked frame rail, etc. is causing this IF it is mechanical. Have you tried letting someone else shoot it? If you are "cross eye dominant" that could be an issue if you are switching eyes when shooting...but it is usually intermittent, not constant. The Glock's trigger action is different from the other guns for sure, so maybethat is a problem as well?

Diagnosing this stuff over the intertnet is almost impossible. Try placing a little more finger on the Glock trigger and sort of "ooching" (technical term...Ha!) it off of the sear rather than using the center of the tip of the finger as with a 1911, etc. and see if that helps.

The slightly shorter barrel is not the problem. If all else fails, you might send it back to Glock to be checked...for sure if it has less that 100,000 rounds through it, it ain't worn out!

Good luck
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
2 other people have shot it and remarked it shot left. I had adjustable site installed, by an glock armomor,no help.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the slide off and look...under magnification if possible...at the frame rails. If one is cracked, this could be a cause, but sometimes such cracks are very hard to spot or to tell from things like mould lines, etc. which are fine.

What are you using for ammo? Hopefully not lead reloads, etc. but even so, the fact that it is consistently shooting left, only, is an indication of something else, I think. I assume this is left-center and not the dredded "low left" huh?

Maybe have the same Glock armorer who put the sight on check it out for you?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
First thing to do is check the fraim rails, and the locking block. Last thing to do is to replace the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies. That's exactly what I'll do . I bought this for the wife; but, it found a home with me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
a man bought a most accurate kimber availabe on the market.  he shoots it and complain he can't hit nothing at 25 yards.  the gun shop takes him outback and test it with good result.  they call him back to the range to see how he shoot it.  go figure, he can't barely see where the target is, let alone hit it.  :>)
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Many shooters who are new to the Glock shoot to the left of point of aim. You should beable to adjust the rear sight to the right to get it sighted in. Have an experienced Glock shooter try it as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top