Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 6:27:46 PM EDT
Is this a good first gun for me? I have an opportnity to buy a NIB for a very reasonable price. It may be my CCW when I turn 21, and will probably be the gun I use for my CCW class. Whats the good and bad on this weapon?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would suggest you go with a 19. I have a 27 but it's a safe queen. My 19 is carried daily.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry the 26 with cor-bons, I get pretty quick double taps with it, and for 10 yards combat range plus concealability, it gets my vote, I love it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry my 26 daily it was my first Glock and I love it. There is also grip extensions out there that replace the floor plate of the mag so your pinky will have a spot to rest. They also have mag extensions that do the same but also up the capaticy from +1 to even +6 but I think putting those on would be making a new high-cap mag and is a no no
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Had one, loved it.  The grip issue can easily be overcome by a Pearce Grip Extension.  Replaces the mag floor plate and gives an extra groove for your pinky.

Toss a Lasermax in there and you're golden!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget the Houge grip!

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
My first handgun pruchase - I got this one over the 19 and do not regret the decision. It conceals very well in a sidearmor IWB holster and has been 100 percent reliable from first shot. Right now I have put about 600 down the tube.

However, I could not resist a great deal on a 19 when it came around a few months later.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Generally a sub compact like the glock 26 is not a very good first pistol. Generally for a first pistol you want a full size pistol. The longer sight radius makes it easier to shoot accurately and the larger mass does alot to absorb felt recoil.

If your determined and dedicated you'll learn to shoot any pistol well. You will be at a disadvantage starting with a sub compact though. I recommend getting qualified instrustion. Most gun ranges and gun shops can recommend a instructor. A good instructer can really help your learning curve. A bad instructor can really hur your learning curve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top